Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I highly doubt that. Don't you ever get those "Remember that one time when you didn't do that thing I wanted you to do" talks? If I can partially avoid that, I am jumping on the opportunity.

For big picture decisions, I agree with you.

Yeah, I imagine this stuff really is the ultimate in C&C: Subtle, life-altering, and you don't get the consequences until ten years later when she finally wants a divorce.

Divorces aren't wanted in a vacuum. On an instinctive level, wives would prefer that their husbands not be afraid of anything, but especially not themselves. If you are, you're asking for a divorce, and sucking up only hastens the day. If you're sucking up you're fucking up.

Desiderius

Patron
Nope.

If she wants me to do something, she asks respectfully. Sometimes a little too respectfully, and I let her know she's fine.
Being your wife sounds like a fun gig.

Indeed. She's never been happier. She'd be the first to tell you. She's a leader in her field but was afraid to recognize it until I talked her into it and helped her with her research/writing/public speaking. Now she beams with well-earned pride. We also got lucky with the boys, so that's a big happiness booster.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Eh, when you are married, you jump onto every opportunity to watch something with your wife (when it happens to appeal to both). It is the least you can do (which is probably why you are doing it -EZ points).
Why not just watch it again???? I've done that in the past with no issue.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Most things aren't worth watchig twice (or even once). Also, y'know, there's this thing called experiencing something for the first time together, which some people value. I personally like to comment on what I watch and predict what will happen, but that doesn't work when one person has already seen it.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nope.

If she wants me to do something, she asks respectfully. Sometimes a little too respectfully, and I let her know she's fine.

Indeed. She's never been happier. She'd be the first to tell you. She's a leader in her field but was afraid to recognize it until I talked her into it and helped her with her research/writing/public speaking. Now she beams with well-earned pride. We also got lucky with the boys, so that's a big happiness booster.
You're an inspiration. You play hardcore CRPGs AND have a loving family. Blessed, you are.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Eh, when you are married, you jump onto every opportunity to watch something with your wife (when it happens to appeal to both). It is the least you can do (which is probably why you are doing it -EZ points).
I tried that with my family. It's just not the same. It's far more special watching a new show, that the whole family is into.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Most things aren't worth watchig twice (or even once). Also, y'know, there's this thing called experiencing something for the first time together, which some people value. I personally like to comment on what I watch and predict what will happen, but that doesn't work when one person has already seen it.

I looked this Dragon Prince show up and it looks like a cartoon for small children, which is bizarre enough, but since he likes it, I don't see why he wouldn't want to watch it again and adjust any comments accordingly. As for "We gotta watch it together first!!!!" reiterating that it's a cartoon for small children. Like in the 80s, did some guy's wife get upset because her husband watched episodes of Dungeons and Dragons without her?

I'm talking about watching shows or movies with the family, you weirdo.
I know. I still think it's weird that you can't enjoy something on a repeat viewing.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron

I looked this Dragon Prince show up and it looks like a cartoon for small children, which is bizarre enough, but since he likes it, I don't see why he wouldn't want to watch it again and adjust any comments accordingly. As for "We gotta watch it together first!!!!" reiterating that it's a cartoon for small children. Like in the 80s, did some guy's wife get upset because her husband watched episodes of Dungeons and Dragons without her?

I know. I still think it's weird that you can't enjoy something on a repeat viewing.
>I know. I still think it's weird that you can't enjoy something on a repeat viewing.

I tried watching the Powerpuff Girls with my brother. It just wasn't as fun, because I was pretending to be excited, as I had already seen most of the episodes. That first experience is always the most authentic. It's like watching Game of Thrones for the first time ever, you know? You can't be excited or share the same emotions, if you had already seen the episodes and know whats going to happen before hand.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Nope.

I got something close to a wholesome feeling from reading this post, and then I realized I'm on codex.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I tried watching the Powerpuff Girls with my brother. It just wasn't as fun, because I was pretending to be excited, as I had already seen most of the episodes. That first experience is always the most authentic. It's like watching Game of Thrones for the first time ever, you know? You can't be excited or share the same emotions, if you had already seen the episodes and know whats going to happen before hand.

I don't share your experience. I liked watching all kinds of old things I had seen before with my younger brother.

Desiderius

Patron
Nope.

I got something close to a wholesome feeling from reading this post, and then I realized I'm on codex.

I’m turning fifty in two weeks. Once we figure out every possible way we can fuck something up some of us do eventually get some things right despite ourselves.

And KvK I feel you man. Sucks to live in an age so fucked up that it blatantly discriminates against its best men.

But you eventually treat it like an Ice Age or something and do what you have to to survive and get your offspring in there with a fighting chance.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Nope.

I’m turning fifty in two weeks. Once we figure out every possible way we can fuck something up some of us do eventually get some things right despite ourselves.

And KvK I feel you man. Sucks to live in an age so fucked up that it blatantly discriminates against its best men.

But you eventually treat it like an Ice Age or something and do what you have to to survive and get your offspring in there with a fighting chance.
If your children ever ask you,"Dad, what IS a RPG?". How prepared are you to answer? Remember, thousands of hours of Pathfinder have prepared you for this moment.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

I was just talking independently of whatever show it is. Never heard of this show, as I don't watch cartoons. But I guess the sentiment remains even if you're the kind to watch cartoons: you value the shared experience. And maybe you value it even more than the show itself in some cases.

Also there are people, like me, that abhor doing things twice. Feels like I'm wasting time if I already watched it, since the first experience is about discovery, while subsequent ones can no longer be about that, but about nostalgia, comfort or some shit.

Darkzone

Arcane
Dragon Prince is from one that is responsible why Avatar the Last Airbender was that good. It is full of diversity and woke narratives, but what else can you expect from Netflix.
You can have cartoons for children that have also an adult niveau. I watch Dr.Stone with my children and explain them, why and how of the technologies and i also enjoy the presentation and the presented topics myself.

You are lonely person Roguey. It is not about watching it again, it is about the experience of watching it together with your loved ones for the first time.

Desiderius

Patron
You play hardcore CRPGs AND have a loving family. Blessed, you are.

That and my appendix ruptured in the wrong ER. On my second organ transplant and two other major surgeries this year. “Normal” finally for last three months. Hope to return to work once boys are in school.

And I don’t play hardcore, I play Bards and shit. Not my fault that Owlcat decided to make a game where Bards are OP and skills and Blindsight and Athletics and all that nonsense actually matter.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
You play hardcore CRPGs AND have a loving family. Blessed, you are.

That and my appendix ruptured in the wrong ER. On my second organ transplant and two other major surgeries this year. “Normal” finally for last three months. Hope to return to work once boys are in school.

And I don’t play hardcore, I play Bards and shit. Not my fault that Owlcat decided to make a game where Bards are OP and skills and Blindsight and Athletics and all that nonsense actually matter.
Sorry to hear mate. I hope you get better.

Codex Year of the Donut
Doesn't even live in the same city as his wife, but she refuses to let him watch a new show unless she's watching with him. *sound of a whipcrack*

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1198539199911100416

"The mainstream media would never lie to me. It makes me physically ill to even consider the possibility!"--this guy right here
There was a fake news smear against Chris Avellone earlier this year that got a lot of coverage.
It's one of the first things that comes up if you search Google for "Chris Avellone".

I tried watching the Powerpuff Girls with my brother. It just wasn't as fun, because I was pretending to be excited, as I had already seen most of the episodes.

But it's a more style driven series than plot driven. This should make the series lose less on the rewatch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom