Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In my experience, 1st person makes you feel like a horse with blinders because the FOV of the screen is more narrow than what a normal man has. 3rd person fixes that, but also makes every scene a little more demanding on the hardware, and allows you to cheat by peeking around corners without presenting a target. Generally 3rd person is better in more open environments and 1st person should normally be more suitable for a game set in a city. Especially if the game's story revolves so much around body modifications, transhumanism, etc. Also, it's one thing to be crawling through ventilation shafts or jumping into sewers from 3rd person and another to be doing it from 1st person.

norolim

Arcane
You're not a very pleasant person, are you? It's exhausting reading through all this 'dumbfuck' this, 'moron' that, let alone participating in it. Do you have to be like this every time you disagree with someone?
Fuck it. I guess I'm the old fart now.

If you need a safe space m8, here is a place I can recommend. Or grow some skin.

Grimlorn

Arcane
1560301638182.jpg
I didn't realize the drink was called ChroMantiCure. Flavors you'd love to mix. Good stuff. CD Projekt strikes again.

Yosharian

Arcane
You're not a very pleasant person, are you? It's exhausting reading through all this 'dumbfuck' this, 'moron' that, let alone participating in it. Do you have to be like this every time you disagree with someone?
Fuck it. I guess I'm the old fart now.

If you need a safe space m8, here is a place I can recommend. Or grow some skin.
Trying to see how this tired, unimaginative attempt at a burn is relevant to my post... nope, can't see it...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got happy when I read they added stealth, but then I saw they still have npc levels. Would prefer them going full Deus Ex instead of arbitrary levels that make some cyberbandits stronger.

passerby

Arcane
I like the male voice; it has that...something, fits with the ambitious young man who is courageous only cos he doesn't know enough and about to get hit in the gut by life...spirit.

This voice reminds me Jessie Pinkman from Breaking Bad. Much more natural than female V, which tries too hard to be badass.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Little surprising, RED Engine was already preferring nvidia cards with Witcher 3:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-partnership-ray-tracing/
Cyberpunk 2077: NVIDIA Partnership Brings Ray Tracing To Hugely-Anticipated Game
By Andrew Burnes on June 11, 2019 | GeForce RTX GPUsTuringFeatured StoriesE3 2019NVIDIA RTXRay Tracing
Cyberpunk 2077 is perhaps the most anticipated game of current times, with over 100 E3 2018 awards for its unveiling, and unprecedented interest for every screenshot and update since. Coming to you from the developers of the critically-acclaimed The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Cyberpunk 2077 is set in a future metropolis called Night City, starring “V”, a hired gun on the rise in a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers.

Featuring CD PROJEKT RED’s hallmark concept of choices and consequences, players will face difficult decisions that ripple through the entire game, and will have unprecedented choice on how to tackle missions and scenarios. And of course, everything will play out at an incredible level of detail, beyond anything previously seen, just as it did in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

For Cyberpunk 2077, we’ve partnered with CD PROJEKT RED as an official technology partner to bring real-time ray tracing to the game.

“Cyberpunk 2077 is an incredibly ambitious game, mixing first person perspective and deep role-playing, while also creating an intricate and immersive world in which to tell this story. We believe the world of Cyberpunk will greatly benefit from the realistic lighting that ray tracing delivers,” said Matt Wuebbling, head of GeForce marketing at NVIDIA.

For a first look at real-time ray tracing in Cyberpunk 2077, check out these exclusive 4K gameplay screenshots:

“Ray tracing allows us to realistically portray how light behaves in a crowded urban environment,” said Adam Badowski, Head of Studio, CD PROJEKT RED. “Thanks to this technology, we can add another layer of depth and verticality to the already impressive megacity the game takes place in.”

If you happen to be at E3, swing by Booth 1023 in the South Hall to check out real-time ray tracing in action in the latest Cyberpunk 2077 E3 demo presentation.

And for additional news on Cyberpunk 2077 and this exciting partnership stay tuned to GeForce.com.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Look, i ain't shooting no guns in third person, and "muh melee is better in third person" isn't even a constant given the Witcher or Gothic aren't paragons of great gameplay.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I didn't say there's no great melee third person games, i said third person isn't going to instantly guarantee melee combat is going to be great and with guns in the mix first person is quite clearly the better choice.

sullynathan

Arcane
I didn't say there's no great melee third person games, i said third person isn't going to instantly guarantee melee combat is going to be great.
Usually it implies it, but really, CDPR would be the reason that the melee combat wouldn't be great instead of the perspective.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
If the differences were so minimal, there wouldn't be such vast mechanical differences between third and first person shooting. Go play Mass Effect or Gears please.
There wont be any mechanical difference if someone just mods TP into this game imbecile.
And the differences are not "vast" in any case. If there are any at all. Dont care what retarded games you played either.

No, thats saved only for actual dumbfucks and morons. And you can go fuck yourself and your exhaust.

Look, i ain't shooting no guns in third person, and "muh melee is better in third person" isn't even a constant given the Witcher or Gothic aren't paragons of great gameplay.
Lyric... for fuck sake.

Do i have magical powers to remove the FP pov from this game?

What the FUCK AM I TALKING ABOUT?

sullynathan

Arcane
This is a wasted conversation but both first person and third person can work in a shooting open world game. Red dead redemption 2 already did it well. Since the combat of cyberpunk won't be that good, you wouldn't lose much by having both

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lyric... for fuck sake.

Do i have magical powers to remove the FP pov from this game?

What the FUCK AM I TALKING ABOUT?

I see people complain this isn't third person like The Witcher, and i respond to it. The Witcher doesn't have guns, where as this one does. Yeah we've been shown some melee options but you know you are probably going to spend 90% of your time shooting shit and for that first person is the better choice.

Danikas

Arcane
This is a wasted conversation but both first person and third person can work in a shooting open world game. Red dead redemption 2 already did it well. Since the combat of cyberpunk won't be that good, you wouldn't lose much by having both
Shooting was shit in Rdr 2, what are you smoking?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom