Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship RELEASE THREAD

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
I'm looking to buy this post earth Colon, and since GOG went in the wrong direction, I was wondering who takes the smaller cut, Steam or Gog? I'd like to send a few bucks more to VD if possible

Alpharius

Scholar
i meant to sneak without engaging and take down enemies
Well, sneak xp is not really useful by that point, so.
what are social skill levels required. Mad respect fot you for being the first one to show hybrid capable of doing so.
8 persuasion + 8 streetwise or just 9 persuasion or just 9 streetwise. My +1 disposition was nullified by having negative reputation and i ended up with 11 disposition at the end of the dialogue. So possibly should be fine even without the +1 disposition bonus.
was that single point in charisma required?
Not sure, i think i wouldn't have passed some speech checks in the habitat without it but i could have tagged persuasion at that point. In the Pit it should be fine with just the +1 disposition implant upgrade for squad leader.

Kinda sucks having to waste an implant slot on a squad leader if you don't have the healing factor feat though, so for other builds 5 charisma would be essential i think.

Last edited:

TheDarkUrge

Educated
I'm looking to buy this post earth Colon, and since GOG went in the wrong direction, I was wondering who takes the smaller cut, Steam or Gog? I'd like to send a few bucks more to VD if possible
I don't think there's a single game store that takes a bigger cut than steam (30%) so anything is better than them, but for convenience I still bought it there. Maybe if their site had a donation portal we could pirate and give more cash per copy but what can you do

agris

Arcane
Patron
little. Pick a few things and be good at them, if you want to fight pick a weapon type and stick with it.

newageofpower

Novice
Be honest: what is the minimal metagaming knowledge I need to have an enjoyable run?
Its vastly less minmax demanding than AOD. Make sure you hit highlight (default key: Tab) whenever enterimg a new area so you don't miss things you can click on.

Missing things you can do = losing out on XP/Skill LP = weaker character

kangaxx

Arbiter
I'm really enjoying this game... but this is driving me fucking loopy and I have no idea if it's a bug:

I have a squad leader implant but can't seem to install it anywhere. I only have 1/2 implants installed on my main char, but the machines keep giving me an "error, device not detected, please scan your augmentation device" message. Have I fucked something up?

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm really enjoying this game... but this is driving me fucking loopy and I have no idea if it's a bug:

I have a squad leader implant but can't seem to install it anywhere. I only have 1/2 implants installed on my main char, but the machines keep giving me an "error, device not detected, please scan your augmentation device" message. Have I fucked something up?

Have you 'repaired' it? Cogwheel symbol on top-right of item in inventory, req biotech, item becomes white & clean after.

Tigranes

Arcane
lkOYFjM.png

Cannot believe there isn't an extra reward for this VD

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Well, sneak xp is not really useful by that point, so.
neither is lost xp after bitching out of the fight you cant win. You do get CS xp and can just go blasting once you think that enough number of enemies are down

Kinda sucks having to waste an implant slot on a squad leader if you don't have the healing factor feat though, so for other builds 5 charisma would be essential i think.
not a problem, im itching to try stabby hybrid next and use healing factor as hidden bio tag.

now im slowly trying to figure out beginning stats. 4cha is given(to test disposition), 6str(to get to 8 and berserker+heavy hitter with overclocking), biggest annoyance is that i need 7 starting int or I cant get educated before overclocking.
Although i still cant devide as another option is to start with 6int and go for precise strike instead. Its a bit annoying as blades dont need accuracy from perception that much, so it feels like im not squeezing 100%

kangaxx

Arbiter

Have you 'repaired' it? Cogwheel symbol on top-right of item in inventory, req biotech, item becomes white & clean after.
The neural dampener I have doesn't need repairing bruv. I've already done that to a few other implants, this one looks ready to install. That's why I'm wondering if it's a bug.

Deadyawn

Learned
Restarted a couple of times until I got the hang of it. I'd say I mostly got used to, rather than enjoy, the way this game does things.

-I didn't care for the level-by-use system, least of all when 3 skills are mostly used to open doors. I think the game is generally too restrictive to really benefit from this approach. You end up making a mental note of where the checks are so you can backtrack a bit later for the XP. It's not like there isn't a reward for doing this, but still.

+Good itemization. You kill a tough foe, you get a cool reward that might just make the difference next time. A simple principle, yet so many games get it wrong. Not this one.

+Combat is good. A bit overtuned for my taste, but there are some fun, challenging fights to be had, though at times it can get tedious how it never seems to occur to your character that it might be advantageous to begin combat on the side rather than surrounded. Once my party was geared out with laser weapons (again, cool reward) and granades aplenty, it was smooth sailing till the end. Ol' Bub barely put up a fight.

+There is proper stealth gameplay, so it's not a glorified cyoa with skill checks.

-The writing did nothing for me. Found it too monotone and dull. Barely any of the characters stuck out, and it was difficult to see them as anything other than a quest giver (boring quest log, btw) or info dump. It also didn't help that the dialogue screen is located on the upper right for some reason.

-Exploration was lacking, generally. Whatever attempt the level design made to try to convey the scale of the ship is sort of lost when you begin teleporting everywhere. By the time you get to the habitat, which is not much, you'll have seen most of what there is, with the habitat itself not being particularly interesting.

+The exception to the above being Mission Control. a fun level all around.

With all that said, I liked it overall. Even with the writing being what it is, I thought the story and premise were good enough that I wanted to see it to the end, and I had fun reaching it. Combatfags may get a lot more out of it.

Last edited:

nimateb

Augur
Just finished, really liked it as a diplomat. The combat feels too slow, are there plans to speed it up like in AoD/DR?

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Doing the Hostile Negotiations - Take the Elevator quest, and trying to get past the frogs encounter as they are kicking my ass.

4 person party is currently at levels 3 - 4. My main character is the pre-made social/charismatic type.

Any combat tips or ways to get around it?

jackofshadows

Magister
Doing the Hostile Negotiations - Take the Elevator quest, and trying to get past the frogs encounter as they are kicking my ass.

4 person party is currently at levels 3 - 4. My main character is the pre-made social/charismatic type.

Which frogs exactly? Anyway, some you may skip via stealth but if you wanna beat them wear the thiccest leg armour you have on the person who will soak damage from them (if they crit and knock down said person they will be hitting head though). Don't forget about combat gadgets (buy some if you still don't have any), upgraded distortion shield works great against them for example.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

Which frogs exactly? Anyway, some you may skip via stealth but if you wanna beat them wear the thiccest leg armour you have on the person who will soak damage from them (if they crit and knock down said person they will be hitting head though). Don't forget about combat gadgets (buy some if you still don't have any), upgraded distortion shield works great against them for example.
It's the one with 2 Psykers, 1 spitter and 1 bullfrog. In the room that spewing toxic gas.

Modron

Arcane
It's the one with 2 Psykers, 1 spitter and 1 bullfrog. In the room that spewing toxic gas.
You mean the entirely optional area you can come back to much later in the game with better armor and 100% toxic resistant masks/helmets?

Modron

Arcane
There is probably some combo of your main mc and jed both with heart implants, good boots, and good masks that might be able to handle it the first time through but I never really tried after sampling how much damage the gas did.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
There is probably some combo of your main mc and jed both with heart implants, good boots, and good masks that might be able to handle it the first time through but I never really tried after sampling how much damage the gas did.
I did finally beat it but lost Faythe in the process which I just couldn't accept it lol. Reloaded from a previous save.

Anyways now I was able to progress further in the quest without going through that room for now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom