Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zer0wing

Cipher
I was struggling with a problem - the next generation nvidia cards would be out around the end of the year, but Cyberpunk was going to be out on Sept 17. In that case, I was thinking, I'll have to do one non-RTX and one RTX playthrough.
It only good if much better value wise RTX 3070 gets launched in october or early november. AyyMD RT capabilities are still questionable. Then yes, it makes sense and makes Cyberpunk a killer app for ampere and navi 2x GPUs. Two will boost each others sales. Otherwise this move doesn't make any sense.
Next-gen patch will only be out in 2021, they said it before.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
You have to wonder if this delay is worth avoiding the Witcher 3 post-launch period again when they basically kept patching it on weekly basis, if not every few days sometimes.

Darkzone

Arcane
I was struggling with a problem - the next generation nvidia cards would be out around the end of the year, but Cyberpunk was going to be out on Sept 17. In that case, I was thinking, I'll have to do one non-RTX and one RTX playthrough.
Geforce Now !?

Zer0wing

Cipher
You have to wonder if this delay is worth avoiding the Witcher 3 post-launch period again when they basically kept patching it on weekly basis, if not every few days sometimes.
I'm pretty sure with such fucked in the head management, they have no chances of avoiding TW3 post-launch period with CP2077 since they're still making the same errors.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Downgrading the gfx takes more time than we thought
Puhlease be patient and enjoy the summer
Oh wait
Enjoy the summer from your lockdown space and be safe

AliceAlcina

Learned
On the other hand, calling a game or whatever "Cyberpunk" is also dumb and will conjure expectations. I mena, what is next, a game called "Space Opera 2239" or "High Fantasy -4310".

They were trying to be edgy edgelords. It doesn't bother me, have you ever read some novel titles?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ll-get-day-one-patch-to-work-on-playstation-5

Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 will get a free upgrade for PlayStation 5
Before a "more robust" next-gen version down the line.

Cyberpunk 2077's PS4 version will be playable on PlayStation 5 as soon as the game launches, developer CD Projekt Red has said.

Anyone with a PS4 copy will be able to play that on PS5 and receive a free update to improve the game's visuals on Sony's next-gen machine.

The news, confirmed last night in an investor call, follows CD Projekt Red's announcement in February it would support Microsoft's Smart Delivery initiative for Xbox - meaning the free upgrade will work the same there for Xbox One copies on Xbox Series X.

The developer further clarified that this would not be the final update to buff the next-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077. A beefier version of the game optimised for Microsoft and Sony's new machines will follow down the line - perhaps some time down the line - but again be available to PS4 and Xbox One owners free of charge.

"I can confirm this is not the final update," CD Projekt exec Michał Nowakowski said. "At some point we will have a more robust update for next-gen which we plan to give free of charge to anyone who purchases the PS4 or Xbox One version.

"But in any case you will be able to play the game on next-gen from 19th November when the game releases and it will look better than on current-gen from that moment as well."

When questioned on the timing of the "proper" next-gen version, CD Projekt could not confirm it would arrive in 2021.

With yesterday's delay of Cyberpunk 2077 until 19th November, CD Projekt unsurprsingly acknowledged that the game's unannounced single-player expansions and mysterious multiplayer portion would also shuffle back.

Single-player expansions are not "in a drawer" somewhere but still need to be made, the developer said, while multiplayer was still "distant" anyway.

One final note - CD Projekt's comments suggest the developer is working under the assumption PlayStation 5 will be available by the release of Cyberpunk 2077 on 19th November. All things can get delayed, of course, but it's promising to hear the game could be playable on next-gen straight away.

Harthwain

Magister
Jesus You should love me, not condemn me, o Lord. Also, save us from the corona!

Don't mock God and don't use His name in vain.
BioShock_No_gods_or_kings.jpg

Naraya

Arcane
It will be interesting to see the chaos caused by this delay as I am pretty sure game publishers scheduled game releases around the September release date of the CP2077 behemoth.

As for delay itself, I am sad of course but I am not very worried in general. There is no denying that SARS-CoV-2 had an impact on the development process and we might never know how big it was. Personally I hope one of the big 3 (Kiciński / Iwiński / Badowski) publishes a book down the line about the real CD Projekt history so we know how it looked from the inside.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Geforce Now !?
Is this a streaming service or something?

BTW, Guru3D are saying pretty much what I said here:
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/cyberpunk-2077-delayed-to-november-19-2020.html
The game's next margeting event is still up for June 25, and will bring new information. It is also worth mentioning that, after this delay, Cyberpunk 2077 would arrive in stores almost at the same time as the new consoles and new GPUs from both AMD and Nvidia.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Personally I hope one of the big 3 (Kiciński / Iwiński / Badowski) publishes a book down the line about the real CD Projekt history so we know how it looked from the inside.
Not gonna happen until a big chunk of time after, or rather a big IF, CDPR goes bankrupt and ceases to exist and these three get kicked out off the hill of the game industry. Closest thing to an inside look we have right now that is not sugar coated with PR (like NoClips "documentaries") talk is 2 hours long Witcher 1 development history documentary, which I can't find on youtube now.

Naraya

Arcane
Personally I hope one of the big 3 (Kiciński / Iwiński / Badowski) publishes a book down the line about the real CD Projekt history so we know how it looked from the inside.
Not gonna happen until a big chunk of time after, or rather a big IF, CDPR goes bankrupt and ceases to exist and these three get kicked out off the hill of the game industry. Closest thing to an inside look we have right now that is not sugar coated with PR (like NoClips "documentaries") talk is 2 hours long Witcher 1 development history documentary, which I can't find on youtube now.
Yeah I meant in the next 10-20 years. As for the docu you mention, I think I've seen it. Does it include things like mocap-sessions etc.? It was very interesting to watch.

I think I've seen most of the currently existing stuff about CD Projekt.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom