Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex = malware

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just wanted to check the gifs thread and my browser told me he blocked access due to it being an attacking website.

Seems someone posted something bad in there.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
K. Weird. Maybe some butthurt person denounced the Codex or something.

Or the term attacking doesn't refer to viruses or anything but to the 'dex attacking one's sanity.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
i got a google warning

fuck da police

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
CODEX IS MALWARE

According to Chrome, at any rate. Happens everywhere, except for the science forum.

Angthoron

Arcane
Getting "Reported as Attack Site" as well, clicking for details gives zero reason for it, however.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The entire site seems to be corrupted at this point.

You know there's only one solution for this:

2152663_o.gif

The message I got told me some 1 person has reported the codex or some such.

Using Chrome and it wouldn't let me in unless I spam "I continue on my own responsibility".

Mikä on sivuston rpgcodex.net tila on tällä hetkellä?
Sivusto on merkitty epäilyttäväksi, ja verkkosivustossa käynti saattaa vahingoittaa tietokonettasi.

Sivuston osasta ilmoitettiin epäilyttävän toiminnan takia 1 kertaa viimeisten 90 päivän aikana.

Erm ofc I have a Finnish browser. That part says the codex has been tagged untrustworthy and visiting it may damage my computer (lol). It has been reported for suspicios activities once in 90 days.

Mitä tapahtui, kun Google kävi sivustossa?
Viimeisten 90 päivän aikana sivustossa testaamistamme 231 sivusta 1 sivulta ladattiin ja asennettiin haittaohjelmia ilman käyttäjän lupaa. Google kävi sivustossa viimeksi 2012-12-30 ja sivustosta löydettiin epäilyttävää sisältöä viimeksi 2012-12-30.
Tätä sivustoa ylläpidettiin 4 verkossa, esimerkiksi AS19066 (WIREDTREE), AS13335 (CLOUDFLARENET), AS21844 (THEPLANET) -verkoissa.

On the last 90 days out of 231 pages tested on the site from 1 was downloaded malware without the users permission. Google visited the site last 2012-12-30 and on that date they found suspicious content. K?

Onko tämä sivusto toiminut välittäjänä, joka on jaellut haittaohjelmia eteenpäin?
rpgcodex.net ei näytä toimineen välittäjänä sivustojen tartuttamisessa viimeisten 90 päivän aikana.

Onko tässä sivustossa ylläpidetty haittaohjelmia?
Ei. Tässä sivustossa ei ole ylläpidetty haittaohjelmia viimeisten 90 päivän aikana.

Mistä tämä johtuu?
Joissakin tapauksissa kolmannet osapuolet voivat lisätä haittaohjelman koodia laillisiin sivustoihin, jolloin näytämme varoitusviestin.

Basically the codex doesn't provide you with your malware but possibly a third party (?).

Monty

Arcane
Perhaps Fretrider was angry at his threads being retardoed and complained to the 'authoritahs'.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It might be an ad or something that causes the warning?

It's gone for me now.

Kayerts

Arcane
Bros, if you check the problem report page posted earlier, it says:

Of the 231 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-30.

It wasn't a disgruntled user complaining to the authorities. It was detected automatically.

The problem appears to be originating with a malicious ad banner hosted on sorcerers.net, according to a second problem report:

Of the 692 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-30.
Malicious software includes 24 trojan(s), 1 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 8 new process(es) on the target machine.
Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including izumishop.com/.
2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including buildmediapc.com/,adexcite.com/.
Paging DarkUnderlord.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom