Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Garm

Learned
So, when are we going to multiplay this new expansion?

I'd be up for it...but I probably won't be able too due to working every weekend :(

Luzur

Good Sir
Well, it'll probably be pretty cheap though, and some of the new features will probably be good for modding. But yea, fuck focusing an expansion on Byzantium. I'll probably even have to dig up my old nerf-bat (seeing how it seems I'll just have to tough it out and patch my mod with this expansion, since they haven't patched Sword of Andhaira's roflpwning Muslim invasion of Europe yet).

hey Vaarna, since you are the event coder extravagance i was wondering about this idea i had for an event, a "Heir is taken by foreign agents and now you are forced to either declare war, pay a huge amount of cash or cede the province the enemy desires to get him back." kind of event.
That is going to require a very large chain of events, but I think it can be done. Question would be what triggers kidnapping in the first place. Personally I think it'd be better to tie this with the heir having a Guardian who hates you first, or being taken as a prisoner of war (then fired by decision).

well, if you are at war, the enemy could send in spies to catch your heir and force you to either give up the war in their favor or ransom for him/her, something like that.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm guessing this means people who do not own the DLC will get the features if they play Multiplayer with someone who does.

Looks like if you don't have the DLC you don't get to play:

Also, from now on in multiplayer mode, the host will control which DLCs are active.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm guessing this means people who do not own the DLC will get the features if they play Multiplayer with someone who does.

Looks like if you don't have the DLC you don't get to play:

Also, from now on in multiplayer mode, the host will control which DLCs are active.
Nah, it's been confirmed by the devs that the host can have DLC you don't have, yet give you the functionality of the host's DLC.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Has anybody played CK2 multiplayer and how does it fare to other Paradox titles if so? I remember HoI3 and EU3 had a host of OOS issues and other stuff. Also how does MP play in general(is it balanced, exploitable, etc.-as much as any paradox game can be). Also, how much does Sword of Islam change the gameplay, or is it mainly to Larp muslims countries. Thanks in advance.

XenomorphII

Prophet
Has anybody played CK2 multiplayer and how does it fare to other Paradox titles if so? I remember HoI3 and EU3 had a host of OOS issues and other stuff. Also how does MP play in general(is it balanced, exploitable, etc.-as much as any paradox game can be). Also, how much does Sword of Islam change the gameplay, or is it mainly to Larp muslims countries. Thanks in advance.

I have played one afternoon of multiplayer and I liked it. We didn't have issues once we got underway (I think the main problem we had and rule we made is everybody go for a different dynasty) and I really enjoyed it (we were all members of the Byzantine Empire, split between east and west, competing and helping each other).

SoI lets you play as the Muslims with all the changes that are made to them. All the rest of the gameplay changes (I think) come in the content patch. It is worth it though if you think you might want to play as a Muslim ruler. The Muslim countries play quite differently to the Christians. I find it fun every so often, but there are problems (the best thing to do is maintain a single direct family tree, and imprison/banish all brothers to keep decadence down, and the only way to expand as Muslims is through war, no inheritances).

PorkaMorka

Arcane
It's nice to see that the new mini-expansion is only 5 bucks, not 10 bucks. And the patch supposedly has major performance increases included.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Oh right. New patch and DLC out today.

CDS is trying to organise a MP game for the weekend. Only the host needs to have the DLC installed. I might make a separate thread to organise.
I'm in. haven't played in a while though. is the raghead dlc required?

XenomorphII

Prophet
Oh right. New patch and DLC out today.

CDS is trying to organise a MP game for the weekend. Only the host needs to have the DLC installed. I might make a separate thread to organise.
I'm in. haven't played in a while though. is the raghead dlc required?

Nope. Whoever hosts determines what DLCs are used. So if someone hosts with all dlc, then everyone could play Muslims even if nobody else had the SoI dlc. At least I think that is how it is supposed to work.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
It's too bad the MP save game bug is really persistent and somewhat game-ruining. I hope this patch fixes that shit. Ruined the MP experience for me and some bros recently. Kinda hard to get into the flow of a game like CK2 if people can't transfer saves without crashing, or even changing menus/reloading without crashing.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
It's too bad the MP save game bug is really persistent and somewhat game-ruining. I hope this patch fixes that shit. Ruined the MP experience for me and some bros recently. Kinda hard to get into the flow of a game like CK2 if people can't transfer saves without crashing, or even changing menus/reloading without crashing.
Apparently you're now supposed to be able to transfer save files through the game.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Apparently you're now supposed to be able to transfer save files through the game.

that would be amazing!

newcomer

Learned
I'm curious whether pirated (fully patched + DLC) version can join MP; is it possible?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Updated my Memento Mori mod to work with the 1.07 patch and the latest batch of DLC.

http://www.mediafire.com/?stote70360e3t5c

Memento Mori for CKII 1.07

Memento Mori is a mod born out of a simple ambition. To bring back a little bit of the uncertainty and excitement that came with managing a dynasty in the original Crusader Kings with the excellent DVIP mod. While Crusader Kings II is in almost every aspect an improvement on the original game, Paradox has drastically lowered the difficulties and dangers that your characters run into during their life in the middle ages. Diseases back then were deadly, medical care was more apt to kill you than heal you, giving birth was like playing Russian roulette and violence maimed and killed as often as it gave prestige. This mod attempts to emulate the hardships that people endured in those times. Mind you, this is not made to make life for your nobles impossible or the game a whole lot more difficult. This is designed to make you stop taking easy births, chosen heirs, easy sickbeds and long lifespans for granted and to make you be a lot more invested in the succession of your lineage. In short, to make the Medieval Dynasty Simulator part of this amazing game a little more exciting. Hope you enjoy it!

Diseases are more virulent and deadly.
Wounds are more serious.
Battles have become slightly more dangerous for the participants.
More prestige gained for participants in battle.
Traveling over sea has become a bit more like the dangerous endeavor it used to be.
Assassination attempts have more serious consequences.
Sieges may lead to buildings being destroyed.
Children may now be stillborn and mothers can die while giving birth.

Many thanks to Wiz, Vaarne Aarne, apg, fawr, avee, GAGA extrem, rafek, the_chancellor and all those other people whom I bothered with endless questions and from whose mods I both learned and burrowed. This thing wouldn't exist without you!

Install instructions: unrar the contents of the rar file into your mod directory.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I guess after I've checked out how the new DLC works, I'll make an updated version of my Finno-Ugric/generic pagan mod. Mostly this means just tweaking starting provinces (again) to be historically accurate, a good example is that Russian eastern border includes provinces that were not under Russian control until up to 200 years after Grand Campaign start, and porting over my revised names, titles and dynasties, plus the neat Raid CB and hard-to-acquire (for non-Lithuanians) Pagan Unification CB (too bad the AI Lithuanians never do this). Besides that, just got to add some new events I've outlined before.

Incidentally, anyone know what determines the coat of arms/title name change that Muslims and Christians have? This is so I could handle some of the larger Eastern tribes better by making the titular title an actual title, so they don't just remove their tribal title like they presently tend to do.

Also, I'm stealing your building destruction event, Trash.

Incidentally, are you using Extend commands in the mod folder and don't have a separate moddir, Trash? Just checking if your mod can be made easily compatible with other mods (hell, I would even add "compatible with Memento Mori" to my mod description if that turns out to be the case, and make sure it is).

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Do check if that building destruction event actually works though. Had quite some problems with it. Think it does what it should do now, though I'm not 100% sure as I've not yet seen it from this version in actual gameplay. Memento Mori isn't tailored towards being easily compatible, I'm afraid. Mostly because I didn't figure it out before when I did spend a shitload of time on it.

Anyway, patch and dlc. New faction system is a good way to make internal politics that little bit more interesting and hairy. Plus now monarchs won't be as easily able to raise crown authority. I like it. Game seems to run a lot smoother now. Retinues remind me of Sengoku. Gives a whole lot of power to bigger rulers. Will have to see how it plays out. With LoR came a few portrait, music and unit graphics dlc's. They're nice additions, though ofcourse they should've simply been part of the LoR expansion. Zooming out now scales the coats of arms of armies so you can keep easier track of them. Again, I like. New Byzantine flavoured events and such are enjoyable. Myriad of smaller changes that so far seem to work. Still missing stillbirth and more plots and ambitions.

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
My progress in Legacy of Rome so far:

My Character, Doux Isaias Skythos of Cherson, madman and brilliant commander, married an Arpad lady, with whom he would later have a genius son. One of the first things I did was to conquer the ruskie owned county to the east me on the Crimean peninsula. At this point, that Russian count had another county left, which was also a de jure part of Cherson. Not wanting to wait ten years for the treaty to end before taking that county, I started a plot the whack him. This plot was successful, thanks to the counts wife and spymistress, who happened to be my sister-in-law. After the count died in a snake related accident, I declared war on his son, and quickly took his land. Later on, my Arpad wife died of an illness. Just before posting this, I married her sister, the one who help me whack her husband, the one who's son I had just relieved of his holdings.
:martini:
(If any Hungarian Turanists are reading this, my characters name and taste in women in no way supports any belief you may have that you are a descendant of the Scythians. If this fact irritates you, I suggest you take a fishing trip with Vaarna as a way to relieve your stress.)

EDIT: I didn't actually take my new stepson's land, I just forced him to be my vassal. I am planning to take his land at some point thought.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom