Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Concord Cancelled

Tehdagah

Arcane
Once more the modern audience that this game was made for failed to appear. It’s almost like that audience doesn’t really exist.
For some reason Apex Legends worked.

Just Locus

Educated
This game have some of the most ugly character designs I've ever seen.

Character Design 101 is that you should be able to see the character's function in-game just from their looks, a good example would be the Engineer from TF2, you see the hard hat, goggles, and suspenders and instantly know this is the character that builds things. Teo in this game for example is supposed to be the "Ryu" AKA the character everyone picks for the first time to ease themselves into the game more gracefully, but he looks like a Call of Duty Warzone Operator, all other "titular" main characters of other hero shooters are iconic in design.

When you see DaVeers for example, you instantly think she will be the "pyromaniac" character because of her outfit, but nope. She's the explosive character with a "flame dart" ability. When you see Star Child with those hand wraps, you think he'll be the hand-to-hand or brawler character, but no his primary weapon is a shotgun.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
Sony is killing Concord already lmao

Therefore, at this time, we have decided to take the game offline beginning September 6, 2024, and explore options, including those that will better reach our players.

While we determine the best path ahead, Concord sales will cease immediately and we will begin to offer a full refund for all gamers who have purchased the game for PS5 or PC. If you purchased the game for PlayStation 5 from the PlayStation Store or PlayStation Direct, a refund will be issued back to your original payment method.
Source
Biggest flop ever?
Suicide squad might be worse - it sold more, but it was also marketed a lot more.

There's also Hyenas, which neither Sega or CA will NEVER EVER release any numbers on. It's basically their Concord, but unlike Sony they decided the bad PR wasn't worth recouping $20 out of likely hundreds of millions so they shitcanned the game before it even launched even though it was finished.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I know what you are trying to say but I don't think that's necessarily the biggest problem. It's just that no one wants to play Pozz: The Game.

I'm kinda surprised that sony aborted concord. I would guessed that they'd first try something like going free to play or dump couple million more try to fix some core issues. Gamers will eat almost any slop. I think just swapping the characters with big booba anime girls would have saved.

But thank you Sony. The joke might have costed you hundreds of millions but I was entertained.
Yeah, usually the plan is to pretend that things will get better with 6 months of shovelware DLC and then to quietly just stop doing anything past then. I guess the numbers were just so spectacularly bad this time...

Once more the modern audience that this game was made for failed to appear. It’s almost like that audience doesn’t really exist.

corporate needs you to find the differences between these pictures

image-2024-07-12T143037.365.jpg

Calico_card.png

apex-legends-mobile-bold-violet-lifeline-skin.jpg

2458mp7m3kt91.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

No, I will never let go of the recently revealed Deadlock hero looking exactly the same as the Concord one and getting a free pass from all the based reply guys who laughed at the latter, especially the dumb glasses

Ezekiel

Arcane
I don't even know what this is. Wasn't brought to my attention until people started talking about the bad sales.

Just Locus

Educated
I know what you are trying to say but I don't think that's necessarily the biggest problem.
100% Agree. It's just a thing that stood out to me, I'm sure a lot of players pick characters based on their looks the first time they play a game, and none of the characters in Concord look fun or cool enough to play.

Elttharion

Learned

corporate needs you to find the differences between these pictures

image-2024-07-12T143037.365.jpg

Calico_card.png

apex-legends-mobile-bold-violet-lifeline-skin.jpg

2458mp7m3kt91.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

No, I will never let go of the recently revealed Deadlock hero looking exactly the same as the Concord one and getting a free pass from all the based reply guys who laughed at the latter, especially the dumb glasses

The concord one is based on a real life troon btw

Mila-Jam-Concord.jpg

2458mp7m3kt91.jpg

Decrease the size of that ridiculous hairdo, give her some nice boobs (remember when women had boobs in games? I remember) and a proper womanly body, get rid of those stupid round glasses*, get rid of t hose weird ass magenta sleeves and she would look good.

*No seriously, who the fuck wears those stupid glasses? Do you know what we call them in Brazil? Óculos-de-Fundo de Garrafa, literally Glass Bottle-Bottom Glasses. They make you look like a massive nerd, and not the good kind of nerd, the kind of nerd that gets bullied and their lunch money stolen and probably deserves it for being a fucking dweeb. This has never looked good in the history of ever. Good-looking eyeglasses are discrete and sleek.

2458mp7m3kt91.jpg

Decrease the size of that ridiculous hairdo, give her some nice boobs (remember when women had boobs in games? I remember) and a proper womanly body, get rid of those stupid round glasses*, get rid of t hose weird ass magenta sleeves and she would look good.

*No seriously, who the fuck wears those stupid glasses? Do you know what we call them in Brazil? Óculos-de-Fundo de Garrafa, literally Glass Bottle-Bottom Glasses. They make you look like a massive nerd, and not the good kind of nerd, the kind of nerd that gets bullied and their lunch money stolen and probably deserves it for being a fucking dweeb. This has never looked good in the history of ever. Good-looking eyeglasses are discrete and sleek.
She looks like a paintbrush. Also, the term is the same in English, though it's shortened to glass bottle glasses. Same connotations as well.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
2458mp7m3kt91.jpg

DLJyglKW4AA4i1B.jpg

2458mp7m3kt91.jpg

DLJyglKW4AA4i1B.jpg
Yes, if you like dogfucker women

PlayerEmers

Educated
Not related to Concord itself but Sony and their pursuit for live service shit and hero shooters:

For those who dont know, its another hero shooter slop but focused on heists/extract loot (just like the cancelled heist hero shooter "Hyenas" made by Total War devs, published by SEGA)

I will laugh my ass off if this flops as badly as Concord. TOTAL SNOY DEATH

Decrease the size of that ridiculous hairdo, give her some nice boobs and a proper womanly body, get rid of those stupid round glasses

nolf-2-feature-1.jpg
Better, but I've seen better breasts on the body of 15-year old girls.

Women are supposed to have BREASTS, tits, big mommy tiddies, big ol' bahonkadonkers!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom