Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Throwdown: Why Two Worlds Fucking Rocks

Bruticis

The game crashed CONSTANTLY when it first came out combined with some of the worst voice acting and dialog I've ever seen made it really hard for me to enjoy.

madbringer

Arcane
Anyone who claims that "some game has shitty voice acting going on" really needs to play Parkan II. You don't know what "shitty voice acting" is until you do. And i say that without even playing Two Worlds. :?

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
LOLOLOL HARDCORE BROS SHOW THEIR POPAMOLE STRIPES

TWO WORLD IS LIKE OBLIVION BUT WITH BETTER GAME PLAY BETTER EXPLORATIUON MORE CHALLENGE MORE WORLD INTERACTIVITY

BUT LESS BLOOM LESS LARPNESS NO VOICEOVERS IF TWO WORLDS HAD PATRIC STEWART OR LIAM NEESON HAHAHAH SOME OG YOU HATERS WOULD DROOL OVER IT???

Mortmal

Arcane
BLOBERT said:
TWO WORLD IS LIKE OBLIVION BUT WITH BETTER GAME PLAY BETTER EXPLORATIUON MORE CHALLENGE MORE WORLD INTERACTIVITY
/quote]

NO BRO

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
nomask7 said:
This is a CRPG forum, and so doesn't really have much to do with brains or with people with brains.
outside of the fact that rpgs evolved from strategy boardgames, with which they still share a lot of elements, of course.

jaylittle

Scholar
The way I look at it is that some RPGs are like Chess and some are like Checkers. Two Worlds is somewhere in between but nevertheless it is quite fun :)

CrimHead

Scholar
BLOBERT said:

BUT LESS BLOOM LESS LARPNESS NO VOICEOVERS IF TWO WORLDS HAD PATRIC STEWART OR LIAM NEESON HAHAHAH SOME OG YOU HATERS WOULD DROOL OVER IT???

Is this a legitimate opinion from BLOBERT? I suddenly just got very confused. The world as I once knew it no longer makes sense. Excuse me, I have to go lie down for a moment.

Silellak

Cipher
Curious about this, now that it's patched and relatively cheap. Maybe I'll look into it next time I'm bored and/or there's a sale on GOG.

I've enjoyed this game ever since it came out. And fuck ever patching it, they won't take away my ability to resurrect anyone I damn well please. If it means I have to give up a functional critical hit system to have a town where people and orcs are living together, so be it.

Michael Ellis

Scholar
Project: Eternity
CrimHead said:
BLOBERT said:

Is this a legitimate opinion from BLOBERT? I suddenly just got very confused. The world as I once knew it no longer makes sense. Excuse me, I have to go lie down for a moment.

BLOBERT comments which are actually coherent have been increasing this year based on casual observation. It has deeply troubled me as well.

madbringer said:
Anyone who claims that "some game has shitty voice acting going on" really needs to play Parkan II. You don't know what "shitty voice acting" is until you do. And i say that without even playing Two Worlds. :?

I'd post Chaos Wars, but that's old. Instead, I present you bad VA + bad dialogue...a match made in hell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV8sWUmzNXM

StrangeCase

Educated
I'd post Chaos Wars, but that's old. Instead, I present you bad VA + bad dialogue...a match made in hell

Wasn't there a Sonic cartoon on TV for a while? Its quality was similar, if memory serves.

Also, I found Two Worlds' dialogue+VA to be simply inept, almost to the point of being charming; Oblivion's was just condescending apathy.

1eyedking

Erudite
Michael Ellis said:
CrimHead said:
BLOBERT said:

BLOBERT comments which are actually coherent have been increasing this year based on casual observation. It has deeply troubled me as well.

nomask7

Arcane
SuicideBunny said:
nomask7 said:
This is a CRPG forum, and so doesn't really have much to do with brains or with people with brains.
outside of the fact that rpgs evolved from strategy boardgames, with which they still share a lot of elements, of course.
You mean DEVOLVED, amirite? Some CRPGs devolved from strategy games, some CRPGs devolved from pen & paper RPGs. So, alas, my statement still stands.

(Some CRPGs didn't devolve from anything. They work wonderfully as what all CRPGs aim to be: simple fun with some appropriately few distractions to distract the mind from the simple-mindedness of it all.)

madbringer

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
madbringer said:

:lol:

But that's nothing compared to Parkan II, man. Check this drop of ambrosia out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAd27B8x-Aw

Achilles

Arcane
Hmm, I played the demo at the time but it didn't seem like much so I never bought it. Many people here seem to enjoy it though, maybe I should give it another chance.

I have a question about leveling, is it important or can you slaughter everything at level 1 a la Oblivion? Also, is there a "greater risk=greater reward factor", ie no level scaling? I think it's very important to make exploration worthwhile and satisfying.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Alexandros said:
I have a question about leveling, is it important or can you slaughter everything at level 1 a la Oblivion? Also, is there a "greater risk=greater reward factor", ie no level scaling? I think it's very important to make exploration worthwhile and satisfying.

If you stick your nose to somewhere it doesnt belong, you'll get stomped. Cyclops, for example.

Tho smart player can exploit AI in several ways to overcome the difference.

Alexandros said:
or can you slaughter everything at level 1 a la Oblivion?

Nope. As a matter of fact, the very first NPC you meet (aside from a few chump goblins or something) can kill you in a single blow, and he's just a country bumpkin. You have to be careful where you go and what you do, even damn far into the game.

But it's pretty satisfying to come back a few hours in and splatter that dumb yokel across the country-side.

nomask7

Arcane
It doesn't have level-scaling (at least I haven't noticed any).

Sure, you can kill some types of monsters thirty levels above your character level - the ones whose blows are easy to dodge - but they have so many hit-points I never bother to do that. Other than those extreme cases, the game is fun precisely because it doesn't force you to hack monsters face-to-face, exchanging blows "first you then me, you, me, you, me" style. It fits this type of Diablo loot-gathering genre perfectly, because it allows widely differing paths to success, not just "first you kill low-level monsters, then a little bit higher-level ones, and so on" crap.

Not that there's not room for improvement. Hopefully Two Worlds 2 will improve on Two Worlds instead of dumbing it down.

MasPingon

Arcane
nomask7 said:
(Some CRPGs didn't devolve from anything. They work wonderfully as what all CRPGs aim to be: simple fun with some appropriately few distractions to distract the mind from the simple-mindedness of it all.)

By "some" you mean Two words? Dumbed down Gothic - Oblivion( yeah, it doesn't work in-game too) hybrid? Your beloved crpg?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
What class/skills are the most OP in TW? I asked this in the other TW thread but no-one answered :( I played a caster but I must have picked all the shit spells because enemies took ages to kill.
Or maybe this game is just way hardcore.

nomask7

Arcane
Play fighter. The only really useful skills are lock-picking, improved criticals, and improved damage. I think the skills-system is crap and the skills uninteresting. Just don't pay much attention to it and you'll be fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom