Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
now we only need someone to explain the dirty grin on his face
a) he had a bit of the hair of the dog that bit him
b) it's a cope smile on account of having to sit by himself with no table while everyone else is sitting 3-4 to a table

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
That old dude with the gross diseased leg tho.
:what:

That's Christophe Carrier, lead level designer at Arkane since Arx Fatalis.
He is also the man behind the Clockwork Mansion and Crack in the Slab in Dishonored 2. Most of the company didn't want to plan theses levels because of its complexity but he put his job on the line to make it happen.
He needs that level of commitment applied to getting his diabetes under control. And covering that shit up in public.

BlackheartXIII

Educated
I imagine Chris has asked her for details about the dysfunction currently going on at Obsidian Entertainment (after all I'm sure she had a good reason to leave Avowed for WolfEye)
According to her linkedin she was hired as a narrative designer (works remotely) for WolfEye in September (2023). Franznick's have 2 years of experience as game dev (as asscoiate narrative designer), and apparently she is consulting others (https://www.meanderingmedievalist.com/coaching), narrative design culture becomes more MFA-like over the years (since the mid 10's).

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Typo in the very first sentence of the bio on her website. Quality stuff.

I am an award-winning a narrative designer, medievalist, writer, podcaster, and writing coach, among other things.

Also:

I also co-host the Maniculum, a podcast that teaches listeners how to adapt medieval stories into TTRPG adventures and breaks down harmful cliches and stereotypes in modern fantasy literature and games.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Elttharion

Learned
Seeing Chris sitting alone makes me sad.

Come back to the codex Chris, you will never be alone again.

dr-evil-hug.gif

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jokes aside; if he actually is getting to work on something, I am happy for him. I hope he has a worthwhile role, and not just writing one character, or something like that.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
what the fuck is going on in this thread
A visual representation what's going on:
"a group of sweaty, fat, unkempt, and disheveled roleplayer nerds wearing tattered t-shirts sitting at desktop computers, gossiping heavily"

DXZRxAu.jpg

Also notice the champagne glasses guys have in their hands.

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
He finally got to the vodka section of his spiced coke.
I was just thinking of this, merging the can + champagne glass narratives to save his rebel status!

If you think about it, a man with a magnetic personality like Chris can only sit alone by choice, not because no one wants him near (heresy!).

Clearly he spiked of swapped the contents of his alleged can with the good stuff, and sat in the back to hide the smell. I'd grin smugly too.

:excellent:

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
He finally got to the vodka section of his spiced coke.
I was just thinking of this, merging the can + champagne glass narratives to save his rebel status!

If you think about it, a man with a magnetic personality like Chris can only sit alone by choice, not because no one wants him near (heresy!).

Clearly he spiked of swapped the contents of his alleged can with the good stuff, and sat in the back to hide the smell. I'd grin smugly too.

:excellent:
your thinking is flawed! vodka leaves no smell on the breath

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Do we truly know if he is alone?
For all we know, he could have an entire harem of lusty gaymer girls to which he professionally explains his third wheeling exit strategy.
He lives with his wife in a million dollar home, he doesn't need to be liked by other people.

(the house isn't that impressive, it's a location premium)

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Do we truly know if he is alone?
For all we know, he could have an entire harem of lusty gaymer girls to which he professionally explains his third wheeling exit strategy.
He lives with his wife in a million dollar home, he doesn't need to be liked by other people.

(the house isn't that impressive, it's a location premium)

Roguey, why the hell do you know what his house looks like?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom