Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Concord Cancelled

Butter

Arcane
Patron
secret_level_concord.png

Ezekiel

Arcane
2458mp7m3kt91.jpg

Decrease the size of that ridiculous hairdo, give her some nice boobs (remember when women had boobs in games? I remember) and a proper womanly body, get rid of those stupid round glasses*, get rid of t hose weird ass magenta sleeves and she would look good.

*No seriously, who the fuck wears those stupid glasses? Do you know what we call them in Brazil? Óculos-de-Fundo de Garrafa, literally Glass Bottle-Bottom Glasses. They make you look like a massive nerd, and not the good kind of nerd, the kind of nerd that gets bullied and their lunch money stolen and probably deserves it for being a fucking dweeb. This has never looked good in the history of ever. Good-looking eyeglasses are discrete and sleek.
She looks like a paintbrush. Also, the term is the same in English, though it's shortened to glass bottle glasses. Same connotations as well.
Never heard that. Oh........ THAT'S why Bottles from Banjo Kazooie is named Bottles. Edit: No, I definitely thought of glass bottles when I looked at his eyes before. Just didn't know his name was taken from a phrase.

Last edited:

Elttharion

Learned
Not related to Concord itself but Sony and their pursuit for live service shit and hero shooters:

For those who dont know, its another hero shooter slop but focused on heists/extract loot (just like the cancelled heist hero shooter "Hyenas" made by Total War devs, published by SEGA)

I will laugh my ass off if this flops as badly as Concord. TOTAL SNOY DEATH

Eat the rich
MOTHERFUCKER YOU ARE THE RICH

Oh yeah, I cant wait to fight the man/power by giving my money to a huge multinational corporation.

With just $30 you too can eat the rich by purchasing our bext value battle pass that will give you access to all season cosmetics* plus 1200 units of our premium currency. Join the resistance against late stage capitalism now!
*Special LGBT+ cosmetics not included

Elttharion

Learned
Not related to Concord itself but Sony and their pursuit for live service shit and hero shooters:

For those who dont know, its another hero shooter slop but focused on heists/extract loot (just like the cancelled heist hero shooter "Hyenas" made by Total War devs, published by SEGA)

I will laugh my ass off if this flops as badly as Concord. TOTAL SNOY DEATH

Sorry for the double post but this was too funny

92bovi.jpg

Vatnik Wumao
And the characters are so ugly, and the costumes/skins so shit, good luck at monetizing that.
I watched the Concord cartoons out of curiosity and the anime art direction made the character designs less ugly, or at least less jarring. Morbidly obese female Space Marine stands out less in a cartoon world than in a semi realistic one. If they went for that art style for the game itself, it would look much more appealing.

babayaga

Educated
2458mp7m3kt91.jpg

Decrease the size of that ridiculous hairdo, give her some nice boobs (remember when women had boobs in games? I remember) and a proper womanly body, get rid of those stupid round glasses*, get rid of t hose weird ass magenta sleeves and she would look good.

*No seriously, who the fuck wears those stupid glasses? Do you know what we call them in Brazil? Óculos-de-Fundo de Garrafa, literally Glass Bottle-Bottom Glasses. They make you look like a massive nerd, and not the good kind of nerd, the kind of nerd that gets bullied and their lunch money stolen and probably deserves it for being a fucking dweeb. This has never looked good in the history of ever. Good-looking eyeglasses are discrete and sleek.
mv3xoUX.png

I made her more codex friendly :)
AAA companies should hire me

I wouldn’t say those CGI Concord shorts look anime. They look like they’re going for some ‘80s cartoon look. But yeah, the character designs look better there, because there they look like cartoon characters instead of actual regular people dressed like they were costumed for a low budget movie.

The cel shaded shorts do bring up something interesting. Concord would’ve looked way better, could’ve been done way faster, and for much less money if the game was cel shaded. The shorts aren’t even a particularly good looking cel shaded cartoon, but they could’ve made a game with vastly better cel shaded characters and still have done it on the cheap and relatively fast...especially in comparison to the 8 year development cycle Concord had. You can get away with some pretty simple 3D models in a cel shaded game too and still have a great looking game come out of it.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
2458mp7m3kt91.jpg

mv3xoUX.png

Nice effort, but hips are now too wide and dreadlocks still look like bugs are crawling out of her head. Glasses still too hipster. Make the tie much smaller if it needs to be there. A chest/cleavage tie. Not gonna talk shit about about the sleeves you left on, knowing the edit took work.

babayaga

Educated
2458mp7m3kt91.jpg

mv3xoUX.png

Nice effort, but hips are now too wide and dreadlocks still looks like bugs are crawling out of her head. Glasses still too hipster. Make the tie much smaller if it needs to be there. A chest/cleavage tie. Not gonna talk shit about about the sleeves you left on, knowing the edit took work.
Ye, her design is shit anyways, still gave it a try to fix her up a bit and make her actually look more like a woman lol. I tried to keep her design as close to the original as possible so she still looks like herself.
She needs complete rework tho. There is no saving it.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
No strong word of mouth he says. Everyone was talking about Concord. Every day I load up youtube, there's 100 videos about fucking concord being recommended to me. I wish it had less word of mouth.

Elttharion

Learned
I agree, lets hope all AAA companies dont take the wrong lessons from this and actually double, nay, triple down on diversity. The audience demands it.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Just paste googly eyes on those glasses lenses, comic relief character. Rainbow that fro too, the more clownworld the better

Just Locus

Educated
Sony and their pursuit for live service shit and hero shooters
Helldivers 2 is another live service game of theirs that Sony themselves ran into the shitter, alongside Arrowhead with their questionable balance changes. Sony is clearly trying to recoup their losses and is failing wonderfully.

PlayerEmers

Educated
Sony and their pursuit for live service shit and hero shooters
Helldivers 2 is another live service game of theirs that Sony themselves ran into the shitter, alongside Arrowhead with their questionable balance changes. Sony is clearly trying to recoup their losses and is failing wonderfully.
I find baffling that they managed to fuck up all the momentum they had at launch. Live service games truly live and die by the competence of the devs to deliver constant updates that dont fucking suck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom