Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Bloodbowl League

vazha

Arcane
Apologies, started another game on fumbbl. I am afraid we too will have to sort out our match tomorrow

Zanzoken

Arcane
boot I'm sorry for the delay man, does now work for you?

Totally fine if you'd rather wait until tomorrow.

Zanzoken

Arcane
good game boot :salute:

I made several serious errors but managed to catch some lucky dice at the right times

Elf bullshit ftw

vazha

Arcane
boot I'm still waiting for my driver to arrive (I know, posh) and got an hour to play if you're free now

vazha

Arcane
I dont seem to be able to rejoin it, sorry mate boot
Admins, kindly gimme a concession and give boot his well deserved victory. It was inevitable anyway.
As for the first half, in the words of Roxor, I hate this game and should never ever have come back to it. Fucking Rage.

vazha

Arcane
It wasnt about bull being surfed that broke the camels back. Nor the apo helpfully offering to kill him instead of treating him. It was 0 skill elves making 6-7 dodges each turn without having to reroll once until turn 7. And me failing both times I attempted a 2+ gfi. And av 7 acting like av 10, both vs blocks and fouls, and me not scoring at turn 8 with 67 % pickup. Fucking shitshow, that one.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When you attempted to base my Blocker holding the ball I thought I was done for.
That was really poor defending on my part, I could easily have made it much harder for you (not to take anything away from your play, of course). But I'm beginning to see signs that I might be learning from my mistakes, so there's that.
Suffice to say the match was full of sweat to the last turn, because Orcs turned into Green Elves and ALMOST made a string or ridiculously high rolls to score 2 turns touchdown on me.
It was a mirror of the end of the first half, really, only with more luck. I'm certainly not going to be putting my entire team on my own goal line again any time soon :D
Also, I think Strange Fellow didn't use his Bribe at all (I don't recall him fouling me either)?
I forget, I forget again.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm ready for you bionicman

7aEeHR.jpg

bionicman

Liturgist
A close game, Darth Roxor got diced, otherwise would've won. A few injured on both sides, one catcher dead.

Well played, Darth Roxor, I hope you're not forever jaded about blood bowl and decide to give it another go one day.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The question of which human is the most manly remains unresolved as the norse vs human match ends 1:1.

It's probably the most fair result that could have been given that I lost the first drive per my own wish due to massive, unacceptable, idiotic derp in two crucial turns. Then the second I kept struggling against the dice in just about every turn but somehow still managed to score.

Bionicman had 2 more turns left for a 2-turn-td, but alas, humans are not elves, even if they try.

GG

Zanzoken

Arcane
So it looks like the match between Lagole Gon and Jaedar is the last scheduled match of the Codexia Grand Open (tm).

Since you guys are the top two teams in the league anyway, do you just want to consider this to be the tournament final?

Also bionicman and I have a match to play in the side league which will bring it to a close. I'm enjoying Codex BB and am interested in continuing, so wanted to get a gauge of who else is down to keep playing, along with preferred formats.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This week has been pretty shitty, saturday? I'd prefer 14:00 but can do whenever.

Since you guys are the top two teams in the league anyway, do you just want to consider this to be the tournament final?
I would like this, playing two games in a row with the same teams seems degenerate, and it looks like we are the undisputed finalists regardless of the outcome of the first match.

Also it would mean we can go into a season 2 with minimal disruption.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm enjoying Codex BB and am interested in continuing, so wanted to get a gauge of who else is down to keep playing, along with preferred formats.
Yeah I guess, but I have dibs on bailing if there's an odd number of applicants. In terms of format, we could just do another league, with any fresh team or team from this season allowed in?

Zanzoken

Arcane
Depends on the settings, I guess? I think there might be a proper final match after that?

I have admin rights over the competition & league and I don't see anywhere that it's mandated. I think the final was just going to be a house rule / friendly between the top two teams so we could crown a proper, undisputed champion. But since the league is ending with a match between the top two teams anyway then it seems fitting to just call that the final and be done with it.

Up to you guys, boot correct me if I'm wrong and there is a final match requirement hidden somewhere in the settings.

Harthwain

Magister
I'm enjoying Codex BB and am interested in continuing, so wanted to get a gauge of who else is down to keep playing, along with preferred formats.
I am all for continuing, although I'd suggest 10-12 matches in a league for the next season.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Lagole Gon I think you need to make it not mysterious because it's not like we can play unless we know. It would not be sporting to change the rules in the middle after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom