Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
So, the thing with the so called bug of mine with Fast Draw allegedly not providing +4AP during the first round.
It turns out that turning the shields on during the preparation round takes -2 AP from the first round of the combat.
Who would've thought [:
Apologies for any concerns.

Tenebris

Scholar
So, the thing with the so called bug of mine with Fast Draw allegedly not providing +4AP during the first round.
It turns out that turning the shields on during the preparation round takes -2 AP from the first round of the combat.
Who would've thought [:
So your characters with low initiative can have it on from the very start.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Who would've thought [:
So your characters with low initiative can have it on from the very start.
Yes, I didn't think of that at first. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Who would've thought [:
You can also buff yourself during the placement phase with stims or how the hell does the game call them. Very useful for the enemies with mental attacks as you can use the neural defence buff stim before actual combat, so they won't mind rape Jed before he gets to his turn. I bet there's also some cases where you can super soldier buff yourself for an ultimate berserker turn 1 murder spree.

Shame you can't buff yourself in stealth though.

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
Dungeon Rats best ITS game.

Combat (it was combat spin-off so focus was on combat) is miles ahead of CS and slightly better than in AoD. And game was developed in only 1 year! To balance with such perfection so fast, impressive

Yeah, it was so nice that you also said its basically fucking worthless in your review. Make up your mind already, you two faced fuck.

review.png

This petty little cunt went and changed his positive reviews after he was banned from pretty much everywhere for his annoying schizoid bullshit.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Combat (it was combat spin-off so focus was on combat) is miles ahead of CS and slightly better than in AoD. And game was developed in only 1 year! To balance with such perfection so fast, impressive

Yeah, it was so nice that you also said its basically fucking worthless in your review. Make up your mind already, you two faced fuck.

review.png

This petty little cunt went and changed his positive reviews after he was banned from pretty much everywhere for his annoying schizoid bullshit.
Remarkable.

Tigranes

Arcane
You've been reading his posts???

It is worth noting that I've been playing this nonstop since release, and they certainly know how to make fun turn-based gameplay. We've been watching VD make game for over a decade now, and I think we want ITS to scale ever greater heights.

Sòren

Arcane
Who would've thought [:

honestly, i thought that was the case but i didn't want to ask such a stupid question if that's the reason why you got this "glitch".

std::namespace

We get it. You've made your opinion clear. Now stop shitting up the thread.
but my dear friend! its not my OPINION! those are facts! just imagine its someone else posting this everytime, every post is not just "colonshit is garbage" but its "colonshit is garbage because"
and the material is not even over yet!

It's a bad comparison, Colony Ship isn't bad
its time to admit that colonshit is bad, aod wasnt bad, colonshit is bad

Your mother should have executed late abortion by slamming you on the concert pavement upon birth.
ah the hue hue subuman nigger from squalor with a cuck mental illness, how much do like cuckmaker? didnt you leave forever? are you the new ITS disciple after goral the cuck who fell from grace after ...racizm?

Except initiative is like, extremely important stat.
oh really, but what about the invis gadget? how much init did your solo rifleman need? 0?

I have to agree with this, I guess part of the reason is the setting. You can't really have that much mindblowing forgotten lore on a spaceship ship after a mutiny, the game already seems to have used up all the storytelling potential that had for mystery. Neither can you have ancient artifacts of doom with forgotten powers, so even good rare loot like some implant chips seem more mundane by comparison.
ITS cucksquad is literally insane or retarded! a blank state spaceship is now a deadend for mystery lore... i dont even, its absolutely fucking moronic

It is worth noting that I've been playing this nonstop since release, and they certainly know how to make fun turn-based gameplay.
you also were shilling obshitian poe12, your opinion is worth less than that of daedalos

m6H1SF3.png

Shaki

Arbiter
We get it. You've made your opinion clear. Now stop shitting up the thread.
but my dear friend! its not my OPINION! those are facts! just imagine its someone else posting this everytime, every post is not just "colonshit is garbage" but its "colonshit is garbage because"
and the material is not even over yet!

It's a bad comparison, Colony Ship isn't bad
its time to admit that colonshit is bad, aod wasnt bad, colonshit is bad

Your mother should have executed late abortion by slamming you on the concert pavement upon birth.
ah the hue hue subuman nigger from squalor with a cuck mental illness, how much do like cuckmaker? didnt you leave forever? are you the new ITS disciple after goral the cuck who fell from grace after ...racizm?

Except initiative is like, extremely important stat.
oh really, but what about the invis gadget? how much init did your solo rifleman need? 0?

I have to agree with this, I guess part of the reason is the setting. You can't really have that much mindblowing forgotten lore on a spaceship ship after a mutiny, the game already seems to have used up all the storytelling potential that had for mystery. Neither can you have ancient artifacts of doom with forgotten powers, so even good rare loot like some implant chips seem more mundane by comparison.
ITS cucksquad is literally insane or retarded! a blank state spaceship is now a deadend for mystery lore... i dont even, its absolutely fucking moronic

It is worth noting that I've been playing this nonstop since release, and they certainly know how to make fun turn-based gameplay.
you also were shilling obshitian poe12, your opinion is worth less than that of daedalos

m6H1SF3.png
Calling CS bad is just being edgy, it's definitely worse than AoD, but in comparison to most RPGs we get, it's still a very decent game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
That was not in Dungeon Rats.
You do fight something similar in a final optional event where you fend off wave after wave of a small imperial regiment.
Was obvious enough they confused the two. Coz it would make no sense for ordu to raid some shitty exhausted mine. And they can't get past harran pass in that timeline yet.

No, it was obvious I was talking about AOD. What the hell are you on about?

jackofshadows

Magister
You still want high init with cloak in order to shoot and only then activate it. Or shoot a few turns, activate it and heal yourself. Maybe it's viable tactic for some sturdy build to pre-activate it but dunno sturdy guys want some other gadget I think.

Saduj

Arcane
Finally settled on a build yesterday and had a bunch of free time to spend. Started around 6pm. Next thing I know, it is 2am and I had to stop telling myself "I'll just do this one more thing....". To me, that's the best measure of how good a game is.

Not a big stealth fan in general but I like what I've seen so far in CS. I was going to skip it entirely until I tried it. Combat/itemization is what you'd expect/up to par for an ITS game.

Not sure what I think about the learn by use system so far. It seems fine for non-combat skills. Tagged combat skills don't seem to train very fast. I am living with some sub-optimal build choices and metagaming less than I did in AOD so I guess it works as intended. I'm only 10 hours in so I may change my mind later but this living up to very high expectations so far.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
*combat ends, new party member bitch starts bitching*

'Zomg, player_character, must the world be this harsh ;_;'

'it doesn't have to be i guess'

'o-ok *bitch gains thief feat* '

:what:

ARE YOU SHITTING ME

AT LEAST AUTOSAVE THE GAME AFTER THE COMBAT OR SOMETHING SO I CAN REROLL THE FEAT I DIDN'T WANT TO PICK BASED ON VAGUE DIALOGUE CHOICES HOLY SHIT

Tigranes

Arcane
Finally settled on a build yesterday and had a bunch of free time to spend. Started around 6pm. Next thing I know, it is 2am and I had to stop telling myself "I'll just do this one more thing....". To me, that's the best measure of how good a game is.

Not a big stealth fan in general but I like what I've seen so far in CS. I was going to skip it entirely until I tried it. Combat/itemization is what you'd expect/up to par for an ITS game.

Not sure what I think about the learn by use system so far. It seems fine for non-combat skills. Tagged combat skills don't seem to train very fast. I am living with some sub-optimal build choices and metagaming less than I did in AOD so I guess it works as intended. I'm only 10 hours in so I may change my mind later but this living up to very high expectations so far.

I think it's intended that combat skills train very slowly. It's definitely possible to start with zero investment in them and still get through many fights solo, though. Training tokens give yet another way to make up for initially uninvested skills.

Confirming now that with Skill Monkey & tags, you can get to 7 Comp/Elec/Lockpick before heading to the Factory, meaning you can get the antirobot feat in particular.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What's with all the ULTRA fags hating on this game in this thread? This is the RPGCODEX, shit like CS doesn't get any better than any other game release for you.
How about you show some fucking gratitude and appreciation?

It's not a perfect game, but it's damn good in terms of how few people worked on it.

Granted, I've not even played it fully yet, but I'm glad so many people are enjoying it.
I'm kind of saving my 100 % playthrough for the next patch in mid dec.

GG boys
It's idiot codex 2023... 90% of people like anime and FPS crap here, or never play any games.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

review.png

11900 minutes. Every. single. one. wasted.

A man who values his time, obviously.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
What's with all the ULTRA fags hating on this game in this thread? This is the RPGCODEX, shit like CS doesn't get any better than any other game release for you.
How about you show some fucking gratitude and appreciation?

It's not a perfect game, but it's damn good in terms of how few people worked on it.

Granted, I've not even played it fully yet, but I'm glad so many people are enjoying it.
I'm kind of saving my 100 % playthrough for the next patch in mid dec.

GG boys
It's idiot codex 2023... 90% of people like anime and FPS crap here, or never play any games.
Every game thread has 2 or 3 absolute morons that are offended by that specific game not being what they wanted it to be, so they loudly tell everyone how terrible it is, again and again and even when everyone has moved on they still obsess over how terrible the game is. It's quite amusing in its own pathetic way

StrongBelwas

Cipher
Patron

ARE YOU SHITTING ME

AT LEAST AUTOSAVE THE GAME AFTER THE COMBAT OR SOMETHING SO I CAN REROLL THE FEAT I DIDN'T WANT TO PICK BASED ON VAGUE DIALOGUE CHOICES HOLY SHIT
The weird thing is there is at least one other point in the game where you can do something like this and each dialogue choice explains the feat you would be giving the companion in question.

Hellraiser

Arcane

ARE YOU SHITTING ME

The weird thing is there is at least one other point in the game where you can do something like this and each dialogue choice explains the feat you would be giving the companion in question.

I vaguely recall this choice being very clearly labelled for both Jed and Evans when it comes up, so that's at least two other times.

agris

Arcane
Patron

ARE YOU SHITTING ME

sigh. yeah, its a shame this is still handled this way. there's been feedback to improve this aspect of Faythe (even just an autosave, like you said) for years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom