Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Codex Bloodbowl League

bionicman

Liturgist
It was a messy and muddy game, lots of KO'd humies, one injured greenskin. Typical orcs vs humans match.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nuffle cursed bionicman with the second half kickoff from hell. Not beating me is still bad, and he should feel bad, considering that for the third time this tourno I forgot what the objective of the game is. GG

No, in all seriousness, I had fun, and thanks for the game. I find that the times that I have the most fun with BB are those when both teams are scrambling (because then the "rules" that I keep forgetting go out the window a little bit), and there was a lot of that in the second half.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
it would appear bionicman still has a shot at the final, provided he wins against me

now accepting bribes from any of the three interested parties

intro-1591979307.jpg

bionicman

Liturgist
Since this was the last match of the round, I've decided to just confirm it there and start the next one:

ROUND 7 of the REAL Codexia Grand Open

People with clothes vs. people without clothes

Emo elves (Jaedar) vs. emo dwarves (Lagole Gon)

Knights of the rhomb table (Harthwain) vs. the big green smurfs (Strange Fellow)

Tough elves (Zanzoken) vs. fragile elves (boot)

Darth Roxor, our teams shall clash on Thursday 19:00 UTC+2/CEST. There will be lots of blood and snake eyes.
If you can't play at that time, suggest when you'd like to play. I'd rather not play tomorrow since I've already arranged to play vs. boot and playing two games in one day can be tedious.

Zanzoken

Arcane
vazha and I played to a 1-1 draw in our Fourway Fingerbang side league match

my Dark Elves ran wild in the first half with help from a lot of good dice, and managed to KO three of his squishy hobgoblins

then the tables drastically turned in the second half, as the Chorfs punched and fouled until we were ground into dust
one of my Lino's has gone on to join Nuffle's eternal Blood Bowl game in the sky, and earned a posthumous MVP in the process :argh:

but save for a couple of bonehead moves I think I played much better this game

Zanzoken

Arcane
question for you Blood Bowl savants

due to the aforementioned death I only have 10 players on my team, along with 80k in my treasury

can I wait to replace the dead player until after next game, where hopefully I'll have enough money to buy either a 4th blitzer or 2nd witch?

vazha

Arcane
Dont spend the money yet - you can get by just fine with a loner if another lino to make it to 11 men is your maximum atm.

As for the match, yeah, it was a game of two halves, got completely outplayed in defense, and being fearful of two turn touchdowns, made sure I'd score on turn 8. Very reminiscent of earlier game with vamps. I am boring like that, what can I do.

Harthwain

Magister
can I wait to replace the dead player until after next game, where hopefully I'll have enough money to buy either a 4th blitzer or 2nd witch?
Saving for a 4th Blitzer is better deal than replacing a dead Linelf in my opinion. It should also bring you back to full team too.

Zanzoken

Arcane
boot let me know when you're available to play our main league match

not sure where you live but I am usually available afternoons / evenings US time which translates to evenings / late night Euro time

Harthwain

Magister
Scored. I see this as an absolute win :happytrollboy:
Indeed. I tied and I count this as a win, considering how the first half went.

The match started with Dirty Player dead on the first hit and one Blocker KOed on the first or the second turn, leaving me with 9 players right at the start of the first half. Orcs rolled POWs or Defender Stumbles mostly (or Both Down, then they had Block and my guys didn't). I rolled 1s on almost everything that mattered when I tried to take relatively minor risks to gain an edge. The result was that I wasn't able to do much of anything. The only upside was no deaths or injuries outside of the first death.

The second half went a bit better. I mean, I was still rolling 1s when doing my Dauntless rolls and Orcs still managed to land mostly POWs and Defender Stumbles, but finally Strange Fellow started to roll less than ideal and I stopped rolling only bad results.

I managed to get Blitzer with a ball away from majority of both teams. A desperate struggle for the ball ensued, but I managed to score on my 15th turn. Suffice to say the match was full of sweat to the last turn, because Orcs turned into Green Elves and ALMOST made a string or ridiculously high rolls to score 2 turns touchdown on me.

I think it was 4+ into 3+ into 2+ into 5+ and they "only" had to make 4+ into 3+ into 2+ into 2+. Without re-rolls. And that's AFTER I dodged out two Peasants and put them next to the ball, to make pickup attempt impossible for them (good use of the scatter mechanic reduced it to a single tackle zone).

I lost a Blocker at some point in the second half. And by "lost" I mean "dead". That's not a problem, because I have the money to buy a replacement. Also, I think Strange Fellow didn't use his Bribe at all (I don't recall him fouling me either)?

GG Harthwain, the dice were not kind to you this eve
To be frank, they were kind enough to let me tie and do not murder my whole team in the process, so I am thankful at least for that. When you attempted to base my Blocker holding the ball I thought I was done for. The next moment of doubt was when you managed to re-roll D1 Skull into Defender Stumbles. And when you started making all these high rolls on your last turn.

boot

Prophet

not sure where you live but I am usually available afternoons / evenings US time which translates to evenings / late night Euro time

I'd say whatever is best for you cause I'm free most of the time. We could play now if you want, or tomorrow around this time I guess.

boot We have a leader amongst our ranks it seems, congrats! When do we play?

When you're free , hopefully won't overlap with Zanzoken's game

Zanzoken

Arcane

I'd say whatever is best for you cause I'm free most of the time. We could play now if you want, or tomorrow around this time I guess.

I can play like an hour from now, if that works? If not then tomorrow night is fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom