Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Concord Cancelled

Sweeper

Arcane
Concord fans — we’ve been listening closely to your feedback since the launch of Concord on PlayStation 5 and PC and want to thank everyone who has joined the journey aboard the Northstar. Your support and the passionate community that has grown around the game has meant the world to us.

However, while many qualities of the experience resonated with players, we also recognize that other aspects of the game and our initial launch didn’t land the way we’d intended. Therefore, at this time, we have decided to take the game offline beginning September 6, 2024, and explore options, including those that will better reach our players.

While we determine the best path ahead, Concord sales will cease immediately and we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased the game for PS5 or PC. If you purchased the game for PlayStation 5 from the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Direct, a refund will be issued back to your original payment method.

Customers who purchased from other digital storefronts will also be refunded. More information about refunds from Steam and Epic can be found below:

Steam Store – Steam Store will refund players who bought the game over the coming days. Steam will send confirmation of the refund once it has been processed.

Epic Games Store – Epic Games Store will refund players who bought the game over the coming days and will contact each customer directly to confirm that the refund has been processed.

Other retailer refunds – For customers who have purchased a physical copy at a retailer location outside of PlayStation directly, please refer to the refund process of the retailer you purchased it from to obtain your refund.

Once refunded, players will no longer have access to the game.

We’ll keep you updated and thank you again to all the Freegunners who have joined us in the Concord galaxy.
Good news for the two thousand people that bought the game.

illuknisaa

Cipher
I'm kinda surprised that sony aborted concord. I would guessed that they'd first try something like going free to play or dump couple million more try to fix some core issues. Gamers will eat almost any slop. I think just swapping the characters with big booba anime girls would have saved.

But thank you Sony. The joke might have costed you hundreds of millions but I was entertained.

Necrensha

Educated
Imagine spending 8 years of your life on this thing, just to be remembered as the biggest flop of all time.
Sony must be polishing that guillotine.

Drichi

Novice
They've made history.... as the biggest videogame flop ever. Even more than atari's ET.

i'm loling

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Concord.png

Old Hans

Arcane
There has to be at least 1 very confused concord fan out there, the type of person who doesn't follow any gaming news, wondering what the hell just happened.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
why people care about this shit and why so many news pops out about it?

meanwhile Jane Raymond's game is doing fine
One of the company's upcoming titles is Fairgame$, a multiplayer extraction game developed by Jade Raymond, former producer of Assassin's Creed. Although we still don't have much information about the project, it seems that internally it's going well.
The information came from Chris Dring, a journalist for the Games Industry portal. According to him, internal talks at Sony about Fairgame$ are very positive, with the studio committed to making the game work and providing ongoing support.
I've heard good things about Jade Raymond's game, Fairgame$, I've heard good things about it. So I know people are a bit skeptical about the trailer, but I've heard that the internal conversations about it are very positive. These other projects, which I assume are the ones they're focusing on, are the ones they're going to bet on. They're going to launch it, they're going to support it and try to make it work.
What's more, he claims that Sony was already worried about Concord before its release. During the Summer Games Fest, the majority opted to test Astro Bot and LEGO Horizon Adventures instead of Concord, which would have shaken internal confidence in the project.
Source
she's doing fine too
for a 49yo

FSURFTf.jpeg

Dark Souls II

Educated
Shitposter
Soyrim, Soyfield and Soyberpunk faggots about to tell everyone Soycord can still be a good game if you just wait 15 years and install 9231 mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom