Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well, thats what we all wanted to see, right?

zlg4rmT.jpg
Geee those racist gamers are everywhere,doesn't even have a black shlong! Also what is wrong with those feet ??

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You're talking to the guy who thinks The Last of Us is the game of the decade or some shit.
Fucking hell and here I thought it couldn't get any funnier.

It would be funny if it wasn't fake news.

For a supposedly overpopulated urban center it sure looks sparse
It's just enough in a videogame. The last thing I want to see in the game is this. Walking around would be a pain in the ass, just like in real life. You have to design a game so it is actually practical, and not just looks good.

crowds-of-people-crossing-street-on-zebra-crossing-in-new-york--usa-1161240357-8611563635fb4c9cb95b0cb66c34b85e.jpg

Unwanted

†††

Patron
randomly generated bots with two lines of the dialogue density is the factor by which the quality of a RPG should be measured.

When actual RPG mechanics get shafted in favor of "immershun", you better hope they get the immershun part right

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Sleeping Dogs
Yeah,it is my favourite gta like game,shame that it didn't get a sequel. I want more asian shit,tired of all the western muh gayz and muh niggers culture.
I still like the old top down GTA games that were focused on more arcade fun and spree killing people more than anything new but Sleeping Dogs was the most fun I had in a proper 3D one for sure. The martial arts was also a good fit for the game and made sense with you being an undercover cop that could still pop some moles from time to time. I want one set in Singapore, that would be cool. Or how about a GTA clone set in Russia? That would kick ass.

For all this American gangster pop culture bullshit we also haven't actually ever got a proper Somalian assrapist gang warfare GTA, or one where you get to go full grimdark in Mexican cartel mode. So I would still like to see that too just for the sake of novelty.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That is some next level copium you're huffing if you think the game is a masterpiece just because there are GTA: Vice City (2002) amounts of NPCs on screen at the same time. Yeah, those are some real crowds there kek. WTF, this game is Deus Ex tier now!
You're talking to the guy who thinks The Last of Us is the game of the decade or some shit.
Do you have some evidence for this, or are you just talking out of your ass?
You know you are doing a good job at putting special needs kids in their place when you have a fanclub of raging butthurt following you across the codex threads to pour out their pain. It's a whole group of them, crying like despoiled virgins. Which in a way they are :lol:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Geee people,it is a 7 year old game,it was obvious that it would be on the same tech level as all those other ps4 games. Retarded fanboys really do love to run off with the delusion how games will become like the real world and it will be glorious how you will fuck some cute girl in the vr universe while sweatily jerking off in your gamer stool while crackling under your fat.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

lol it really does have sliders and options for dick and vag

also "Voice tone: Feminine"? what the FUCK is this TRANSPHOBIC BULLSHIT cdpr
The outrage reminded me of The Dictator, if we replaced the words male and female with some third word: "which do you want to hear first - the Aladeen news or the Aladeen news?"

Geee people,it is a 7 year old game,it was obvious that it would be on the same tech level as all those other ps4 games. Retarded fanboys really do love to run off with the delusion how games will become like the real world and it will be glorious how you will fuck some cute girl in the vr universe while sweatily jerking off in your gamer stool while crackling under your fat.
What do you mean by "tech level"? The graphics will be more advanced, but ofc that's the easiest thing to advance in a videogame nowadays.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What do you mean by "tech level"? The graphics will be more advanced, but ofc that's the easiest thing to advance in a videogame nowadays.
:hmmm:

Every console generation represent the sealing for how advanced games can be. The game was conceptualized more than seven years ago and was build up to be a 4th generation console game. It will have the same limitations as those games and it will look pretty much the same. You could use better graphical settings and shit,but i doubt that it will be well optimized.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Holy shit guys, have you played Sleeping Dogs? More than 12+ NPCs are visible at the same time, look at these bustling streets! Even more people around in HK than in Night Shitty! Game of the fucking century and RPG game of the year!

CqHOjMr.gif

Yeah, do you have new info or not? Graphics settings were posted in this thread earlier and there was no density options.

Why you ragging on Sleepy Dogs?

AwesomeButton

Patron
Every console generation represent the sealing for how advanced games can be.
Nothing of the sort. First, PC-only games keep appearing where you can bump your graphics higher than what the consoles could support. Second, multiplatform games get updated releases for PC and for the updated consoles. Third, modding a PC game can push you beyond the max settings even for PC. If you have the hardware, and are prepared to play shit games just for the graphix, the consoles aren't enforcing a ceiling.

Gerrard

Arcane
That is some next level copium you're huffing if you think the game is a masterpiece just because there are GTA: Vice City (2002) amounts of NPCs on screen at the same time. Yeah, those are some real crowds there kek. WTF, this game is Deus Ex tier now!
Do you have some evidence for this, or are you just talking out of your ass?
Maybe that exact phrase was some other popamole enabler, doesn't really matter that much.
The Last of Us is amazingly good. It is a fact.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's just enough in a videogame. The last thing I want to see in the game is this. Walking around would be a pain in the ass, just like in real life.

tTysHZN.jpg
This actually proves my point. If I had to deal with this crowd everytime I walk on the street, I would burn my copy of the game. Thankfully Hitman doesn't feature this in every level.

Terenty

Liturgist
It's just enough in a videogame. The last thing I want to see in the game is this. Walking around would be a pain in the ass, just like in real life.

tTysHZN.jpg
This actually proves my point. If I had to deal with this crowd everytime I walk on the street, I would burn my copy of the game. Thankfully Hitman doesn't feature this in every level.
That's why Deus Ex in an open world is a pipe dream that will never be realised. If you have a giant city it needs to be full of brain dead AI pedestrians that kill any desire to play the game the moment you interact with them. If you have only npc that you can meaningfully interact with ala Deus Ex then it's gonna be a ghost town. Even Rockstar with its billions of dollars can't realise anything on that scale(although what they did in Rdr 2 with npcs is pretty cool)

In the case of CP2077 it's just funny seeing all that hype of the living breathing city of your dreams turning out to be both sparse on npcs and them being brain dead at the same time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom