Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
i'd appreciate an option to not get the silly events with cthulhu or the +2 axe thing... and i mean a box you can tick in the options menu, not a mod

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Eh, it's broken the moment you have 5k skirmish retinue.
And the new revolt shit ... HAHAHA what a joke. 'We'd like to give motivations behind revolts.' AHAHAHAHA yeah right.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Eh, it's broken the moment you have 5k skirmish retinue.
And the new revolt shit ... HAHAHA what a joke. 'We'd like to give motivations behind revolts.' AHAHAHAHA yeah right.

Heretic and peasant revolts are annoyingly easy to crush and pointless as shit but liberator revolts are cool (if you're not the target that is).

RK47

Patron
It's boring, unfun and adds more tediousness since the stack can move around and have a merry chase over nothing.

22.jpg

I lost a lot of land up north cause I was too lazy to chase them around while eating up Arabian Empire.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm getting really fed up with the bullshit stability of the Seljuks. I've beaten multiple invasions by them so far, their Decadence is 90%, half their vassals hate them, 75% of the realm has wrong province religion, regencies galore, assassins racking up a bodycount of a small genocide...

AND THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A SINGLE CIVIL WAR OVER ANYTHING

EDIT: Just did a little test: Loaded the save up as the Seljuk sultan, imprisoned and executed in a random county in buttfuck to get -1000 relations with vassals, created two additional kingdom titles, quicksaved, switched back to regular crew... Ten years later no one still hasn't lifted a finger to change things in the Seljuk realm.

oscar

Arcane
Have Muslims been buffed significantly? They seem very stable, the Caliphate has owned a huge empire stretching from North Africa to Persia to Hungary (they easily steamrolled the Byzantines who are now confined to Yugoslavia) without too much in the way of civil wars. Haven't seen Muslims do this well in many a game.

RK47

Patron
Eh, the fuck is up with my game, played a Duchy of Salerno, and gave my eldest son a republic county that we captured. Should be a nice transition to Republic when I pass away. OK I got maimed serving the King of Italy war... and I died. Right, now let's play a Republic...except...

23.jpg

Weird. I have the DLC loaded.
Went back to main menu map, tried to select my son the vassal Lord Mayor..and.... nope.
Can't play him as well. What the fuck is going on?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
You guys recommend any mods to play alongside old gods? Ck2+ is pretty much abandoned and Prince and the Thane is still to release a compatible version, so that leaves me with Project Balance, is it any good?

mondblut

Arcane
Eh, the fuck is up with my game, played a Duchy of Salerno, and gave my eldest son a republic county that we captured. Should be a nice transition to Republic when I pass away. OK I got maimed serving the King of Italy war... and I died. Right, now let's play a Republic...except...

Weird. I have the DLC loaded.
Went back to main menu map, tried to select my son the vassal Lord Mayor..and.... nope.
Can't play him as well. What the fuck is going on?

You can only play duchy-level republics. County republics are unplayable.

Strange, back when Republic was released, for the sake of experiment I (emperor of roman empire) handed out duchy of Venice as a republic to the eldest son (also appointed despot), and he was dropped out of inheritance, the second son becoming heir of all my feudal titles.

Cassidy

Arcane
it's ok for a chuckle once... gets old really fast

Yeah, this isn't a crazy alternate history setting with a Lovecraftian theme and VIKINGS!, after all. That is like the Crepitus in Jagged Alliance 2, except there is an option between "Realistic" and "Sci-Fi" modes in that game and it only happens one time.

I'm getting really fed up with the bullshit stability of the Seljuks. I've beaten multiple invasions by them so far, their Decadence is 90%, half their vassals hate them, 75% of the realm has wrong province religion, regencies galore, assassins racking up a bodycount of a small genocide...

EDIT: Just did a little test: Loaded the save up as the Seljuk sultan, imprisoned and executed in a random county in buttfuck to get -1000 relations with vassals, created two additional kingdom titles, quicksaved, switched back to regular crew... Ten years later no one still hasn't lifted a finger to change things in the Seljuk realm.

Wow, that is worse than Magna Mundi.

Vaarna_Aarne

The cause is a mystery however, there's nothing in the modifier files that could account for it.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Sometimes the dice simply falls that way. I'm pretty sure something was done to the decadence mechanic, however it must be under the hood as I can't find it in the files.

It's fucking awesome that they expanded the revolts and/or rebellion to be more than just a stat penalty or stack. Now they can actually grow and have something of a goal. Best of all, they're open to modding so you can expect to see all sort of revolts appear in mods like TPATT and GoT and such. I for one hope to see a religious uprising expand to cover parts of your empire when the population is of a different creed than the ruler. Would be extremely neat if nearby rulers could join in the fray to support you or your heathen pop. Pdox once again hasn't made a perfect mechanic but put all the tools in place for modders to make something out of it.

Which kinda sucks but also is kinda cool at the same time.

Vaarna_Aarne

I would have given anything to be able to send support to the Cuman rebels in Turkland, would have made my life 100x easier if they'd won.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Republic related question: As Almafi (think that is the name, it was added in TOG and is a Greek Ortho republic in the new start date, partially), is there anyway to replace the Italian families with Greek ones? Or do I have to try to educate their children into Greeks? (I already tried murdering them into the ground, but alas, they were replaced by more Italians)

Answer (for any others interested): Get someone in the family you want changed to the culture/religion you want by education, then murder away until that person is in charge and the last heir. Then murder him, and boom right culture and religion (and with a culturally appropriate name) family spawns to take their place.

There is something up with the Seljuks. I have looked at the files as well, and I cannot find any modifiers or anything that should be causing their ridiculous stability (never seen them break up, but luckily I have been in a position to stop their expansion). Also in all my games so far they end up taking over the Russian area instead of spilling into Persia and becoming a headache for the Byzzies.

Vaarna_Aarne

Republic related question: As Almafi (think that is the name, it was added in TOG and is a Greek Ortho republic in the new start date, partially), is there anyway to replace the Italian families with Greek ones? Or do I have to try to educate their children into Greeks? (I already tried murdering them into the ground, but alas, they were replaced by more Italians)

Answer (for any others interested): Get someone in the family you want changed to the culture/religion you want by education, then murder away until that person is in charge and the last heir. Then murder him, and boom right culture and religion (and with a culturally appropriate name) family spawns to take their place.

There is something up with the Seljuks. I have looked at the files as well, and I cannot find any modifiers or anything that should be causing their ridiculous stability (never seen them break up, but luckily I have been in a position to stop their expansion). Also in all my games so far they end up taking over the Russian area instead of spilling into Persia and becoming a headache for the Byzzies.
Yea, you'd think they'd have tried to make a mechanic similar to the Magyars with the Seljuks to force them down to Middle-East and pushed out from greater Russia region until the Mongols show up. At the very least mighty Finland resists worst Turk (and I *will* drive them out the moment the goddamn High Priestess would call a holy war for Perm).

My current test plan is to destroy the Seljuk title, see if that changes anything.

Dead Guy

Cipher
Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but suddenly I realized a majority of the baronies in my counties answer to dukes and counts of other lands. I've been emperor for a long time so this isn't exactly huge. But I find it kind of weird that the game doesn't tell you when a vassal changes his liege to someone else, shouldn't that be a big deal for a lord? One Baron controls four castles, three in my counties and one in another county, and answers to that other count. I can't revoke the baronies because he's not my vassal anymore, and I can't take them back by force because the counts lord is my vassal. So how the shit do I get them back?

Also, what kind of inheriting out of the realm does high crown authority stop, anyway? I'm seeing shit get inherited out of my realm all the time despite having high or max authority at both empire and kingdom level. On some occasion I noticed different sons of another ruler would inherit his kingdom and a duchy in mine for example.

thesoup

Arcane

Yeah, it's weird. In my game the Abbassid's have blobbed considerably and had no civil wars that I remember. They even swallowed up the Saffarids. Right now they're basically Persia. Guess I'll wait a decade or two until the inevitable Seljuk rape train arrives and then I'll dismantle them.

The cause is a mystery however, there's nothing in the modifier files that could account for it.
The cause is certain. Everything is just a RNG event, and you have majorly pissed off his RNG-highness and so he has deigned to intercede on your enemy's behalf. I've been presented an independence ultimatum composed entirely of vassals with 40-70 relations, whilst negative relation vassals happily sit on the sidelines not caring. RNG don't care.

Let me point out that your test could be completely ineffective if the sultan gave those kingdoms away. The courtiers who received them would be entirely loyal since they weren't vassals while the tyranny was going on, and their own vassals will not be unhappy since they have a new lord. Or you might want to check that the sultan wasn't simply assassinated, the new one won't have any problems with vassals.

I've definitely seen the Arabian empire be remarkably resilient in one of my games. They had plenty of independence wars but never lost a single one even with me doing my best to intervene.

Vaarna_Aarne

The key part of the test is that the kingdom titles cannot be given away without causing indepedence of said vassal (for some reason the Turks haven't formed Tartaria), so they should trigger more independence and claim plots.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Well, apparently there is a bug with Muslims not being invaded due to decadence.The thing is rebels (and I think also Viking raids) technically count as wars, and being at war prevents decadence related invasions (which is dumb). That might be the reason for the relative stability in Muslim lands.

Mortmal

Arcane
The invasions for decadence are still on i 've seen it happen, but the problem is now not only they lock decadent relatives more often but they expand a lot more and can sometimes stomach it as its only a few doomstacks of 30k, even if they dont it just change the dynasty name their blob is still unharmed. Selljuk get a doomstack of 50K immune to attrition, that may help a bit too . My first game i was holding as zorastrian and reformed persia with lot of save scumming, but while i was doing that they completely devoured the byzantine empire + germany, its still doable if you drag them through high attrition lands and mountains but much tougher than before just to get a few counties.
Second game playing norse ,muslims have left byzantine untouched but completely took over spain and france , that very early in the game. Ai reform tengri 100% o the time by itself with a gigantic carpathian empire, most of the games only italy is holding , but a republic of italy ! Not a normal kingdom of course...Other chistians are wiped out really fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom