Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Semiurge

Cipher
And it is not about what you like, but it is about how you argument for it.

Riiiiiight....

I could go into detail about why it would be cool if the game only featured artists that I like, but what's the point when artistic tastes are so subjectively personal and any attempts at conversion are usually fruitless? In other words, unless you are surrounded by others with the same tastes, you can only lose. You yourself may be the example of what happens when personal tastes are "at war", you are trying to bait me to start a flamewar over music in video games. I may not like CD Projekt's choices but at least they make some sense from their point of view.

Last edited:

bat_boro

Arcane
So some journalists gets to play the game but normal gamers can't even watch their gameplay video?

Now why do you think that is...?

reviews.jpg

Readher

Savant
They keep delaying the game, they delayed the event due to BLM boogeymen (you should've seen the shit they've got for that in Poland, lmao), now when there's that rare occasion they allow anyone to play the game they don't allow recording any footage. The game was supposed to be out 2 months ago and you're not allowing any footage? Seriously? Can't wait to read hyped-up bullshit from journos again instead of being able to see for myself. Remember how they claimed the game was literally ultimate next-gen and evolution of gaming and when they released the footage to the public it was literally nothing special?

jf8350143

Liturgist
IDK, what could they be worried about - visuals, railroaded-ness?

They already went through all the trouble to remove the story parts so it won't spoil the game, why would they forbid recording gameplay video? Even the journalists would want to record it because a video is definitely gonna make more money for them then writing a vague article we have already read three times before.

Unless they are going to hide the game until the very last moment, otherwise there is no reason for them to do so. It only hurts their reputation.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
maybe their game barely hits 15 fps on consoles.
I doubt it's that bad, in fact I was worried last time I watched the trailer that the models' body detail reminded me too much of Fallout 4.

They already went through all the trouble to remove the story parts so it won't spoil the game, why would they forbid recording gameplay video? Even the journalists would want to record it because a video is definitely gonna make more money for them then writing a vague article we have already read three times before.

Unless they are going to hide the game until the very last moment, otherwise there is no reason for them to do so. It only hurts their reputation.
It is a mystery indeed. What could they be worried about - open areas may turn out to be less open than advertised? Or footage of shooting at police/black people, or some other political bullshit?

Naraya

Arcane
That would be my guess. I assume they are going to start the hype* machine any day now and they don't want anyone to spoil things.

*I know the hype machine is working for some time now but I mean the last-push-kind-of imminent release hype campaign.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Why should they bother showing anything at this point?

Everyone already thinks Cyberpunk 2077 is the best game ever. Go to any comment section or social network ans say anything even remotely negative about it and watch countless people defend a game they never played.

jf8350143

Liturgist
That would be my guess. I assume they are going to start the hype* machine any day now and they don't want anyone to spoil things.

*I know the hype machine is working for some time now but I mean the last-push-kind-of imminent release hype campaign.
Wouldn't gameplay video recorded by the people actually playing it generate more hype comparing to a dry article?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why should they bother showing anything at this point?

Everyone already thinks Cyberpunk 2077 is the best game ever. Go to any comment section or social network ans say anything even remotely negative about it and watch countless people defend a game they never played.
On the other hand, that's a pretty risky reputation to have.

just

Liturgist
cant wait for all the journo quotes how they were blown away by the game. how is it miles better than last year (when they were also blown away)

ChildInTime

Savant
They keep delaying the game, they delayed the event due to BLM boogeymen (you should've seen the shit they've got for that in Poland, lmao), now when there's that rare occasion they allow anyone to play the game they don't allow recording any footage. The game was supposed to be out 2 months ago and you're not allowing any footage? Seriously? Can't wait to read hyped-up bullshit from journos again instead of being able to see for myself. Remember how they claimed the game was literally ultimate next-gen and evolution of gaming and when they released the footage to the public it was literally nothing special?

(you should've seen the shit they've got for that in Poland, lmao)

Please, tell us more, I think we all need some laughs.

just

Liturgist

i'm more excited about this than game

Readher

Savant

i'm more excited about this than game

Well, it's not really that interesting to talk about. It's just that pretty much every article talking about it was full of comments that they've sold out to the West, that they're supporting thieves and people who destroy cities and, most importantly, vandalise monuments of Polish national heroes (like Kościuszko). Everyone was saying they'll just pirate the game now and that CDP can fuck off. Moderators could barely keep up.

If anyone still has any doubts about protester IQs being in the range of 40-70, here's an excerpt from the article:

Kościuszko also fought for the rights of national and racial minorities. In his will, he donated a portion of his estate to free black slaves belonging to Thomas Jefferson, one of the founding fathers of the United States. However, Jefferson did not fulfil Kościuszko’s testament.

Kościuszko also bequeathed sums for the education of freed Afro-American slaves to enable them to function normally in society. According to many historians, he was ahead of his time with this will.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom