Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civvie thread (classic FPS reviews/commentary on youtube)

Sodafish

Arcane
So he chooses a piece of shit alternate platform which makes the videos impossible to make fullscreen when embedded? Gud jerb civvie.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
This is why nobody should ever tweet.

How else would I find subjects for my training lessons?

1135340.jpg

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I might be the weird one again (i mean, i like Blood 2 more than Blood 1 even though he ripped it to shreds - and at a logical sense, i agree with his reasons but i still like the game), but the Thief's Guild level is one of the most memorable for me :-P. It might have to do with me actually liking looking into every little panel, banner, etc to find stuff.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's not "weird". That's stupid plain fucking broken. Seek help.

The time for that was 2 decades ago, it has been a very long time since i accepted it :-P. Besides what i like in B2 more than B1 is the modern/scifi setting (as opposed to horror film late 19th century/early 20th century setting - i was never that much into horror films), the 3D environments and in general i prefer low poly models to 2D sprites (even though Blood's sprites are among the best).

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
I also really enjoyed the repetitive bulletsponge encounters, copy-pasted train levels, and shitty, broken weapons.

You forgot the framerate dependent damage (if you find the game too hard, try to cap the framerate at 60 fps :-P), the collision glitches (if you run over stuff chances are you wont pick them up, you have to stop over every item for it to register), scripting glitches (always amusing when a zealot teleports to its death :-P), etc etc, i know about the game's issues, i've played it many times since the late 90s :).

(though i do not remember any particularly broken weapons, i could always find a use for all of them)

Baron Dupek

Arcane

I played that game year ago. Tried to run in virtual machine due to obnoxious DRM, turns out it shit itself in farm level, which is like second level?
Still have no idea what's going on in the story. And there is no lighting system in the game, which is both weird and amazing.

Last edited:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
I remember playing that game many years ago, it was a weird FPS but i really liked its atmosphere. Too bad it isn't available anywhere to buy it digitally.

And there is no lighting system in the game, which is both weird and amazing.

Nitpicky, but there is lighting, it just is all static :-P. But you can see shadows and the dynamic models getting affected by the existing lighting in the environment (e.g. the gun getting darker when you are in dark areas).

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Compared to other Russian/Ukrainian mid 2000-s shooters this one is alright. I've seen and played some that are way worse. Curious art-direction and remarkable attention to details, very few gamebreaking bugs and no gut-wrenching game mechanics.

lightbane

Arcane
It's too bad Civvie had to try and get PC points by supporting anti-white terrorists, his videos were funny and interesting. That last one is tempting, but I dunno how to watch it without giving him clicks and I don't support virtue signalers.

A horse of course

It's too bad Civvie had to try and get PC points by supporting anti-white terrorists, his videos were funny and interesting. That last one is tempting, but I dunno how to watch it without giving him clicks and I don't support virtue signalers.

Aren't you virtue signaling yourself right now?

Sharing your thoughts on an obscure white nationalist forum is hardly virtue-signalling.

lightbane

Arcane
I wanted to pirate the videos I like to not give him any money, but for the last one I decided to simply watch a longplay of You are Empty and skim through it. Interesting game, with a noticeable feeling of despair (as usual with Eastern people games). Funnily enough pagb666 has begun making a play-trough of the game anyway, making the point moot.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Youtube pays peanuts anyway, unless you have millions of subscribers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom