Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Completely fucking nuts: a Molyneux article

Deleted member 7219

SimpleComplexity said:
Matt7895 said:
I actually really, REALLY hate Peter Molyneux. If I met him I would like nothing more than to punch him in the face and knee him in the balls.

I feel the same way, but my kick punch kick combination would be different.

You mean knee him in the face and punch him in the balls? I wouldn't want my hand to make contact with his groinal area. Unless I was wearing gloves.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Ion Flux said:
katzenjammer, your sig is like, the funniest thing I've ever seen. The amazon.com review is truly sphincter-expanding.

Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought:
-Be the Coolest Dad on the Block: All of the Tricks, Games, Puzzles and Jokes You Need to Impress Your Kids (and keep them entertained for years to come!) by Simon Rose
-REAL Ultimate Power: The Official Ninja Book by Robert Hamburger
-Lost Girls by Alan Moore
-The Design of Everyday Things by Donald A. Norman
-A Confederacy of Dunces (Evergreen Book) by John Kennedy Toole

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
Last off topic comment:

This is from another book of his.

"About the Author
Hiroyuki Nishigaki, a graduate of Osaka City University in 1963, resides in Japan. He was employed by the Kyodo News Agency until 1976. He is the author of four books in Japanese, including How to Attain Silent Knowledge. A female inorganic ally gave the author the ability of space travel at age of 10 and 56. His first space travel was at the age of 56."

Data4

Arcane
Jesus, and I thought he was nuts when he was spooging all over himself describing that god damned dog. Of all the developers to come out and admit something about Oblivion was shit, it had to be the weird, senile uncle of the industry that no one really gives a shit about.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I think he doesn't understand that making the combat easier or more "innovative" will not sell the game any more than it would have been with an advanced system. The only people who will see this innovation will be the ones who buy it and actually test it out. Him aiming at extremely casual gamers means that none of them will have actually read anything about the game and how innovative it is. I don't know how much more casual you can get than Halo or call of duty.

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
POOPERSCOOPER said:
I think he doesn't understand that making the combat easier or more "innovative" will not sell the game any more than it would have been with an advanced system. The only people who will see this innovation will be the ones who buy it and actually test it out. Him aiming at extremely casual gamers means that none of them will have actually read anything about the game and how innovative it is. I don't know how much more casual you can get than Halo or call of duty.

Sometimes when I play Call of Duty, I accidentally hit the "Q" instead of the "W". It's pretty confusing.

Deleted member 7219

POOPERSCOOPER said:

I would say The Sims and The Sims 2 are good examples of extreme casual games. I know girls up at uni who play The Sims and have probably never even heard of Halo.

Texas Red

Whiner
This fellow doesnt know ANYTHING about RPGs. Seriously, FOblivion 3 compared to his next piece of crap would even be worth buying.

We need a genocide to cleanse the Earth of such people as him. How do you call it, hmmm? Retardcide?

Noctis

Novice
Whoa... This for reals? I think Fable turned him completly batshit insane. Worse than a motherfscking malkaivian. Some one has to put him into a asylum... or a retirement home... or something. Seriously.

Retardcide seems like a really good idea, suddenly. I've been around in the RPG scene for fifteen years, but this is by far the idiotic thing I've seen and that's saying something, exspecialy with such a idiotic corporate mainstream around. Wow... Just, wow..

- Noctis

Edit: Everyone loves dark red posts, but we are trying to keep them for special occasions like someone's birthday or first kiss. - VD

Relayer71

Liturgist
THIS JUST IN:

Legendary (in his mind) game designer Peter Molyneux was found dead in his home last night of a drug overdose. Police at the scene report that Mr. Molyneux was found clutching an Xbox 360 contoller playing the hit video game Oblivion. A crack pipe was found along with a note pad.

The investigator at the scene, who described himself as an avid gamer himself said, "The deceased was obviously taking notes, possibly doing some research for an upcoming RPG which stands for ROLE PLAYING GAME. Nothing seems suspicious here but I have to tell you, trying to top that Oblivion game seems like a nutty idea to begin with, I mean that game was sheer perfection - my 12 year old LOVES it! Anyway, that in itself seems to point to the deceased having been under the influence of drugs for quite some time but we'll have to continue investigating".

User was nabbed fit

The title is justified. There's simply no easy way to put it: the guy's fucking nuts.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Seriously, how the fuck can it be that this guy was responsible for titles such as Populous, Magic Carpet, Theme Park and Dungeon Keeper?

RGE

Liturgist
I think you guys should embrace innovation a bit more. Sure, his new game will probably suck as much as his other games, but at least he's trying some new stuff rather than sucking in the same way all the time. It's like Jackass the Game Development, isn't it?

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Volrath said:
Seriously, how the fuck can it be that this guy was responsible for titles such as Populous, Magic Carpet, Theme Park and Dungeon Keeper?
Wild guess: he wasn't?
Or possibly senility caught up with him finally?

But still, it's puzzling.

Oarfish

Prophet
Demis Hassabis had a fair bit to do with theme park, not sure about DK. He turned out to be a bit of a shitty designer post Bullfrog too. Republic: The revolution had to be one of the most disappointingly overhyped titles other than Black & White. An original and adult direction, granted, but a stupidly overcomplicated implementation of what was effectively a simple board game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom