Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Codex Scoop: Brian Fargo has trademarked cancelled time travel RPG Meantime...and also Van Buren?!

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Was there some kind of story for Meantime back when besides time-travel? Characters? Plot? Anything?
Although set in the same universe as Wasteland, and with similar engine and gameplay, Meantime was to feature an entirely unique storyline. The basic premise was that the player would travel through time, and recruit famous historical figures to the player's party.

Bill & Ted.jpg

Visperas

Augur
Yeah, I know where Wikipedia is. I expected some other tidbits from the connoisseurs in here.

almondblight

Arcane
Recruitable characters would be generally limited to people who had met mysterious ends, so as to be in sync with historic events. For example...Wernher von Braun...

Ah yes, mysteriously dying of pancreatic cancer at the age of 65.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not very familiar with the concepto of this game, but after Wasteland 2 they have my moneyz at least for the vanilla digital release.
Fargo is a beautiful flower who has to be nurturedand cared for...unlike that moneygrabbing hasbeen of Molleux with his "pay to play" Godus scam

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Was there some kind of story for Meantime back when besides time-travel? Characters? Plot? Anything?
Although set in the same universe as Wasteland, and with similar engine and gameplay, Meantime was to feature an entirely unique storyline. The basic premise was that the player would travel through time, and recruit famous historical figures to the player's party.

So now we can recruit Lincoln, Bonaparte, Genghis Khan and Spartacus - then go find (or kidnap) Einstein, Tesla and other great minds of Earth just to make us weapons and go to any age and rule the world. Imagine - Lincoln with AK-47, Bonaparte with some heavy machine gun and explosives, Khan and Spartacus can get some custom melee weapons from Einstein or Tesla (Oh yes - sword with ability to shoot lightning.) Or you can just make an army.

:takemymoney:

Wizfall

Cipher
The concept is nice but doesn't suit a cRPG at all IMHO.
Would make a fascinating adventure game.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You could recruit historical individuals to your party in Escape from Hell. It worked just fine.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Building up my e-rep as an investigative spoiler, Brians and "Benjanuns" beware. :cool:

For extra spoiling, I won't even donate to this if it insists on being as grog as Wasteland 2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
For extra spoiling, I won't even donate to this if it insists on being as grog as Wasteland 2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pfft. that's nothing. I won't donate to any more kickstarters, period.

poe is boring; wl2 takes way too long for box to arrive (still nothing); dos couldn't deliver on all goals (followers, schedules) so I could just as well have bought it digitally after release; I don't think I'll ever even play ds.

get on my level ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Pfft, that's nothing, I will start stealing from Kickstarters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom