Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That music is too intense for walking through a hall way. It should be a shump or side scroller like RoboCop vs terminator

zwanzig_zwoelf

The music was playing in foobar while I was recording the video, so it's no surprise that some random tune ended up in the video.
(The music is from Giten Megami Tensei, btw).

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
It looks good and gives off an eerie vibe. Did you write your own game engine?

zwanzig_zwoelf

It looks good and gives off an eerie vibe. Did you write your own game engine?
Nah, it's still Unity + old texture from some previous ideas, solely for prototyping purposes. I've also implemented movement on slopes and reactivity when hitting the wall from any side.
However, I have to keep the same angle of slopes and stairs (30 degrees) due to some limitations. I can go past them, ofc, but with my skills that would bloat the code into an uncontrollable mess.

r3jonwah85

Savant
Been working on two things this past week; first I got the networking in Unity working almost the way I want it to, this is how it looks now (have to implement nicer extrapolation, interpolation and prediction on the moving objects of course):

Sorry about the horrible gameplay, since I have no friends I had to control both players which is not the easiest thing in the world!

Second I got a bit fed up with gravity project so I decided to use yesterday to implement a procedural generator in Unreal Engine 4 with a new basic idea I had in the back of my head. A full day of work got me to this point (basic idea works, lots and lots of features not implemented, hence the open gaps for example):

zwanzig_zwoelf

Sorry about the horrible gameplay, since I have no friends I had to control both players which is not the easiest thing in the world!
B-but I thought we were friends!
Looks good btw.

Also, some news: I'm done with the movement for now, but I get the feeling I'll have to reprogram it at some point, since an acquaintance of mine almost had a heart attack when he saw a snip of the code. I also need to think about traps and stuff.
But that'll be later - I need to start figuring out how to build a party and implement basic combat/interactions.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Despair thy eyes, hacker.

Lol what is that supposed to be?

Hacking is supposed to look similar to this.

At least make it hexadecimal.. Memory isn't exclusively stored in the 20 - 7B byte range.. :(

Well, that's the problem. Finding a password among hexadecimal stuff would be a total clusterfuck even for me.
However... actually, I'll take a look, you might've accidentally pushed me in the right direction.

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

At least make it hexadecimal.. Memory isn't exclusively stored in the 20 - 7B byte range.. :(

Well, that's the problem. Finding a password among hexadecimal stuff would be a total clusterfuck even for me.
However... actually, I'll take a look, you might've accidentally pushed me in the right direction.

I'm sure theres a hacking minigame like this in something I forgot the name to.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I'm sure theres a hacking minigame like this in something I forgot the name to.

Alpha Protocol had something similar-looking.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Behold! BaK-style inventory shuffling!
xY5qP8d.gif

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Finally got to implementing the new enemy sprites (player's will come shortly). Somehow, the tint got a bit off, we'll need to check that out - they're supposed to be reddish-brown whereas here they're just brown.

ed: Also, I've suddenly understood that the tails are attached wrong - they should begin from the central gemstone, not from the butt of the ship.

edx2: yeah, looks much better with the proper tail attachment.

caelumnewenemies.jpg

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Finally got to implementing the new enemy sprites (player's will come shortly). Somehow, the tint got a bit off, we'll need to check that out - they're supposed to be reddish-brown whereas here they're just brown.

ed: Also, I've suddenly understood that the tails are attached wrong - they should begin from the central gemstone, not from the butt of the ship.

caelumnewenemies.png

The thing at the bottom reminds me of Galaga for some reason.

Zep--

Alchemist

Arcane
Hey do you all know about this game dev contest running right now? http://contest.gamedevfort.com/page/guidelines
Cash prize pool of about $55k currently - and the deadline is August 7th. I'm thinking of jumping in on it, even though I'd be starting late. It shouldn't be hard to stand out - if you make something other than a JRPG (seems to be a lot of them in this so far).

zwanzig_zwoelf

I'll wake up embarassed and shunned, but I made a single screen Resident Evil clone.
9tndxJz.png

zwanzig_zwoelf

So, time to get serious.
I figured out the necessary effect chain which masks any kind of horrible pixel art.

Before:
AwyFmTS.png

After:
7BWoWtk.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom