Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Haven't really played yet, but the UI is already more pleasing.

Yeah, they weren't kidding about "fancy" UI stuffs.

That's a nice before and after:

GwdswXZ.jpg
yIJRIs3.png

Maybe people will finally stop complaining about the relative lack of skeumorphic design compared to CK2? At the very least, Imperator shows that the current iteration of PDX isn't afraid to go to pretty extreme lengths to change things.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I like the patch so far the UI has improved. Heresies are less powerful now from what I can see.

mondblut

Arcane
Haven't really played yet, but the UI is already more pleasing.

Yeah, they weren't kidding about "fancy" UI stuffs.

That's a nice before and after:

GwdswXZ.jpg
yIJRIs3.png

Maybe people will finally stop complaining about the relative lack of skeumorphic design compared to CK2? At the very least, Imperator shows that the current iteration of PDX isn't afraid to go to pretty extreme lengths to change things.

Well, it does start looking like a PC game, not an android one. I look forward to playing it 16 major DLCs and 69 patches later.

cw8

Cipher
Not sure if it's the patch but I was able to join an alliance, join their calls for war, sit out and no raise a single troop to help them for the entirety of the war before they patched the game. Now if I do the same thing, my ally will bitch about how I did not do a single thing during the war and I stand to lose prestige or fame, either that or I pay some gold to appease him or actually do something about the war.

Tigranes

Arcane
Not sure if it's the patch but I was able to join an alliance, join their calls for war, sit out and no raise a single troop to help them for the entirety of the war before they patched the game. Now if I do the same thing, my ally will bitch about how I did not do a single thing during the war and I stand to lose prestige or fame, either that or I pay some gold to appease him or actually do something about the war.

This existed in 1.00 but I'm not sure when it fires. This has of course long been an issue with Pdox games, but I wish that alongside more consistent demands by your ally, you also had an option to support them in gold instead (like Crusades), or even to say "I assign General X with Y men" and they automatically join the meanderings of the ally troops. Nobody wants to fucking manually march over every time your ally declares war on Count Bumblefuck of Bumblehovel

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

This existed in 1.00 but I'm not sure when it fires. This has of course long been an issue with Pdox games, but I wish that alongside more consistent demands by your ally, you also had an option to support them in gold instead (like Crusades), or even to say "I assign General X with Y men" and they automatically join the meanderings of the ally troops. Nobody wants to fucking manually march over every time your ally declares war on Count Bumblefuck of Bumblehovel

Which raises the question where the fuck the attach to army option went.

Which raises the question where the fuck the attach to army option went.

I dearly wish Paradox would just add some kind of "attack-move" command like every other RTS has had for around 25 years. They keep adding so many provinces that chasing the AI around becomes impossible unless you are heavily zoomed in and at low speed to click every time the AI moves.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Turns out the people behind When the World Stopped Making Sense are already working on a similar mod for CK3. :)

So far they've announced 476 and 535 as start dates. Something 4th or so might come later on, but understandably the farther back one goes, the more work is required (almost exponentially). The only plus side to working on earlier start dates is often better historical documentation.

Their CK2 map for 476, if anyone is unfamiliar with the period:

DjxCCYR.png

Incline, etc. Oh, and I found the GitHub repo for it, if anyone is interested.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Good to know you're still kicking, Mags. ^^

And yeah, I'm about to spend way more time with CK3 now that it's finally been patched. (Though in general I spend too much time waiting on Paradox games ... it always feels like there's a DLC or update, or hell, even just a patch or hotfix worth waiting on before getting (/back) into them. Kinda a holding pattern...)

Shadenuat

Arcane
Finished giant tribal war sacrifice in Africa. tens of thousands of africans killed each other until I got enough prisoners for 3k+ piety. after which, I came to them and said: k enough with human sacrifices, we just dance instead now. also we build castles.
it's Ok for a while I guess, but turns routine&easy quick.
strange how tribes/barbarians supposed to be about who is stronger but I just played diplomacy all the time.
also, claim kingdom through intrigue (meritocracy) - never I became a king easier in CK, ever.
nice partition of everything (due to feudalism resetting gender laws) in hands of 2 black women (1 lesbo) and 1 african/german black blonde son (who got just some scraps). :shittydog:
eh if only I did it so sister could marry her brother.
I like options on release from prison and custom feudal contracts
and some other little things

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom