Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I think you mean the Welsh have left it free.

oscar

Arcane
I've noticed this in a few games, Brittany seems to love making cross-sea forays into Ireland and Wales and usually takes over a few of their fellow Celt's provinces.

baturinsky

Arcane
Just stumbled on this viking goodness

you've left my beloved northern england free?
In my Norse game I left most of the England unconquered. But while I was busy in Scandinavia, my vassals finished the job.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
OK, Mali, second try. A good start.

01.jpg

Has problem keeping his penis under control, but it should be alright...

02.jpg

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yep. Thing is, it's got a lot worse starting position than any of the other pagan religions, and needs to fight a much longer way to reform.

West Africans have ultimogeniture as an option before they reform, but I'm not sure if that's a bug or not. Also their cultural-specific retinue have a particularly good composition if you want to go archer-heavy but not more than 60% archers so you don't get rushed in the 3rd day of battle.

Their position is definitely hard mode of the game though. No way out of that corner but through the Arabs.

RK47

Patron
Oh come the fuck on, that's just bullshit!
Marrakech - 910 AD
Suddenly: Vikings!

04.jpg

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It just progresses it seems, the further the more good-for-nothing but well armed scum you'll get. Two 19k stacks is a common thing.

It scales similarly to mercs, and seems to go up with realm size as well. The worst part is that they seem to be attrition-free doomstacks, so it's like a mongol invasion that can happen any time, any where. Though at least it has the curtesy to land on a naval border so that you can doomstack your troops on ships.

As Mali I had one happen while fighting the Arabian Empire. 3 stacks of 9k troops landed ontop of the same province that 30k arabs were sieging. They were not hostile to each other.

As Mali I had one happen while fighting the Arabian Empire. 3 stacks of 9k troops landed ontop of the same province that 30k arabs were sieging. They were not hostile to each other.
This seems counter-productive for both sides.

The arabs took a bit of attrition but the province sieged instantly and then they split up.

It did in fact work out fine for me, but only because I assassinated the leader of the host which ended the war instantly, then I just waited around while leading the Arabs into attrition-heavy provinces until they became manageable for my army of about 20k.

Naturally the Arabs immediately produced another stack of 30k troops, because fucking arabs. Abbasids stretched along everything from their starting position in Asia Minor to control of much of Iberia, minus my position in Mauretania.

OK, Mali, second try. A good start.
How? Catched Umayyad in the middle of civil war?

That's your best bet at the beginning when you are much weaker. Alternatively, start a civil war. By letting them declare war on you, drag it out for a decade so their vassals hate the lords guts while the levies attrition everywhere, then attack and eat up a few counties of rebelling vassals.

Usually it's Idrisids you are fighting rather than Umayyads though. That's some bad luck in RK's game if the Umayyads are in his way, since they are much stronger.

RK47

Patron
I think I'll just convert to Norse and be done with this bullshit. Their doomstack is nigh unbeatable. They take no casualty and just rapes. Until their AI bugged out and declared war on the little Muslim county Caranias without a single fleet to take them there. GG retarded AI.

RK47

Patron
Also, why the fuck does Mali only has access to just ONE merc company?
I've broken through to Portugal and moved my capital to Leon - and still there's not company to hire except for Ghanaian Band.

mondblut

Arcane
I've broken through to Portugal and moved my capital to Leon - and still there's not company to hire except for Ghanaian Band.

Who would want to work for niggers?

They had zero merc companies up until about a week ago. Don't think you'll ever get more unless you convert

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom