Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

jackofshadows

Magister
I found it more infuriating that I had stealth on oe Faythe but the other skills (all of them, hight int) on my main. Sure I could use her effectively in the stealth sections but I couldn't do anything with her in them.
When you're about to start any stealth section there's a window to choose a person to do it with all the relevant skills listed. That should've given you hint.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I found it more infuriating that I had stealth on oe Faythe but the other skills (all of them, hight int) on my main. Sure I could use her effectively in the stealth sections but I couldn't do anything with her in them.
When you're about to start any stealth section there's a window to choose a person to do it with all the relevant skills listed. That should've given you hint.
That is a nice and irrelevant advice.

I recruited faythe last, as I found the quest right before going through the factory. And I did not plan to use stealth at all. Meaning, most skill checks had already been used and my main had 1 in Stealth.

What am I supposed to do in that situation? I could simply not level her skills, and neither could I level sneak on my main. Outside the sneak section all skill checks are party based without prior trying sneak (the first option for me I considered it was the factory end situation) there is no way of knowing that you should have computers and lockpick on your sneak character.

I was able to finish the game though, it does not stop progression but gives quite a few headscratchers. The Lander encounter is bonkers without sneak.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
People crying that they can't clear content, because they aren't proficient in the relevant skills is the most decline shit on the Codex since forever. Goofy ass weirdos, lol.

notpl

Arbiter
Well..... more then 10 hours in. Its certainly better then Insomnia Lost Ark :-D :-D (both have very similar atmosphere) and about the same level as Encased which is not great not terrible. But I expected A LOT more after AoD. Both writing and combat wise.
I think even those of us who like the game overall still feel like it's a step back from Age of Decadence in most ways. Significantly less branching and reactivity, combat that is a sidegrade at best, worse writing. Game still feels blatantly unfinished - outside of the Pit and maybe Mission Control every area feels like a homework assignment they stayed up until 4 am finishing the night prior. Some of the 3d environment backdrops are really gorgeous but that also isn't something I nor I assume most people still playing games like this in 2023 care about at all.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
People crying that they can't clear content, because they aren't proficient in the relevant skills is the most decline shit on the Codex since forever. Goofy ass weirdos, lol.

You forgot to add that they are all racists. People tell honest opinion about game just to make Vince feel bad for sharing he was born in Ukraine.
Spoiler: (Vince lied, he was born in USSR).

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Steezus

Savant
Patron

You forgot to add that they are all racists. People tell honest opinion about game just to make Vince feel bad for sharing he was born in Ukraine.
Spoiler: (Vince lied, he was born in USSR).
Shut up retard lol

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Can you guys not be weird at least in a single thread? Ffs
Which thread would that be?
Vagrus thread doesn't have such discussion because the game is not filled with retarded sjw garbo politics.
I heard the main proponent of that game used cheats and when confronted about it, said that "ain't no one time for all that shit".
:smug:

I don't use cheats but cheat engine,very different beast. I also used it on this garbo game....use it on all games i play lol. I am not a 70 year old decrepit old loser that thinks 50 minutes on using his turn. Do have a life to live and no time to waste on slow shit lol.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL do you need to offer the machine to one of the factions for real???? I did all the other quests and wanted to leave but i can't lol.

So, does this game get more interesting than "communists vs conservatives vs christians in space"? Feels like a yawnfest so far, especially compared to AoD's pseudo-Roman setting filled with mysteries and much more interesting factions and paths.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

What crying I was just pointing toward the retarded post "You could have seen it as soon as you used sneak". I am perfectly content having played through the game and don't feeling I have missed content unfairly.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
communists vs conservatives vs christians in space
:hahyou:

If it even had that,it would have been fine really. But the writer had the ideological knowledge of such things as 12 year old fat kwan. Those ideologies and fate are represented by someone who knows about them from all holywood garbo television.

Christians are just retards that spew random bible quotations from the kwan bible.

The nazies are all "citizen your productivity had fallen by 1% it is time for you to be shot in the head for mutiny"

Comies are "Reeee we fight for freedom,now go be hungry and slave away or we will shoot you"

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
LoL do you need to offer the machine to one of the factions for real???? I did all the other quests and wanted to leave but i can't lol.
Yes, you have to, but there's a fourth faction you'll contact immediately afterwards.
Ohhh i will kill all the feminist mutants for sure,no need to contact them. Space jihad till the end yo.

I'm sorry, AFAIK thats not happening-

We are not refering to *them* they don't play a role overall at all.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
all this bitching gets me itching

but I will wait before I shit on the game

I mean, the game is definitely a step down from AoD, no question. It's missing things that were great back then (a map, LORE, faction system from the get go with tons of reactivity and roleplay viability, LORE, crafting, LORE) and doesn't really improve that much upon existing things. I still had fun with my first run and I'm definitely going to replay it, but it's hard to shake the feeling of what could've been.

Still, hope this sells well and they can do another one. The setting has potential if they want to continue with a sequel and frankly, nobody makes RPGs like ITS.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yes, you have to, but there's a fourth faction you'll contact immediately afterwards.
Ohhh i will kill all the feminist mutants for sure,no need to contact them. Space jihad till the end yo.

I'm sorry, AFAIK thats not happening-

We are not refering to *them* they don't play a role overall at all.
Then i will kill all the rest in revenge!! Also not joining a robot cult!!!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

notpl

Arbiter
There is another faction.

The only reasonable faction, even.
There shouldn't be a "reasonable faction." That was supposed to be the entire point.

Lhynn

Arcane
One of brothel guy's henchmen is even your childhood friend

Who, Samuel? Thought they were acquainted at best.
Might be misremembering, but the descriptive text says Samuel grew up in the pit and Evans mentions the player as "our" people, so the player is isn't some kind of expatriate.
Only likable character Ive found so far. Hes dead by the time you get back from doing the previous mission.

So thats all you get, a warm smile from a dude you used to know. I was looking forward to chatting with him, maybe sharing stories at the bar.
"Its a human being! How odd." I thought in my head when I met him.
"Of course, its VD writing" I thought, 15 minutes later, when he had died off screen.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
all this bitching gets me itching

but I will wait before I shit on the game

I mean, the game is definitely a step down from AoD, no question. It's missing things that were great back then (a map, LORE, faction system from the get go with tons of reactivity and roleplay viability, LORE, crafting, LORE) and doesn't really improve that much upon existing things. I still had fun with my first run and I'm definitely going to replay it, but it's hard to shake the feeling of what could've been.

Still, hope this sells well and they can do another one. The setting has potential if they want to continue with a sequel and frankly, nobody makes RPGs like ITS.
Imagine, you have not known AoD or Dungeon Rats. How would you feel about this game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom