Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Codex Mod

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Bester, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Bester ⚰️☠️⚱️ Patron Vatnik

Bester
    RPGCodex Mod

This mod adds:
    - a few things to the user's cards
    [​IMG]

- an options menu in the bottom right corner of the page that that pops out when you need it (otherwise it'll be collapsed)
    [​IMG]

The mod allows you to:
    • Ignore users
      Useful to ignore Crispy or some other mod, who are unignorable through forum engine.
      Or you can just ignore people without giving them the pleasure of seeing their name on your forum ignore list.
      If they make a post in a thread, you will see an alert by "Ignored Member", so as to not lose your thread subscriptions.

• Colorize users nicknames (click the circle near the nickname)
      To reset, select the white color.
      Will work everywhere on the forum, except in the Shoutbox.

• Leave personal notes about users in their member's cards
      This info is stored in the storage tab of the Tampermonkey script, in case you want to back it up or transfer between PCs.

[ Before : After ]

• OPTIONAL: Improve CSS readability of main page articles
      It imitates the Medium font and style, which is very easy to read. [ Before : After ]

• OPTIONAL: Remove some of the buttons under posts
      If you're not using all the buttons they gave you, you can remove some. You'll still see them as ratings.
      To remove the buttons, list their names, separated by two commas. Don't forget to check the checkbox.
      For the entire list of buttons:
      Show Spoiler

Code:
      Button,,Participation Award,,Acknowledge this user's Agenda,,hopw roewur ne,,Brofist,,gimme dem dolla bills,,nice,,thumbs down,,Up Yours,,Cheers!!,,Funny,,not sure if serious,,How about this as a button,,feels good man,,rolleyes,,Agree,,Disagree,,It's a matter of time,,incline,,decline,,Edgy,,meh,,FAKE NEWS,,cool story bro,,I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it,,Whatever shit you posted didn't load,,consume product,,Yes,,No,,STOP! posting,,Rage,,sad,,Despair,,Thanks!,,Prestigious,,Salute,,Makes you think...,,Interesting,,Informative,,[citation needed],,Friendly,,Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it,,Bro, do you even lift?,,How DARE you!??,,When words are not enough,,Okily Dokily!,,Useful,,Peaceful protest,,Slam dunk!,,Fabulously Optimistic,,Creative,,Artistic,,butthurt,,Racist,,Absolutely Haram,,Deus Vult,,+20 Social Credit,,"It was Aliens",,sheeple,,Someone has issues,,NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself,,cuck,,it is a mystery,,Old,,/facepalm/,,honk honk!,,M'lady,,Bad Spelling,,WTF am I reading,,Nuke it from orbit,,Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite,,retadred,,Shit,,quality shit,,Slurp this person's delicious asshole,,Heresy,,Equip the Ring,,Begone thot!,,Excited!,,(autism),,Doggy,,Kitty,,what?,,Hoo,,That's an Elephant,,popamole,,Balanced,,PIRACY IS WRONG,,Disgusting!,,:M

• OPTIONAL: Completely remove all ratings and buttons under posts
      Supersedes the removal of buttons and removes EVERYTHING.
    Installation

1. Install Tampermonkey
    2. Install the mod: https://github.com/BesterCode/CodexMod/raw/main/RPGCodexMod.user.js
    Read the code first, if you want to: https://github.com/BesterCode/CodexMod/blob/main/RPGCodexMod.user.js

3. Refresh any Codex page, go to the bottom of the screen and set your preferred options in the menu.

P.S. Tampermonkey comes with an annoying red icon. To turn it off, go to Settings -> set Config Mode to Advanced -> set Icon Badge Info to disabled.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    • Brofist x 7
    • (autism) x 5
    • nice x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Artistic x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Alt Panda Arbiter

Alt Panda
    That's a lot of work just to point out that you ignore Crispy.

• Funny Funny x 18
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. NJClaw OoOoOoOoOoh Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    • Funny x 8
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • It's a matter of time x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Thac0 Time Mage Patron

Thac0
    Well, I have literally just been wondering how I can curate my button list to be as short as mondblut 's.
    Willing to share your secrets Mondblut, or do I have to download Tampermonkey anyway? Icon really is ugly.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Bester ⚰️☠️⚱️ Patron Vatnik

Bester
    I have some free time on my hands, since I'm early retired. Unlike wagie Infinitron who gets shit at his day job and compensates by power tripping on the forum, I actually do good things and don't ever ask for anything in return. Something to think about.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • feels good man feels good man x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Bester ⚰️☠️⚱️ Patron Vatnik

Bester
    I think he just blocks some images. But not all of them are blockable, like he said himself. Some icons come from a sprite sheet, and you either block the entire sheet with a dozen icons or you don't.
    Also, once he blocks them, I'm not sure he can even see those icons as ratings.

^ Top  
  7. Alt Panda Arbiter

Alt Panda
    Ok that persuaded me. Bester for admin!!!

• It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 1
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Thac0 Time Mage Patron

Thac0
    I wouldn't have too much of a problem with that, as long as I cut the list down to just one row of available buttons. The problem is when I tried it with Ublock Origin I blocked the image file for the entire forum, and so if others gave the rating only the text was there, not the button.
    So his solution would be usefull to me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. fork Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

fork
    TL,DR.

I just want to reiterate how important it would be for the future of the Codex to get rid of Crispy and Infinitron. They suck fucking balls. Replace Infinitron with Saint_Proverbius and Crispy with JarlFrank and we're all set.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Adblock.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Does it actually work for anybody? Installed and see no changes. What buttom at the bottom right? I need a quest compass.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Bester ⚰️☠️⚱️ Patron Vatnik

Bester
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. mondblut Arcane

mondblut
    Not having any. Not even in incognito mode (w/tampermonkey enabled) w/o adblock and umatrix messing with it.

ed: NVM, for some reason rpgcodex was in tampermonkey blacklist.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Gandalf Learned

Gandalf
    Are there any total conversion mods for codex?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    RPGWatch.

• Funny x 14
    • incline x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Bumvelcrow Bellator Sempervirens Patron Dumbfuck

Bumvelcrow
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Add crowdsourced user notes and you might be in business. Otherwise it just seems like a lot of effort.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. OP needs to get a job and a real sex life.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Will this mod still work when we eventually move to the next version of XenForo?

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • How about this as a button How about this as a button x 1
    • No No x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. lukaszek the determinator Patron

lukaszek
    it can start glitching once any changes are made to html doc. For example when DU is implementing his next joke

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Bester ⚰️☠️⚱️ Patron Vatnik

Bester
    Certainly not out of the box and I won't promise that I'll adapt it for the three and a half people that will use it. But the notes are kept in JSON, which is a format easily viewable in online viewers and can be turned into anything else with a small script. If the day comes we migrate, I won't mind writing a script to extract those notes into a file structure if I decide not to adapt the mod.

In the meantime, extracting the info can be done like this for example.
    I take my storage as it is right now:
    Code:
    {
        "codex_data": "{\"ignoredUserIds\":[\"9151\"],\"ignoredUserNames\":[\"Crispy\"],\"savedTxtIds\":[\"26797\",\"28745\"],\"savedTxtTexts\":[\"Is actually old and had a decent sex life.\",\"Hates Infinitron and Crispy.\"],\"userColorIds\":[\"18768\"],\"userColorValues\":[\"#d7e6fd\"],\"optionRemoveRatings\":true,\"optionImproveCss\":true,\"optionRemoveButtons\":false,\"optionWhichButtons\":\"\"}"
    }

I paste it here https://www.freeformatter.com/json-escape.html and hit "unescape", then remove the third and the last quotation marks from the result, which then looks like this:
    Code:
    {
        "codex_data": {"ignoredUserIds":["9151"],"ignoredUserNames":["Crispy"],"savedTxtIds":["26797","28745"],"savedTxtTexts":["Is actually old and had a decent sex life.","Hates Infinitron and Crispy."],"userColorIds":["18768"],"userColorValues":["#d7e6fd"],"optionRemoveRatings":true,"optionImproveCss":true,"optionRemoveButtons":false,"optionWhichButtons":""}
    }

Paste it into any json viewer http://jsonviewer.stack.hu/ and visualize the data:
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. lukaszek the determinator Patron

lukaszek
    neat trick with that GM_getValue
    Show Spoiler
    i know shit about js, im easilly impressed

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Maxie Guest

Maxie
    bester is a very talented html programmer despite his inability to pleasure his wife

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Bester ⚰️☠️⚱️ Patron Vatnik

Bester
    Maybe it's this kind of prurient remarks that led your son to start banging your daughter.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Citizen Guest

Citizen
    Not bad, but you wanna learn the real trick to improve your codex experience? Open the hosts file and add this little funky string of characters:

127.0.0.1 rpgcodex.net

Enjoy :smug:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Semiurge Cipher

Semiurge
    Premium buttons in next update?

• It's a matter of time It's a matter of time x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.