Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Mod

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
how did that guy make his money? Unless you are a criminal, money is a “score” of the service you have provided to other people as they have paid you for whatever value you have given them. Thus, a billionaire is not a leech but a person who has provided tremendous value to others.
Do you think that if Jeff Bezos wasn't born, there would be no big online store? That he "invented" Amazon?
Such a platform would've emerged regardless of him. He isn't responsible to it, and he sure as fuck isn't contributing 50000x as much to society as I am, to be paid that much more.
Money isn't a score for contribution, it isn't labour vouchers, and its not fair in the way you pretend it to be.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
how did that guy make his money? Unless you are a criminal, money is a “score” of the service you have provided to other people as they have paid you for whatever value you have given them. Thus, a billionaire is not a leech but a person who has provided tremendous value to others.
Do you think that if Jeff Bezos wasn't born, there would be no big online store? That he "invented" Amazon?
Such a platform would've emerged regardless of him. He isn't responsible to it, and he sure as fuck isn't contributing 50000x as much to society as I am, to be paid that much more.
Money isn't a score for contribution, it isn't labour vouchers, and its not fair in the way you pretend it to be.
Aren't you the guy who argued with me that Elon Musk is a bum or something a while ago?

Anyway, I believe that if it wasn't for leaders like Jeff Bezos then people would still live in huts and play in the mud. Maybe such a platform would've emerged, maybe not. Imagine how many things we don't have because a guy like Jeff Bezos hasn't created it yet. Are you gonna do it? Or should I say, bother?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Aren't you the guy who argued with me that Elon Musk is a bum or something a while ago?

Anyway, I believe that if it wasn't for leaders like Jeff Bezos then people would still live in huts and play in the mud. Maybe such a platform would've emerged, maybe not. Imagine how many things we don't have because a guy like Jeff Bezos hasn't created it yet. Are you gonna do it? Or should I say, bother?
If Bezos got run over by a car, another website would've grown to be Amazon. The technology and demand existed, Bezos just lucked into being the one to benefit from it. Same with Musk and PayPal, which I may have written on this forum before. Same with most billionaires. Your view of progress and growth is childish.

Vic

Savant

If Bezos got run over by a car, another website would've grown to be Amazon. The technology and demand existed, Bezos just lucked into being the one to benefit from it. Same with Musk and PayPal, which I may have written on this forum before. Same with most billionaires. Your view of progress and growth is childish.
so how many multi billion dollar companies have you "lucked" into? Your view of what is required to be a leader is childish. It's not just about luck but hard work. Most people are lazy and don't have a vision. JB had the vision and he payed the price to build the thing.

Not long ago I watched an interview with Jack Ma where he almost cried saying that his wife told him he doesn't belong to her but to Alibaba. How many people are willing to sacrifice this much for a dream?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
so how many multi billion dollar companies have you "lucked" into? Your view of what is required to be a leader is childish. It's not just about luck but hard work. Most people are lazy and don't have a vision. JB had the vision and he payed the price to build the thing.
Negro....
Have you seen the Olympics? The world's finest, who dedicate their entire life and being to excellency. Of these, 1 wins the gold. The others are still exceptional excellent athletes.
Amazon isn't the first online store. It almost certainly wasn't the best, and if it was, it was the best by 0.01%. Then the money started coming in, and snowballing. Literally lucked into billions.
Could it have been me? No. But it could've been one of the other TENS OF THOUSANDS of intelligent hard working men doing the same sort if thing around the same sort of time. And if Bezos had read your posts, and died of laughter at your childish worldview, one of the other competent online stores with a hard working founder CO would've lucked into wealth, and would've used the wealth to develop, and from there its smooth sailing.
Bezos isn't the most hard working, most intelligent man alive, and even if he were, he isn't X times as smarter and harder working than your dentist, where X is the difference in wealth. Ergo, wealth is not distributed according to merit, because billionaires have outsized wealth, which doesn't match their relative merit.

And, I can't stress this enough, everyone knows this. Children know this. Dogs know this. Libertarians are the last animals on this planet that don't know it.

Vic

Savant
Negro....
Have you seen the Olympics? The world's finest, who dedicate their entire life and being to excellency. Of these, 1 wins the gold. The others are still exceptional excellent athletes.
Amazon isn't the first online store. It almost certainly wasn't the best, and if it was, it was the best by 0.01%. Then the money started coming in, and snowballing. Literally lucked into billions.
Could it have been me? No. But it could've been one of the other TENS OF THOUSANDS of intelligent hard working men doing the same sort if thing around the same sort of time. And if Bezos had read your posts, and died of laughter at your childish worldview, one of the other competent online stores with a hard working founder CO would've lucked into wealth, and would've used the wealth to develop, and from there its smooth sailing.
Bezos isn't the most hard working, most intelligent man alive, and even if he were, he isn't X times as smarter and harder working than your dentist, where X is the difference in wealth. Ergo, wealth is not distributed according to merit, because billionaires have outsized wealth, which doesn't match their relative merit.

And, I can't stress this enough, everyone knows this. Children know this. Dogs know this. Libertarians are the last animals on this planet that don't know it.
That is true, an athlete might win by just an inch. Or a company might win by only a small margin. I don't know enough about the history of ecommerce to comment on the rest. All I know that people are grouped into leaders and followers, and that business is not a one day competition but you have to be constantly solving problems for years to grow your company. Was Jeff Bezos only 0.01% better than the others? Maybe, but how many others were there exactly? I don't know but if I had to guess, not many. Not many that could compete anyways.

What I do know is that there are Amazon knock offs in other countries, and they are shit by comparison. Shouldn't these companies do much better because Amazon paved the way and showed them how it's done? Yet they are still shit. The same goes for games, shouldn't a lot of games be GOOD because the best games are only 0.01% better? Shouldn't there be TENS OF THOUSANDS great games? Yet we still see so many shit games either due to lack of talent of effort.

Your thinking just doesn't make sense in the real world.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
What I do know is that there are Amazon knock offs in other countries, and they are shit by comparison. Shouldn't these companies do much better because Amazon paved the way and showed them how it's done? Yet they are still shit.
Would they be worse than Amazon, if they had the kind of capital Amazon has, to develop and attract more competent staff and operate on smaller profit margins?
The situation is, if you are 0.01% better, you get money, and you use the money to become much better. But if the other guy, who was 0.01% worse than you, got the money, he'd use it to become much better than you. So the money made the difference, not your initial small advantage.
Just like if a result is higher up on Google, it gets more clicks, and more engagement, and stays the highest result on Google, even if there is a better one on the second page. Like how the Fextralife wiki for Baldur's Gate 3 keeps being linked, despite it being actual garbage full of adverts, and the community wiki doesn't even show in the top results on Google.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Having been a multi-account user for over a decade, I must say this tool is simply a godsent. I can keep a single ignore list for all my accounts at the same time.

edit: oops, wrong handle

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Bester i've added some tweak to your mod, it removes reactions from ignored users in the "reactions received" panel

You can add this to your code.

Code:
function applyRemoveButtonsModDom2() {

let posts = document.querySelectorAll('li.block-row--separated');
    let reactionListPosts = document.querySelector('ul.js-reactionList-0');
    for(let i = 0; i <posts.length; i++){
        let posterID = posts[i].querySelector('a[data-user-id]').getAttribute('data-user-id');
        if(ignoredUsers.has(posterID)){
            reactionListPosts.removeChild(posts[i]);
        }
    }
}
I'll give it to you straight, I have no idea where the repos is on my pc. If you make a pull request, I'll merge it. But otherwise, it'll take a few years to make it into the project, if we're being optimistic.

But given how we're the two only users of this script and I don't mind ignored people giving me positive ratings, we're basically good.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
But given how we're the two only users of this script and I don't mind ignored people giving me positive ratings, we're basically good.

There could be two other ways to do this:
1. Remove ratings from ignored users based on the disabled buttons like retadred
2. Remove ratings from all users based on the disabled buttons like retadred

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Added "sort polls by number of votes"
b4712d422d997f3eb825146d2c020340.png

Stavrophore I tried inserting your code in there, but I never figured out where it's supposed to be called.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
mod.JPG

Add a div to the left of Save Info, which will fade in a green text Info Saved! for a few seconds, then fade it out, when the button Save Info is pressed.
Right now I get anxiety about if I actually pressed the button, since there's no reaction, and end up pressing it 5 times to be sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom