Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
most artists create their best work in their old age. Youth and energy does nothing towards mastering one's craft.

From my observations, most writers and directors do their best work closer to the beginning of their career than at the end, and it's only rarely the opposite.

Does this also happens to people who started their careers late? I hope this is caused by the fact that most people just have only a few original ideas, not because the body decays.
The problem isn't age itself, it is age in a shitty world.

Creativity is done in conjunction with God or with other higher beings, if you are not on good terms with your own higer beings or God, then no creativity for you.

NPC451

Literate
[Joke]Avellone needs to submit to Allah for creative inspiration.
[Serious] Alcohol is haram for a reason,Teetotalism might have kept him from acting like a degenerate in a crowded train.

Most known literature figures' works improved as they aged. The difference is that in videogame industry person can only pull off 1-3 games before 80 hour crunchy workweek burns all the passion out.

Game devs don't know better and all in on a single project, leaving their health and love for the craft shattered after. Short-sighted approach.

Funposter

Arcane
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
True art is after all a manifestation of divine inspiration, or the logos.
If you know anything about Christian theology you'll know that when it was written that God made man in His own image, it wasn't a reference to physical appearence, but the logos.
In our counciousness exists a spark of the divine, though we ourselves are obviously just a bunch of sinful, mortal shitbags.
The artists simply harnesses the logos to create great works of art. And there exists an objective measure of what art and beauty is, anyone who tells you different is a marxist relativist and probably a Jew.
Basically, what I'm getting at with this is this: REPENT YOU DEGENERATE FUCKING FAGGOTS AND ACCEPT THE WORD OF GOD BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!
150356.jpg

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
True art is after all a manifestation of divine inspiration, or the logos.
True art is made under the influence of large dosages of drugs.

You can't really write under the influence.
Or code.

Drug Influence As A Creativity Fuel is a myth invented by the conform crowd which is afraid of The True Artists and their amazing alien brains.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Ladies & Gents, as much as it pains me to say, but Larian is the only big RPG studio left worth giving a shit about.

I think that either studiou should be PERFECT or could go home.
Of course we all missing for BIG LARGE SCALE PRGs cause we all can see a natural limitations inherent to indie studios, like in Age of Decadence and Underrail.
The only question is is Larians PERFECT or just somewhat near.

I get the impression the industry doesn't want that though. They don't want someone setting the bar two decades ago, and for nobody to even come close ever since. I expect the publishers don't want it, and generic writers in the industry get pissed off about it.

Actually that's the KEY point.
I think that too - too good is no good for moneymakers, cause rreal artists are too few or none, and they need to turn on conveyor to make money and vomit with propaganda.

submit to Alla

False guy? Bad idea.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I suppose this thread is more appropriate than the other one, but Chris has silently updated his linkedin

Turns out he stopped working on Levine's vaporware in 2019
Narrative Designer/Writer
Ghost Story Games

Dec 2015 – Aug 2019

No surprises here

Techland

Jun 2015 – Jun 2020 5 years 1 month

Wrocław Area, Poland

- Narrative designer on Dying Light 2, working on lore, background, character profiles, dialogues, quest design, script writing, script doctoring, and choices and consequences as well as reactivity mapping and tracking related to C&C.

WolfEye Studios

Oct 2017 – Jun 2020 2 years 9 months

The World

- Freelance writing contributing lore, quests, and dialogue to "Weird West" (www.weirdwest.com) in collaboration with studio heads and writing team.

He lists Kingmaker in the list of games he's worked on but he doesn't have Owlcat listed on companies so who knows where that stands at the moment. :M

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
He lists Kingmaker in the list of games he's worked on but he doesn't have Owlcat listed on companies so who knows where that stands at the moment.
Slow news day, but what, Chrissy worked with Owlcat? I guess he has no choice but to move to Russia now and work there. Considering who he is, he can expect good salary and near royal treatment. :smug:

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
He lists Kingmaker in the list of games he's worked on but he doesn't have Owlcat listed on companies so who knows where that stands at the moment.
Slow news day, but what, Chrissy worked with Owlcat? I guess he has no choice but to move to Russia now and work there. Considering who he is, he can expect good salary and near royal treatment. :smug:

NokNok came directly from his feather and he had a lot of work on the writing team in general. Explains why NokNok is the first goblin whoms brain I havnt knocked out of him on sight. His quest was cool with the ritual duel with the other gobbo.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
At least he didn't put an end date to his freelance career :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom