Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Going to look into adding some more ambitions, decisions, plots and factions for the next Memento Mori. They really expand on the gameplay in my opinion and right now it's a constant hassle to find the best ones from other mods. I want to keep basic MM as light as possible but if Pdox is not going to expand them in vanilla I just might as well make them a fixture in MM.

Also going to take a look at the CK1 DVIP events. There were tons there and it seems noone else has thought of converting them into CKII. If I do that however I'll make it a simple event mod.

Not going to make a specific MM thread. Workshop is for rpg stuff and the few posts I make in this here thread regarding updates isn't that much of a hassle. Will however link to the last version of Memento Mori Expanded in my sig.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It would be Dark Age Rance, if you could make women military commanders, give them any council seat, and grant lands.

CK2+ has an option for that IIRC

izjUX264klnT.jpg
Well, good luck with that

Also, Scotland is all over the place. Gathering levies is logistic nightmare. And I can't Conquest on Sweden for some reason. Therefore I will have to wrestle Norse holy places from French.

Zeeland (small islands in the independent dutchy of Flanders) and Naumedal are both minor nations on that map. Grab those two + hold on to Sjælland and you're good to go.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It would be Dark Age Rance, if you could make women military commanders, give them any council seat, and grant lands.

CK2+ has an option for that IIRC
Your House of Justice still doesn't have to save the world from demon invasions every generation while saving all the (cute) girls from their virginity and non-tasteful rapists.

Would Mongols count as a demon invasion?

baturinsky

Arcane
Zeeland (small islands in the independent dutchy of Flanders) and Naumedal are both minor nations on that map. Grab those two + hold on to Sjælland and you're good to go.
Zeeland is part of Lotharingia (but was still possible to conquer). And I don't have CB for Naumedal. Well, it's 89 now, soon I will be able to Subjugate Sweden, so I'm pretty close now.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Ever noticed how your Vikings never get the measles? Pdox forgot to update the startdate for diseases for The Old Gods. Meaning diseases only make it back into the game after a few 100 years. :lol: I suddenly realised I was missing all those little plague icons in my latest game...

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
This brings up another point. How do the mercenaries work under the earlier bookmark date? Setting the start date back causes mercenaries to grow by the time the normal game would start to ridiculous levels, so how is it handled in a bookmark that happens before a start date?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ch-the-new-startdate.&p=15648140#post15648140

Paradox really needs to work on its customer relations. Report a bug. Get told off cos it's been reported before. Lol and say it's better to have too many reports than too few and get a closed thread, another telling off and a 'warning' point. Fucking twat should be glad people care enough to do QA for them, instead of bitching when a bug is already reported by someone else.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Volunteer moderators on professional forums are a recipe for trouble, but actually hiring moderators would be even worse... for profits. ;)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ever noticed how your Vikings never get the measles? Pdox forgot to update the startdate for diseases for The Old Gods. Meaning diseases only make it back into the game after a few 100 years. :lol: I suddenly realised I was missing all those little plague icons in my latest game...

Taluntain died of Pneumonia 45 years after the start date. :(

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does this game still end in 1376? Because I'm in 1350 right now, and finally doing okay. Would be a shame if I only had ~25 years left.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, good. Thanks.

I finally managed to win a war against the Holy Roman Empire. I totally kicked their ass barely managed a victory one month before my mercenaries bankrupted me, but Kulm is mine. Around 100 000 soldiers were killed over 5 years of the war, and now the empire is falling apart and losing land to an Aztec invasion from the west. Actually, the whole christian world may have been doomed by my actions.

Oh well.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah I'm burned out. Once you get the ball rolling in Old Gods, you should never, ever stop. Never dismiss your mercs and keep conquering. Break a truce if you have to, so you can swallow up half of the Pagan territory or something. Seeing Georgians just blob up after beating Cumanians is pretty sick. Nothing can stop Georgians in that territory if they have the right merc count - take all of the weak russian states - use the manpower, convert them to 3k skirmish retinue and conquer western europe or take on middle east.

I basically parked my 20 Diplomacy chancellor at Constantinople from the start to pacify the Byzantines and it's working out so well.

baturinsky

Arcane
I never break truces. Instead, I just declare on other country. Or declare on 15 countries at once:
iGLLrSYh62vFW.jpg

One fleet with skirmish retinue, one with levies. Skirmishers take castles, levies bust stacks.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
That's early game. Try 990 AD when you own all of Byzantine and Russia.
And all you had to bully are Mid-east Muslims or dying Western Kingdoms.

baturinsky

Arcane
I never actually got that far. Dunno what will happen, if Zztecs arrive and find only one state in Europe left.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Tremendous incline has been brought to the world:

Gd5WtTC.jpg

(Dynasty view, but handily shows the empire of Finns)

EDIT: Also, the new patch fixed Muslims. The Decadence events now fire properly, and the Abbasids are starting to fragment at a fast rate. Due to this, I decided to attack and capture Shield Wall for myself, AKA Georgia. The sandworms are going to stay out now. Incidentally, the Persians in Khiva are Nestorians but Muslims have never attacked them.

you've left my beloved northern england free?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom