Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
In my Zoro game, the Shias have swallowed all the Karling kingdoms except Italy.

XenomorphII

Prophet
In my Zoro game, the Shias have swallowed all the Karling kingdoms except Italy.

Whats the benefit of having a Zoroastrian faith reformed?

Zoros start reformed (compared to the other pagans, they can change inheritance laws just fine, and wage regular holy wars). Restoring the faith (which is reclaiming all the lands of the Persian Empire and enacting the couple of decisions) makes it where you can launch Great Holy Wars (like jihad or crusade, for kingdom tier titles), excomm, divorce, etc, and let's you proclaim yourself the whatever it is (haven't pulled that off yet so don't know what it does, I expect it makes vassals like you more, boosts some stats).

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Ah, not a great priority then.
Also, too darn funny - I kept sending people I hate to their deaths by simply putting them in charge of heathen conversion.

"What do you want, you know I hate you. I really really, REALLY hate you."
"OK, that's why I can only entrust you with this mission. You are now my Divine Messenger."
"What?"
"I want you to go to this...'Sweden.' And convince them of our wincestry."
"I... I need time to think about this."
"Go with God. Ahura Mazda protect you."

A week later...

"Sir, he's dead. The Heathens sacrificed him in a grisly ritual."
"By Ahura Mazda's Mercy! What horrible news! I must deliver my condolences immediately to his widow!"

"Sob, sob. I am alone in this world."
"No, you don't have to be. You are now my concubine."
"Milord, I..."
"And your son will be given a temple to govern and pray for his father's spirit."
"I don't know what to say."
"Shhh... no more words, only emotions."

oscar

Arcane
How do Shia uprisings work? So far they've been utterly ineffectual in dividing the huge Muslim blob. I think the blob has simply reached the critical mass where nothing can really destroy it.

Got a Muslim Hungary and Bohemia, I've never seen the AI do anything close to this.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
In my game Christians are holding fairly well, even if Abbasids are super-empire (Shi'a seem to have zero chance at establishing themselves without player guidance), though a big reason might be that mighty Finland has been checking the Seljuks at every turn.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
What are the requirements to block rivers for raiders? I remember devs said something about high level of Fortress but that doesn't seem to work.

RK47

Patron
Hahah, another 50 years before dirty brown men pretending to be Romans coming in? Fine. I'll park a 80k army ready.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
After several restarts as the Avar count in Balaton, I am finally on the way to become the King of Hungary. Hope that Bulgaria stand firm as a buffer against Byzantines while I gobble up the Slavs to the north.

RK47

Patron
a human byzantine player has nothing to fear

Fart Master

Savant
Raiding is unbelievably tedious. Haven't played more than 10 years because I'm constantly restarting. Maybe vikings aren't for me.

RK47

Patron
Rome's gone. 66% Catholic Moral Authority. It's over for the West.

26.jpg

:yeah:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I've just kidnapped a young Prince of the Abbasid empire. So...
...for the maximum troll effect should I make him a spoiled little monster or rather a good king/norse inner agent?

oscar

Arcane
One of the Caliphates of the Muslim blob turned out culturally Greek due to his mentor. Had a laugh imagining some Hellenophile Bedouin ruling over a vast empire stretching from Hungary to Italy to North Africa.

Surviving as a child when the regent wants to kill you really is something.

RK47

Patron
I'd say county of Gilan? Justanids have a good shot.

XenomorphII

Prophet
What's the best start for a Zoro Persia?

Karen isn't bad (duchy of Merv). Eat up the weaker Muslims around you, then move into Persia. Always keep lots of money for mercs on hand.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom