Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Smog/overcast is mandatory in -punk, its just the way things have to be.

Saduj

Arcane
You are so stupid, you don't know what to say. Instead of admiting that i am correct, and you are wrong, you double down on stupidity.

Physician, heal thyself! You were proven wrong on CDProject's finances with publicly available facts and instead of just admitting it or at least shutting up, you tried to go on the attack again while moving the goalposts. Pathetic, transparent ploy.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The problem is the tone, the artstyle, the atmosphere, which this game completely fails.

I mean look at this shit:

Lx4G9Hr.png
cwS8ITH.png
VK1ksEy.png

If not for the gadgets and the sleeker architecture and this could've very well passed off as GTA5 screenshots.

Because mate they aren't going for the late 70s and early 80s-style cyberpunk (actual cyberpunk) but post-modern (2010 onwards) cyber "look" (not punk) where everything is slick and everyone's clothes have glowing LED strips on them. Realistically the game should be called Cyber2077 but whatever.

And yeah, it's essentially cyber GTA. Nothing controversial though, they were pretty open about wanting a GTA 5 clone from day one, calling Rockstar the best company ever and GTA 5 the best game ever. Good for them.

The bottom line? This game is neither punk nor an RPG but we are living in a neo-liberal age where everything can be everything and marketing knows no bounds (e.g. Disco being touted as an open-world game and the most faithful representation of tabletop gaming ever, despite lacking fundamental characteristics to qualify as either).

Darkzone

Arcane
Heresy? The greeks will disagree with you. But i will only state that: Vangelis was and is more known in the broader audience. But it may change due to Stranger Things. I liked Vangelis also in this group:
I've nothing against Vangelis but forgot to write "in the same sentence with synthwave." I'm getting old and out of touch, but I cant' help but to notice that everything in synthwave has been done long before these synthwave artists were even born. Hell, I'm older than this Perturbator. But not so out of touch that I'd think they could just use the oldskool stuff like in the movies, having modern day artists featured will anchor this vidya to the present and the present day vision of the future, and that's what CD Projekt wants.
The bird sings a song, other birds here the song and sing along. There wouldn't be synthwave if the foundation wasn't that good. Yes it has been done before and will be done again, but that is not a bad thing. No, it is good. Each generation should give the good things to the coming generation, because this is how we build up and evolve our culture. And it's is not a question of age, but of the attitude. The artists that CDPRe'tar'ds have used will be soon forgoten and thrown into the garbage bin of bad things in music history, while the oldskool stuff would survive the test of time.
In smooth jazz i'm not so versed, but i think that Klemmer, Hardcastle or Culberson would be a nice add.

what a weird discussion. Synthwave and retro 80s is so worn out right now. On the other hand, calling a game or whatever "Cyberpunk" is also dumb and will conjure expectations. I mena, what is next, a game called "Space Opera 2239" or "High Fantasy -4310".
My guess would that they called it Cyberpunk because the RPG system, that they do not use anymore is called Cyberpunk 2020. But an more important question: Are you THE 80s Stallone, that is making here a joke? If yes then let me say that "Driven" is good, but i couldn't get into the rest. Not even quite into Death Race (not dark enough) and Radio Wave (to repetitive).

Max Headroom, the only worthwhile cyberpunk television series ever created
Yeah, GitS: Stand Alone Complex exists so no...
Both are the best in their own domain. GitS:SAC is for me one of the best anime series. While Max Headroom presents an dystopian polluted and broken down world ruled by corporations and mass media, the GitS:SAC concentrates on a changed society where the borders between human and machines are going extinct. In GitS:SAC there exist also a world like that in Max Headroom, but we are never witnessing it, since it stays on in the Clean Niihama-shi (New Port city).
So the worlds in the series are so diffent that it is hard to scale and rate them.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
They want that $$$ for being launch title on new consoles and 60fps on new consoles with max details for sure will give reviewers extra bling to score them better.

Smart choice.

NullFlow

Savant
First delay I can understand, but the second? My uneducated opinion is that they got overwhelmed by the scale and are flailing around. I can remember many complaints about CDPR's development process from former and present staffers about how many times they've had to scrap ideas and rework their game because the studio heads have no solid plans basically, and it's probably the same here. The next gen consoles also likely play a part in the need to delay. Badowski saying that the crunch won't be as severe as TW3 is hilariously bullshit now that they've had to delay again.

Last edited:

frajaq

Erudite
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fine whatever need to upgrade my PC anyway

RepHope

Savant
EazneGsWsAMp5ok

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1273647385294626816

Not surprising but just confirms the theory that Cyberpunk 2077's development is a complete clusterfuck
I 100% believe the Glassdoor reviews now. Goddamn is the management at CDPR a pack of retards. “Oh boohoo we know you guys aren’t going to trust us anymore :(“ yeah I wonder what your fucking employees think of your incompetence? I expect to see a massive exodus once this game ships, people there must be pissed at how badly this game has been managed. They better hope it reviews fucking amazingly or else they’re really going to be feeling it.

Hellion

Arcane
The real winner from this situation is probably Fargo. Having a good 3 months between the release of Wasteland 3 and Cyberpunk should benefit inXile.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I 100% believe the Glassdoor reviews now. Goddamn is the management at CDPR a pack of retards. “Oh boohoo we know you guys aren’t going to trust us anymore :(“ yeah I wonder what your fucking employees think of your incompetence? I expect to see a massive exodus once this game ships, people there must be pissed at how badly this game has been managed. They better hope it reviews fucking amazingly or else they’re really going to be feeling it.
I expect and demand and expect again the review bombing at Glassdoor shortly after the game releases.

Oh shit, how much of a feature creep CP2077 had become? It's said be shorter than The Witcher 3 and having a smaller map.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom