Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

baturinsky

Arcane
Is loyalty penalty for distance less severe now? I remember it being problematic even for Spanish holdings with London capital, and disastrous for Jerusalem.

baturinsky

Arcane
I'll clarify. In old model, each vassal has a chance of upraising, which was your rep with you, plus some mods, most significant of which was distance penalty. That made having distant colonies (such as Jerusalem, if you are Britain) nearly impossible. Is it still so? Or I can easily have empire of patches here and there, with only problem being logistics?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yes, currently vassal uprisings don't have RNG event to launch them, instead they form a faction (various types, from supporting a claimant, independence, lowering crown authority, changing laws, etc; whatever's pissing them off the most), which means you won't be facing down a single poor bastard but a shitload of bastards if it comes to that (IIRC Factions only present demands when they have 30+% of your maximum possible force).

I don't know if not having a land connection to the liege matters, but if it does it's not a downright penalty but a preference for certain factions.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros, I've seen some really weird shit in this game, but this one takes the cake:

Can someone explain me how is this even possible?

baturinsky

Arcane
It would be Dark Age Rance, if you could make women military commanders, give them any council seat, and grant lands. Last one thing is possible for Basque, though.

So, as I said before, you need emancipation to make CK2 like SR.

Looks like Poland got overrun by Arabs. : x
Actually, Arabs get wiped out by Aztecs, while Poland tries to survive an onslaught of Catholic Mongols.

TA2Wjdp.jpg

But Poland, you are the Arab!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
One of endless sources of mirth for me in my almost concluded Finn campaign has been how so many patricians in my three four merchant republics have caught jungle fever. One of my best generals in the entire game (28 martial, NOT a genius) was a mulatto patrician (his old man was one of the first who caught jungle fever) who was as black as the night (full african portrait). Dude was one of my most succesful underlings ever, being an accomplished general, Grand Mayor who brought his republic to its full de jure expansion by conquering Hamburg and Bremen all by himself, AND obscenely wealthy (he expanded the family's trade outposts to triple from the meager amount they had before he took reins) and permanent Marshal of the Kingdom.

Post-patch when the game reset the random-generated coats of arms... That motherfucker's House now has a coat of arms with a dark-brown lightning bolt in the middle.

I swear sometimes this game is deliberately fucking with me.

(The reason for all the Mande coming to my various vassal courts is probably due to my realm being the only pagan power left, so any West African pagan exiles and escapees from muslim Mali seem to prioritize it).

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Memento Mori Expanded for CKII 1.101

Memento Mori is a mod born out of a simple ambition. To bring back a little bit of the uncertainty and excitement that came with managing a dynasty in the original Crusader Kings with the excellent DVIP mod. While Crusader Kings II is in almost every aspect an improvement on the original game, Paradox has drastically lowered the difficulties and dangers that your characters run into during their life in the middle ages. Diseases back then were deadly, medical care was more apt to kill you than heal you, giving birth was like playing Russian roulette and violence maimed and killed as often as it gave prestige. This mod attempts to emulate the hardships that people endured in those times. Mind you, this is not made to make life for your nobles impossible or the game a whole lot more difficult. This is designed to make you stop taking easy births, easy sickbeds and long lifespans for granted and to make you be a lot more invested in the succession of your lineage. In short, to make the Medieval Dynasty Simulator part of this amazing game a little more exciting. Hope you enjoy it!

Diseases are more virulent and deadly.
Wounds are more serious.
Battles have become slightly more dangerous for the participants.
More prestige gained for participants in battle.
Traveling over the sea has become a bit more like the dangerous thing it used to be.
Assassination attempts have more serious consequences.
Sieges may lead to buildings being destroyed.
Children can now be stillborn.

Memento Mori Expanded is however slightly bigger than just plain old Memento Mori. In it I've integrated those mods that I feel are absolutely necessary for Crusader Kings II but don't change around the basic gameplay too much. In it we've got the excellent extra ambitions and objectives from the Additional Objectives 2.0 mod, the beautiful coats of arms from Arko's Armoriepack, Syren's Nicknames mod, the best portrait mod with the extremely pretty Cultures and Portraits Revamp and the Culturally Different Cities mod. Which makes the worldmap look that much better that it's amazing Paradox themselves never bothered. All of these mods won't change around the vanilla game too much, but it sure becomes a hell of a lot more fun to look at and play around with. Have fun.

Many thanks to Wiz, Cybrxkhan, Vaarne Aarne, Syren, apg, fawr, avee, GAGA extrem, rafek, the_chancellor and all those other people whom I bothered with endless questions and from whose mods I both learned and burrowed. Especially a big thanks to all the mods included in this expanded version. This thing wouldn't exist without you!

Updated to run with 1.101. Incorporated updated Cultures and Portraits Revamp. Few bugfixes. Expect a new version in a few weeks as the next patch will appear and other mods I've incorporated in here seem to be about to be updated as well. Will look at integrating the rather neat Duel mod in here as well, as it really does fun things with battles, duels and jousts.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qr6u9gdude9l8bf

Also linking to the excellent El Cid's Music Mod which adds the music of both the original Crusader Kings and Medieval: Total War to the soundtrack. Get this, it's excellent. Just copy the files into your music folder and copy song.txt there as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a5llm22cjd2dyrz/music.zip

baturinsky

Arcane
izjUX264klnT.jpg

Well, good luck with that

Also, Scotland is all over the place. Gathering levies is logistic nightmare. And I can't Conquest on Sweden for some reason. Therefore I will have to wrestle Norse holy places from French.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom