Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
In my experience BE is probably the most super-stable empire out of them all, and almost never has negative relations with its vassals (even kings). I do look forward to the new changes on that front as well.

Tytus

Arcane
In my experience BE is probably the most super-stable empire out of them all, and almost never has negative relations with its vassals (even kings). I do look forward to the new changes on that front as well.

Can we trade game versions or something?

Vaarna_Aarne

Can we trade game versions or something?
Probably just down to luck I guess, or something in that manner. It's kinda like I've never seen hordes NOT snowball if I don't personally crush them whenever they start a war. Similarly, if I don't personally assassinate Karlings until the cows come home, those assholes will hold every kingdom title in Christian Europe sans BE which might get a swapped ruling dynasty IF the Basileus capitulates instead of fighting a revolt (never seen BE lose a revolt unless I personally poach all their armies myself for a couple of years).

Brinko

Arcane
Is there a way to make nicknames for characters who are the Caliph appear? Is it in some decision file or is it a glitch?

Self-Ejected

Yuri Gagarin

Self-Ejected
2014-08-28 at 19:00cest - Crusader Kings 2 Charlemagne Gameplay Premiere

Tomorrow (the 28th of August) we'll be showing the next expansion for Crusader Kings 2; ''Charlemagne'' for the first time in a live environment.
Much excitement will be had as we go on a long journey trying to form the Holy Roman Empire.

When?

At 19:00cest, (That's Stockholm time)

Where?

http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive (Be sure to follow the channel to know exactly when we go live.)

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Still no schism mechanichs.

Instead we'll have...

VbL4gBP.jpg

Praise the Zun?

Brinko

Arcane
Grabbed this from a post off of reddit that sums up most of what was shown.
New start era picker

no pick custom date? There is a 'Custom Game Setup' button tho.

'In Hiding' looks neat + more death to assassination plots

Tribal Holding:

• Call vassal to war like allies, no levies.
  • One holding per province, maybe build temple
  • Become Feudal or Republic
  • Use prestige instead of money
No schism? Maybe

New religion in afghan - Zunist

Might go back further in another DLC, but don't count on it. Nothing mentioned about going later.

Culture splitting? Frank -> French

Regency events and actions

Form new Empire Decision.

Decadence improvements.

Weather affects war.

Vassal Limit.

Centralization - Larger Domain vs More Vassals

Legalism only unlocks laws

Elective Gavelkind - Everyone votes

More gender laws? No

New UI in future update is possible.

Cedet Branch? No, but on to do list.

Customization Kingdoms

No china expansion

Chronicles! Collection of interesting things. Export Chronicle.

Free Stuff:

• Tribal System
  • Decadence
  • Snow
  • Elective Gavelkind

Vaarna_Aarne

Excellent that they've got Cadet Branches on to-do list. That should finally get that Karling shit under control.

Bradylama

Arcane
I like the changes to laws and demesne/vassal limits. I take it decentralization allows for more vassals?

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
I was bummed that there didn't seem to be Sogdians or Uyghurs on the map. I know the beta ToG map changed drastically after they streamed it, this clearly needs some more time in the oven, but I doubt the eastern portion of the map will get too much attention, which sucks because it was really interesting in this era.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Picked this up for 4 bucks. Should I bother with any of the DLC?
I've been having a great time with just The Old Gods. To me, it seemed the most important due to the earlier start dates.

Legacy of Rome - additional Byzantine Empire mechanics and introduction of retinues
The Sword of Islam - play as Muslim ruler
Sunset Invasion - fight off Aztec invasion in Western Europe to make the endgame more challenging; an analogue to Mongols
The Republic - play as a merchant republic
The Old Gods - play as pagan ruler and earlier start date
Sons of Abraham - adds depth to the three Abrahamic faiths: Judaism, Christinaity and Islam
Rajas of India - play as Indian ruler

Personally, I've had satisfying games playing as Poland, England, Navarre, Brittany, and Bulgaria. I might get Legacy of Rome and Sons of Abraham after I finish my current playthrough. I still want to try playing as a Russian duke, Scottish count, Swedish chief, Byzantine emperor and German count, so I won't be needing the other expansions anytime soon.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No, not for the moment at least. Start with any catholic character and enjoy, replay as many times as you want with the available catholics, but if you will want some change and play someone different, then you'll have to buy appropriate DLC. Core content of the vanilla (that is, catholics) is fully included, patched and done, none of the expansions will extend it.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
No, not for the moment at least. Start with any catholic character and enjoy, replay as many times as you want with the available catholics, but if you will want some change and play someone different, then you'll have to buy appropriate DLC. Core content of the vanilla (that is, catholics) is fully included, patched and done, none of the expansions will extend it.

Sons of Abraham makes changes to Catholicism. For the most part though, you're right.

If you have to choose one, Endemic, choose Old Gods. The early start date is cool and you get a lot of new people and religions (Though the Pagan ones are very similar) to play as. Zorastrians are made playable as well, if you want a challenge. Plus it adds tasteful rape as a game mechanic, Codex approved.

I'd avoid Sunset Invasion. It's just...really silly and out of place.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Really disappointing announcement so far; the game needs more depth not another start date map permutation.
Tribal holdings sound like a cool idea, I hope (probably in vain) that they'll update every start date with them where appropriate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom