Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

cRPG's you want most (that aren't being made)

Esterhaze

Augur
Jagged Alliance 2, Morrowind, and EU3 magna mundi make love child with character system from Prelude to Darkness.

Rake

Arcane
Not realy an RPG, but i would love a Sacrifice sequel on Kickstarter

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Besides the obvious (proper sequels to Bloodlines, Arcanum, M&M, Ultima, etc), I'd love a remake of/sequel to Albion. There have been a few one-man projects, but they've all fizzled out. I'd also be overjoyed to see a competent studio tackle an RPG set in the Malazan world.

I must congratulate you bros on excellent :obviously: tastes. I wish all of you become billionaires and make (or pay to make) games that you said you'd like. Cause 99% of the ideas sound awesome, and I'd like to play such games. :incline:

Roderick

Savant
A crpg (or cool adventure game) set in the Hellblazer/Swamp Thing universe (or a simmilar setting), where you are John Constantine or a magus like him

Bloodlines 2

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There is a sea of systems that handle Illusions in a much, much better way than AD&D - Mage and GURPS chiefly among them. There's certainly no reason to build a game around AD&D's few and shoddily defined Illusion-spells.

And no, the Illusionist has nothing to do with it, I have no idea what you're on about. All you get from being an Illusionist is an extra spell per day per spell level where you must memorize an illusion spell.
It would be cool to play an RPG or Adventure game were your primary means of interacting with the world is creating deceptions.

nb4 Road Runner the RPG.

tindrli

Arcane
i just dont know.. with all crappy sequels on the market ... maybe im just getting old.. hmmm defenetly KoDP 2, a proper Space rangers 3, a true isometric fallout 3, arcanum 2, an old school bard's tale, and FFS this

A Sci-fi, full party creation RPG would be nice. Turn based, of course.
must be isometric and 800 hours +
This is what we all need..

sadly "prospector" has been abandoned and it was great..

Xavin

Novice
My understanding was that illusionist spells weren't actually real, but could have real effects as long as they were believed in, and, unless you convince something they are dead, the effects can be completely reversed by simply seeing through the illusion. If your illusion caused damage, and then the creature figured out what was really happening, it would be as if the damage never existed, because technically it never existed in the first place. And the same concept applies to anything else you want to make an illusion of. I thought this was how AD&D illusionists functioned, but apparently not?

I guess what I really want is the mind-fuckery from that sort of concept, even if I didn't explain it well. I don't how how illusions work in other systems.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
hvuud.gif

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
A modern Uncharted Waters with your own creatable party, overland trade routes, addition of actual nations and division of political/economics control. Also, more tactical sea battles (with wind playing a major role) and duel mechanics with less randomness.

Borelli

Arcane
RPG in which you start at max lvl and you lose lvls bit by bit through the main story. Exactly like Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne undead campaign. When facing main boss you will be lvl 1 weakling. Strong theme of sacrifice.

RPG in which you start at max lvl and you lose lvls bit by bit through the main story. Exactly like Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne undead campaign. When facing main boss you will be lvl 1 weakling. Strong theme of sacrifice.

There was a kickstarter for a game like that. Can't remember if it succeeded, or what its name was though. I think it was more of a roguelike.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
A role-playing game where the evil Muslims have taken over the world and it is up to you to restore order and civilized way of life as we once knew it. It could take place in real-world locations.

Something along these lines:

"You are in what is left of London. It is noon."

Death and drek! You face Death itself in the form of:
88 ragheads,
46 suicide bombers,
14 nuclear scientists
and 3 Mad Imams."

An important element would be to have some hilarious humor and bad jokes thrown in. Of course it should be turn-based, but could have a front view of what is happening, this would allow for some animations old-skool-style.

The Pope would hand you some quests as well as some other world leaders and influential businessmen. An organized resistance would only be hinted at.

Endgame would take place in Teheran where you have to kill/banish/support/thank/diplomatically destroy the evil Ayatollah and his minions.

Feel free to add ideas.

Gulnar

Scholar
Does anyone know where are the people that made Sacrifice? Still in Shiny? Some other company?

Didn't they became part of Double Helix Games?
And yes, while i do not still have a firstborn, i would gladly sacrifice my neighbours for a new Sacrifice.
Huehuehue.

Dorateen

Arcane
In terms of sequels and lingering last installments of series, there never was a third game made for the Savage Frontier SSI Gold Boxes. That would have made a nice trilogy.

Would love to see a cRPG made with first person adventure/exploration. No prortraits, just names and statistics like a pnp character sheet. And switch to a tactical battle map for turn-based combat.

They could use pathfinder.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
A modern Uncharted Waters with your own creatable party, overland trade routes, addition of actual nations and division of political/economics control. Also, more tactical sea battles (with wind playing a major role) and duel mechanics with less randomness.

I recently played the original Uncharted Waters and enjoyed it all the way till the end. Part 2 was already fucked up though with all that JRPG stuff.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira

I recently played the original Uncharted Waters and enjoyed it all the way till the end. Part 2 was already fucked up though with all that JRPG stuff.
What's the jpg elements in 2? I haven't really noticed much difference between the two?

Stabwound

Arcane

There was a kickstarter for a game like that. Can't remember if it succeeded, or what its name was though. I think it was more of a roguelike.
Fall of Eternity. It looked like a Prosper production and apparently it failed both its kickstarter and indiegogo campaigns miserably:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/fall-of-eternity?c=activity

He says he's making the game regardless, but it looks physically revolting in its current state. You could honestly mistake it for a Prosper animation.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

What's the jpg elements in 2? I haven't really noticed much difference between the two?

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same game. I meant Uncharted Waters: New Horizons for the PC. From what I understand, it was the second game after the original Uncharted Waters.

The biggest change towards the worse is that now you run around as a small Zelda-type figure from house to house. I just can't stomach that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom