Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Mod

Gammer

Learned
127.0.0.1 SWEET 127.0.0.1

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Not bad, but you wanna learn the real trick to improve your codex experience? Open the hosts file and add this little funky string of characters:

127.0.0.1 rpgcodex.net

Enjoy :smug:
How come when I try this at your house it's an ugly late 90's website of your mother fucking strange men but when I try it at my house it's blank?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Updated the mod. Most of it is back. And what isn't functional has been turned off, so there's no junk code executing anywhere, don't worry about it.

- Ignore mod: works for posts. Doesn't work for alerts and "last post by" yet.
- Colored nicknames: they work. But the color picker appears at the upper left part of the screen in Chrome, and since the input is in the user's card, when the card gets hidden, so does the color picker. So it's not easy to use, but you'll figure it out if you really want it.
- Custom notes: they work.
- Remove ratings: they work, but you can still rate. Best of both worlds?

What doesn't work yet:
- Retro CSS mod. This needs a major cleanup and a ton of fixes, so don't bother with it.
- Remove individual buttons.
- Improve Article CSS mod. Haven't even touched it.

Stavrophore pinging you as my sole mod user.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm not sure people of the Codex should have such power, but I'll be giving it to them.

From now on, if you don't like certain ratings only under YOUR posts, you can remove them.

Change this:
e71528e1c60642442c352e792e883eb2.png

To this:
991379a0bfd81e376c51153fdd858772.png

And it works when you open the "who rated" popup. It uses the old interface for individual button removal, works the same way. E.g.:
49046ee3d208dd211daac5114a272149.png

This mod runs after the page content has been completely loaded, which with the new engine takes some time. Wait a bit before scrolling down, when you expect to see a lot of shitty ratings.

Also part of the update:
- Added my Semi-retro look mod. It has bigger fonts than the original skin. I'm using "Twiglard's Colour Edi -- Fluid". Not expecting anyone else to use this mod, it's tweaked for my tastes.
- Restored "Improve Article CSS" mod, which nobody but me seems to use

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I'm not sure people of the Codex should have such power, but I'll be giving it to them.

From now on, if you don't like certain ratings only under YOUR posts, you can remove them.

Change this:
e71528e1c60642442c352e792e883eb2.png

To this:
991379a0bfd81e376c51153fdd858772.png

And it works when you open the "who rated" popup. It uses the old interface for individual button removal, works the same way. E.g.:
49046ee3d208dd211daac5114a272149.png

This mod runs after the page content has been completely loaded, which with the new engine takes some time. Wait a bit before scrolling down, when you expect to see a lot of shitty ratings.

Also part of the update:
- Added my Semi-retro look mod. It has bigger fonts than the original skin. I'm using "Twiglard's Colour Edi -- Fluid". Not expecting anyone else to use it, it's tweaked for my tastes.
- Restored "Improve Article CSS" mod, which nobody but me seems to use
C'mon! It sucks all fun!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The ratings are still there. You just can't see them. After seeing them while the page loaded.

So much cope.

CHEMS

Scholar
Cool, i can now color the nicknames of the worthwhile users and with a quick glance at the members online section i can see if the current posts will or will not suck

Thanks

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
The ratings are still there. You just can't see them. After seeing them while the page loaded.

So much cope.
No shit, only the mods and admin can modify server-wise.
Next time, Are you going to teach us what is the color of the white horse of Henry the 4th?

agris

Arcane
Patron
The negative ratings have killed this forum's personality, because people don't need to argue their stances anymore they just rate and move on, and so I salute this mod, and I hope more people adopt it.
I used to feel this way, but I actually think it helps sharpen the discourse sometimes by obviating some low effort posts.

Sure, you’ll still get plenty of tards - it’s the codex after all - but I think if someone is inclined to disagree in a substantive way then the ‘no’ or ‘disagree’ buttons aren’t going to stop them from posting.

Of course, there’s a lot of bandwagoning by people but that occurs with any form of social signaling, whether posts or ratings.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, no. You're full of shit. If I can't bully an idiot for being an idiot, then everyone just comes in and shits in the middle of the room, and then just walks away. One of the reasons why this forum attracts only idiots now is because no one bullies idiots out of the room with salient arguments.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Yeah, no. You're full of shit. If I can't bully an idiot for being an idiot, then everyone just comes in and shits in the middle of the room, and then just walks away. One of the reasons why this forum attracts only idiots now is because no one bullies idiots out of the room with salient arguments.
WTF am I reading.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
When I do, people give me a ton of "retarded", the irony being they're the ones retarded who don't understand the basic flow of a logical explanation. One dude was happy that the billionaires died in the submarine, cause "billionaires are parasites on society", according to him, and most people will agree. Okay, but they're not parasites through sheer fact of being billionaires. They arrived here somehow. Where do they get their money? They steal a part of their employees salary. But there's no qualitative difference between a billionaire thief and a small shwarma joint owner who steals from his only employee. The difference is only quantitative. But this hits close to home and people seethe at the idea of "what, I can't start a business now?", and rate my post retarded. There are no arguments to be made there. They just reee. Same for when I post something in the Ukraine thread, a big game analysis. And I get 10 retarded from people who got saliva drooping out of their mouth. It gets old very fast. I turned off all negative ratings. Things are on a steep decline everywhere. The Earth can sustain 8 billion people, but I'm not sure it'll survive 8 billion retards. I don't even know for whom I'm writing my posts anymore.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
When I do, people give me a ton of "retarded", the irony being they're the ones retarded who don't understand the basic flow of a logical explanation. One dude was happy that the billionaires died in the submarine, cause "billionaires are parasites on society", according to him, and most people will agree. Okay, but they're not parasites through sheer fact of being billionaires. They arrived here somehow. Where do they get their money? They steal a part of their employees salary. But there's no qualitative difference between a billionaire thief and a small shwarma joint owner who steals from his only employee. The difference is only quantitative. But this hits close to home and people seethe at the idea of "what, I can't start a business now?", and rate my post retarded. There are no arguments to be made there. They just reee. Same for when I post something in the Ukraine thread, a big game analysis. And I get 10 retarded from people who got saliva drooping out of their mouth. It gets old very fast. I turned off all negative ratings. Things are on a steep decline everywhere. The Earth can sustain 8 billion people, but I'm not sure it'll survive 8 billion retards. I don't even know for whom I'm writing my posts anymore.
how did that guy make his money? Unless you are a criminal, money is a “score” of the service you have provided to other people as they have paid you for whatever value you have given them. Thus, a billionaire is not a leech but a person who has provided tremendous value to others.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
how did that guy make his money? Unless you are a criminal, money is a “score” of the service you have provided to other people as they have paid you for whatever value you have given them. Thus, a billionaire is not a leech but a person who has provided tremendous value to others.
He doesn't produce value. His workers produce it, but get pay less than its value, and he pockets the difference.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Buttons don't prevent you from doing anything, though. You can reply to that idiot and make your case. That's my point, buttons by themselves only keep low effort posts down. If someone feels strongly about something and wants to articulate it, a button doesn't suffice. The people mashing buttons who don't actually engage in argument or discussion weren't going to bring anything meaningful to the table anyway.

I don't disagree on the general trend of the forums, but I really don't stick my head anywhere but the gaming sections and I imagine it's much worse in the other parts - and it's pretty bad in GRPG.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Bester i've added some tweak to your mod, it removes reactions from ignored users in the "reactions received" panel

You can add this to your code.

Code:
function applyRemoveButtonsModDom2() {

let posts = document.querySelectorAll('li.block-row--separated');
    let reactionListPosts = document.querySelector('ul.js-reactionList-0');
    for(let i = 0; i <posts.length; i++){
        let posterID = posts[i].querySelector('a[data-user-id]').getAttribute('data-user-id');
        if(ignoredUsers.has(posterID)){
            reactionListPosts.removeChild(posts[i]);
        }
    }
}

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Regardless of your political and economic views, most billionaires are absolutely horrible, loathsome people

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom