Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Classic D&D/AD&D/OSR Art

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
1690495916421.png

1690496077466.png

1690496254305.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
No-one really remembers it, since that particular artwork appeared only in the original version of module B3 Palace of the Silver Princess that was recalled and pulped by the order of TSR management, with only a handful of copies surviving. :M

PapaPetro

This one is so iconic. Trampier's style was so distinctive and the simplistic yet brilliant way he pulls this one off is great.

Note the use of absence of ink, particularly at the insect's eyes.
Truly awesome
Reminds me of one of my all time favs:

[infernal conga line leading to a Holy Blender intensifies]

Such a badass scene that fleshes out the cover:

Great book btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

PapaPetro

Anyone know which book this one's from?
Found it in one of my old folders.

uwNUfRX.png

Looks like one maybe one of those Kara-Tur books based on the adventuring party there.

Alex

Arcane
Anyone know which book this one's from?
Found it in one of my old folders.

uwNUfRX.png

Looks like one maybe one of those Kara-Tur books based on the adventuring party there.
Kuro-nyūdō (Umibōzu) from the Kii zōtan-shū, circa 1850. :M

日本語: 『奇異雑談集』より、黒入道(海坊主)

Man, that is some really old school stuff. How does it compare to D&D, though?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom