Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Confess in this thread.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I like the Monsters spinoff way more than the mainline Dragon Quest series. In fact Monsters is one of the best monster taming game series out there so WHY THE FUCK WAS JOKER 3 NEVER LOCALIZED.
Talk about strange coincidences.

I know it's not DQ Monsters, but close enough.

Ereshkigal

Educated
I don't see the charm in SRPGs. I've tried a couple and always lose patience at how long the battles take to be over. I know it's kind of the point of the genre, but they exasperate me.

And yes, I know it's ironic that I have a Tactics Ogre avatar.

SumDrunkGuy

5. Dark Souls 2 is not only my fave Souls game, but I also prefer it to all the other Soulslike games I've played so far too, including Bloodborne
Y'all MFers need to show some god damned pride. WE are the ones who are correct. We are the Dark Souls 2 master race. Those other Soulsborne fan cunts don't know shit!

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've never played a single Final Fantasy.

I downloaded FF1 for an emulator but couldn't even get past the first few minutes. I've seen a friend play (I think) FF7 (or 8 or 9, don't really know) but all I can remember is a weird yellow ostrich. If it counts, I played the snowball fight in Tactics, but that's it.

MasPingon

Arcane
I thought I've finished FF7 about 15 years ago. Now I'm playing it on Switch and it turns out I never made it past Kalm back then.

I laughed at Multidirectional in Elder Ring thread when he said he discovered pouch(quick item) mechanic after 50 hours of play time. Truth is I didn't even know it exists at that moment after finishing the game in 190 hours.

LJ40

Cipher
I played the snowball fight in Tactics, but that's it.
Snowball fight was from Tactics: Advance. Game is alright but it's not as good as Tactics.

Edit - Oh, and I guess I confess to having played FF1-10, 10's sequel, 12, Tactics, and Tactics:Advance. Played half of 13 and quit the series.

TheSoul

Scholar
I still haven't beaten a snes jrpg besides earthbound.
Japan isn't based and won't save gaming
Somehow, I'll be more likely to try Rance than play a jrpg from the past 5 years. A lot of the ones I've seen seem to subscribe to longer = better.
I can't stand dungeon crawlers

Duraframe300

Arcane
FF7R's combat system is garbage tier. It's not that much better than XV's and I'd argue worse in some respects

And I'm saying this as someone not completely opposed to a more actiony approach. Classic mode also at best feels like massive decline from XIII/XIII-2's system.

Dick

Educated
I'm a big fan of the SaGa Games for the classic Game Boy. Played the first one multiple times, and loved every playthrough of it.

Final Fantasy games are, generally spoken, much better balanced than any wrpg. (which is not a huge wonder, after all, but still)

The Zero Escape games from Kotaro Uchikoshi are one of the best gaming experiences I had in my life. After playing these, I just needed more, so I tried the Danganronpa series. I was not disappoint.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
5. Dark Souls 2 is not only my fave Souls game, but I also prefer it to all the other Soulslike games I've played so far too, including Bloodborne
Y'all MFers need to show some god damned pride. WE are the ones who are correct. We are the Dark Souls 2 master race. Those other Soulsborne fan cunts don't know shit!
All Dark Souls is fucking garbage compared to Demon's Souls. But Dark Souls 2 is still the worst one. If you disagree please try killing yourself again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom