Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Beowulf

Arcane
At least jornalists are actually playing this now at the moment so we will finally get previews.

I have no doubts every single one of them will praise the game. It's a feedback loop - the game is hyped and a very hot topic, so the journos will cover it to get some more clicks/views, and will rate it positively, as negative opinions diminish the interest in the topic, in consequence increasing the hype and so on.
Look at the AC, GTA or similar releases.

It has almost nothing to do with the game itself. But yeah, that might mean more gameplay videos.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
At least jornalists are actually playing this now at the moment so we will finally get previews.

I have no doubts every single one of them will praise the game. It's a feedback loop - the game is hyped and a very hot topic, so the journos will cover it to get some more clicks/views, and will rate it positively, as negative opinions diminish the interest in the topic, in consequence increasing the hype and so on.
Look at the AC, GTA or similar releases.

It has almost nothing to do with the game itself. But yeah, that might mean more gameplay videos.

Maybe I'm looking at some flukes, but it honestly seems like RPG fans are the likeliest to rip into games. Doubly so if they liked previous offering. I'm not talking about shitty journos here, but actual paying customers as far as genre divides go. You need a cataclysmic scandal-tier for a hyped TPS or FPS to get flagellated by their audience. Like what's going on with The Last of Us 2 right now, for example.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
This game is going to be complete TRASH! I told ya i had a bad feeling about it. It has been in development for many years, and even changed game engines.... My opinion that this is going to suck was solidified the moment i saw Keanu Reeves. Keanu Reeves means the game is trash and needs Hollywood celebrities to fool people.

Keep in mind that ALL 3 Witcher games were REALLY BAD at release, in terms of bugs and optimization. All 3. The first 2 even released "enhanced editions" (=actually non-beta versions). Now we have a game that went through extreme development hell + got delayed constantly + hired VIP actors for promo....

Anyone having high hopes at this point is delusional. Deus Ex Mankind Divided will remain the best AAA cyberpunk game for the foreseeable future.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Good.

Now my armada of collector's editions for PC will surely all be sold at an obnoxious price because around Christmans, every faggot has money to spend.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
As for the spergs who think i "lost the argument" about CDPR's financials, please, by all means, cancel those pre-orders and see how their financials change this year.... Truth is, every moron in the West preordered this shit 1-2 years ago (especially most "hardcore incline monocled codexers"), that is why CDPR seems so profitable. They won't make as much money after release for that reason. Especially if that game is a travesty and fails to deliver....

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Oh fuck you, CDPR. They've ruined all that fucking "pro-consumer" goodwill they've built in little less than a year, what a waste.
But at least they're incloosive and woke. Isn't pandering to a tiny minority of fags and trannies worth all the delays, cut features, bugs and lack of polish?

Imagine how much worse the game would be if it didn't let a dangerhair meticulously replicate its butchered genitalia.

Danikas

Arcane
As for the spergs who think i "lost the argument" about CDPR's financials, please, by all means, cancel those pre-orders and see how their financials change this year.... Truth is, every moron in the West preordered this shit 1-2 years ago (especially most "hardcore incline monocled codexers"), that is why CDPR seems so profitable. They won't make as much money after release for that reason. Especially if that game is a travesty and fails to deliver....
Only retards preorder as for me:
comment_1592228575xw3GuWmmpiHKwiBRtWyv4Y,w400.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher
Because mate they aren't going for the late 70s and early 80s-style cyberpunk (actual cyberpunk) but post-modern (2010 onwards) cyber "look" (not punk) where everything is slick and everyone's clothes have glowing LED strips on them. Realistically the game should be called Cyber2077 but whatever.

And yeah, it's essentially cyber GTA. Nothing controversial though, they were pretty open about wanting a GTA 5 clone from day one, calling Rockstar the best company ever and GTA 5 the best game ever. Good for them.

The bottom line? This game is neither punk nor an RPG but we are living in a neo-liberal age where everything can be everything and marketing knows no bounds (e.g. Disco being touted as an open-world game and the most faithful representation of tabletop gaming ever, despite lacking fundamental characteristics to qualify as either).

Transmetropolitan - the game

p1_15%2Bcopy.jpg

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Because mate they aren't going for the late 70s and early 80s-style cyberpunk (actual cyberpunk) but post-modern (2010 onwards) cyber "look" (not punk) where everything is slick and everyone's clothes have glowing LED strips on them. Realistically the game should be called Cyber2077 but whatever.
Have you read Snow Crash? The book is almost a parody on original cyberpunk. CP2077 looks like someone did read the book, but didn't get that it's not so serious in its aesthetics.

Wesp5

Arcane
Have you read Snow Crash? The book is almost a parody on original cyberpunk.

Really? I always thought it was just poorly written compared to Gibson's books. Which indeed play sometimes during the day, even in bright desert if I remember correctly. No Blade Runner always night...

Gerrard

Arcane
Any details about confirmed firearms? Can i snipe people with anti materiel rifles + explosive 14.5x114mm rounds?
Yes, if you shoot them in the head 8 times.
I 100% believe the Glassdoor reviews now. Goddamn is the management at CDPR a pack of retards. “Oh boohoo we know you guys aren’t going to trust us anymore :(“ yeah I wonder what your fucking employees think of your incompetence? I expect to see a massive exodus once this game ships, people there must be pissed at how badly this game has been managed. They better hope it reviews fucking amazingly or else they’re really going to be feeling it.
I expect and demand and expect again the review bombing at Glassdoor shortly after the game releases.

Oh shit, how much of a feature creep CP2077 had become?
Feature creep? It won't even have half the things they promised at the start.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Feature creep? It won't even have half the things they promised at the start.
Then I'm out of guesses of what's taking them so long. Only that their management hadn't learnt any lessons from Witcher 3 development.

Doktor Best

Arcane
This game is going to be complete TRASH! I told ya i had a bad feeling about it. It has been in development for many years, and even changed game engines.... My opinion that this is going to suck was solidified the moment i saw Keanu Reeves. Keanu Reeves means the game is trash and needs Hollywood celebrities to fool people.

Keep in mind that ALL 3 Witcher games were REALLY BAD at release, in terms of bugs and optimization. All 3. The first 2 even released "enhanced editions" (=actually non-beta versions). Now we have a game that went through extreme development hell + got delayed constantly + hired VIP actors for promo....

Anyone having high hopes at this point is delusional. Deus Ex Mankind Divided will remain the best AAA cyberpunk game for the foreseeable future.

Are you a politician by chance? I mean your "talking out of your ass" speech skills are impeccable.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Cyberfunk 2077 will be nice arcade action shooter / platformer. Additional months are needed to add more platforms for jumping at. Game where you can create men with vagina and women with penis can't be good or normal. Just no.
Too much india travelling can fuck a brain.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fine whatever need to upgrade my PC anyway

They might as well stop downgrading the graphics and make it a next gen release for consoles at this point

Oh fuck you, CDPR. They've ruined all that fucking "pro-consumer" goodwill they've built in little less than a year, what a waste.

I guess the next console launches would be around that timeframe too.

Then I'm out of guesses of what's taking them so long. Only that their management hadn't learnt any lessons from Witcher 3 development.

IMO this delay is purely for marketing reasons. All the talk about "we want to ship it when it's done" is bullshit for the masses.

I was struggling with a problem - the next generation nvidia cards would be out around the end of the year, but Cyberpunk was going to be out on Sept 17. In that case, I was thinking, I'll have to do one non-RTX and one RTX playthrough.

It all comes into place when they delay it for November - the new consoles will be out or soon out, the new videocards will probably be out already. This will only drive sales for Cyberpunk.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I was struggling with a problem - the next generation nvidia cards would be out around the end of the year, but Cyberpunk was going to be out on Sept 17.

Ampere comes out in September actually so you would have been able to upgrade around the same time the game was supposed to come out

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom