Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

flushfire

Augur
Same reason as to why the crash site in Arcanum sucks ass. They're supposed to be tutorials, not challenge areas. TBF to the temple except for the final tribal it wasn't that hard, just tedious. Still, it was very possible to die if you didn't already know what you were doing, and that runs counter to the purpose, no? I like both tbh, but for different reasons than what they're there for.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Same reason as to why the crash site in Arcanum sucks ass. They're supposed to be tutorials, not challenge areas. TBF to the temple except for the final tribal it wasn't that hard, just tedious. Still, it was very possible to die if you didn't already know what you were doing, and that runs counter to the purpose, no? I like both tbh, but for different reasons than what they're there for.
The crash site is way better though.
Talk to Virgil, find the Molocchean Hand amulet, kill some wolves, boars and rats (in the cave). You could have some trouble if you don't have points spent in combat skills, but Virgil can usually take care of the critters for you.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah I never understood all the crying over the temple it is super short, I see people here play shit with 20 hour long intro sequences and not bat an eye.
It's longer than it should be and it makes no sense. Who built this thing and why? As Timmy said

Killzig: Where the hell did the idea for the temple of trials come from ?

Tim Cain: Marketing demanded a start map that acted like a tutorial. DEMANDED. As in, you cannot say no. Blech.

Killzig: So basically if marketing hadn't demanded it, would you agree that it didn't really fit into the scope of the universe?

Tim Cain: I agree

Tim Cain: My opinions are no longer canon Killzig

Wunderbar

Arcane
They could've designed it as an actual part of the world, grounded in reality. "As a trial of passage, The Chosen One must go on a hunting trip to a nearby grove and get a gecko hide". Boom, done.

Instead they've built a freaking stone temple.

Modron

Arcane
Fallout 1 and 2 are kind of grounded in real world locations, not really aware of any museums built into cliff faces in southern Oregon. Don't get me wrong would be cool to be wrong.

thesecret1

Arcane
You should ask Pete Hines for his opinion on the temple. I'm sure his reply would be very enlightening and put the debate to rest.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
776807126480322219.png

What about the head found inside the village? It's similar to the one at Temple. Any lore behind that one?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Could be, but looks very similar to the Fallout pre-bombs architecture. With that I mean, there could have been a bigger settlement here, hence the vault/museum or whatever.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1681035807258451969

It was very interesting seeing how quick people were on Reddit, in general, to throw you away after worshipping you and your work for years. Then this judgement finally came out and suddenly they loved you again and forgot all the nasty things they previously said.
If only it was just Reddit
Poor Chris seething that we and I guess neogaf were perhaps the only communities not to turn on him.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Talk to Virgil, find the Molocchean Hand amulet, kill some wolves, boars and rats (in the cave). You could have some trouble if you don't have points spent in combat skills, but Virgil can usually take care of the critters for you.
The wolves are a challenge to some people.

Baldanders

Novice
The wolves are a challenge to some people.
I'll say https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_GxPyBmHcLe3wYfyfBT1OPEJqhZQGM7F

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom