Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cleve Blakemore Foams At The Mouth

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Ever been to spain? Seen what they do to animals with their religious holidays? Damn, I'm not even talking about the bull fighting. Ever seen the bio industry in the Netherlands, how they stack chickens with so many in a cage that they have to be debeaked so they won't kill each other? Ever been in a european slaughterhouse where the animals first are transported to in a cramped lorry often being wounded and even dying and then beaten and kicked out of the lorry to the butcher? Humans are assholes to each other and everything around them. Some cultures are worse to animals but even in the most civilised countries there is a shitload of terrible practices to be found. That is what's fucking reprehensible.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Oh I definitely think that's reprehensible, Trash - but the difference is that it isn't done openly and people do often protest about the poor treatment of livestock. Not so in the Phillipines, where it's encouraged, because it's a part of their 'culture'.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Yup, but the same can be said about many other cultures. In Spain they toss living goats of a big building during one of their many holidays, it's a cultural thing. In the Netherlands we used to string a goose up and hit it with a lance during a jousting competition, it's considered a cultural thing. The list goes on and on, but these are just two things I've witnessed myself. Humans are shit, some cultures are more shit than others but in the end....it's all human. It's like that old pot and kettle thingie.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I do.

There's a difference between condemning a criminal to death, and killing him quick and mercifully by hanging or whatever, but beating him for 20 minutes straight just so you can see him cry and beg for mercy and try to fight back isn't exactly merciful, is it?

Same with animals. If you wanna eat something, kill it and be done with it. There's no need to torture the poor fuck.

There's plenty of difference between killing out of necessity to eat something and torturing something to death so you can imagine that it tastes better. Don't be a sick freak.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
bryce777 said:
Well, either animals have real feelings etc. and maybe you know...SHOULDN'T BE EATEN, or else anything goes. I don't see tons of grey area.

Animals have feelings, but they're also delicious sources of protien and B-12.

But back to the topic.

Cleve has feelings, most likely inadaquecy. Unfortunately, Cleve is high in cholesterol because he's so damned fat.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Well, as much fun as all this has been, I tend to agree. Three topics in the news forum about Cleve "The Gut" Blakehorn, or whatever the hell his last name is, is enough. Anything else the douche wants to do to garner attention would best be an addendum to one of the three threads rather than wasting space on the front page.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Oh well, Corwin has kinda joined in at the Grimoire forums, but mentioning specifically the AoD thread over in RPGDot:
Life is far too short for me to wade through the cesspool of the Codex, but in the last few days, many of their staff and supporters having been posting in a thread at RPGDot. While the thread began as a news item about a game one of their staff was making it has quickly deteriorated into typical codex drivel where everyone insults everyone else. I mention this because both Cleve and to a lesser extent myself get mentioned as well. That certain juvenile, has been frothing along with a few others. To me this is pathetic. One admin from the codex went so far as to berate the Dot for supporting Grimoire because it was being made by Cleve!! "How can you support any game by that @#$%" was the tenor. Good grief, the Dot is a gaming News site!! That's what we do there, report on gaming news and try to support Indie developers like Cleve.

Whilst I realise that us Codex wankers love a good scandal and a bit of a verbal punch-up, what I find interesting is that Corwin totally ignores the fact that it was also RPGDot posters who decided to drag it down into the gutter.
And to think I tried so hard to be reasonable.

Fucking lapdog.

Sarvis

Erudite
bryce777 said:
Well, either animals have real feelings etc. and maybe you know...SHOULDN'T BE EATEN, or else anything goes. I don't see tons of grey area.

On the contrary, the only time you should be killing anything is if you need it for food.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Or if you or a loved one is in personal danger and a good old killing will stop it.

Or your government has brain washed you into doing it.

Or you're a Vietnam vet with post-traumatic stress and the little goblins told you to do it.

Or if you're a flesh eating zombie.

I need to get out more.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Sol Invictus, Exitium, whatever: While I must say I enjoy a good piece of Internet Drama from time to time, it's not news and it would be better to just e-mail him and keep us notified (if you think it's a must-do) about the shit. This is, of course, only if you want to fight an endless fight with this guy who probably'll never agree that he's wrong on pretty much anything he types on his little keyboard.

(Saw a picture of him somewhere. RPGDOT I think. How does he manage to place his big fingers on the keyboard buttons? Mystery!)

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Locue said:
(Saw a picture of him somewhere. RPGDOT I think. How does he manage to place his big fingers on the keyboard buttons? Mystery!)

He just slams his small penis against the keyboard. Incidentally, that's the only action his penis ever sees.

And that one is likely my last contribution to the whole drama piece.

Shevek

Arcane
Sol Invictus said:
I am not 'criticising a culture'. There is no presence of 'culture' in beating an animal senselessly for 20 minutes just so the meat is tender and 'tastes better'. If you want to eat meat, fine, go ahead and chop its head off and eat it, don't beat the shit out of it, laugh, and beat it some more, for the illusion that it might taste better. Any so-called 'culture' that treats its animals, whether they're meant for food or not, worse than criminals, doesn't deserve a sympathy vote..

Animals are treated like crap everywhere (even here - remember the chicken stompin vids, they kicked and tossed them plenty before killing them - not like that matters, really, animals are for eating). Even if through significant comparative cultural analysis you could unearth one culture that slaughtered its animals humanely, I am sure that people of that culture would be no better or worse than folks anywhere else all things considered.

People are people. Though we may be different culturally, I do not buy into this social darwinism that declares that national boundries may make one man's humanity better realized than another's. Its this same sort of rationale that allow us to dismiss entire peoples as mindless fanatics and others helpless slobs. I would argue that that level of cultural insensitivity is really no worse than Cleve there. Whether or not your went down there and saw this for yourself makes no difference (see Orwell's Burmese Days for examples of how the colonizer finds his rationale for cultural superiority in criticizing subject people). If anything, I would recommend turning that anger on Cleve in on itself to examine your own feelings on race.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Role-Player said:
He just slams his small penis against the keyboard. Incidentally, that's the only action his penis ever sees.

And that one is likely my last contribution to the whole drama piece.
:lol:

The incredible fantasies of Cleve...

dipdipdip

Liturgist
Oh, if only this butter-nazi would go away, then we could get back to LARPing.

obediah

Erudite
chaedwards said:
Surely the main question is: is he full of shit?

I don't even know who you're talking about, but in this thread the answer is surely yes.

Saran

Scholar
What a complete and utter dickhead.

While 3 threads is a bit too much, Sol was right to highlight this ignorants fucks p.o.v, especially when you look at the crap he posted over at his own site.

God, he is such a macho man, cowering in his bunker from the NWO. :roll:

And if you really want to play Grimoire (that is if it ever sees the light of day), as Undead Dolphin Hacker said, pirate it, it wont hurt him because afterall, with his superior intellect and his amazing ability to see into the future, he should easily be able to figure out a way to sustain himself and his family while he hides in his little hole in the ground.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom