Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why are you people paying attention to journohomo opinions to begin with? The only thing that matters is the Kodex Kritical Konsensus.
Because if this thread is anything to go by, the Kodex Kritical Konsesus is a rotting shitbag, which worth just as much as the journohomo's opinion, just on the other end of the spectrum.
You seem upset.
Not really upset, it's just I'm tired that the Codex proved again that you can't have a level headed discussion about the game here. The Codex is the same as IGN, just the other side of the coin. At a site like IGN, you have to puke because all the cucksucking and SJW shit, and there your head explodes when people are just shitposting about unfounded, unconfirmed things about the game. And then they portrait themselves as some kind of prestigous magazine.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
From a review:

Despite an impressive array of bugs and glitches, Cyberpunk 2077 remains an experience without peer. No punches pulled, no platitudes are given, and no compromises are made. Cyberpunk 2077 is an industry highpoint that, simply put, may never be bested. Right now, and without hesitation, I am overjoyed to say Cyberpunk 2077 is everything I've ever wanted from a game. It is the best game I have ever played.

Is it even healthy to shill so much? For the sake of this journo i hope the text was provided by the marketing department of CDpr.

Stay strong brothers don't let 'em sway you. I believe my own eyes and the shit i saw on the stream is not easy to forget
Im not gonna listen to you nigger or some retard journo gonna form my own opinion in 2 days.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Playing a v1.0 build of a complex rpg at release date without metagame knowledge has its clown honk-honk charm. Besides, it won't bug out on me, F:NV sure didn't, nothing gamebreaking.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fun fact: the current PC build is Denuvo protected. The protection will be removed when the game launches officially.
This is actually good.
Why are you people paying attention to journohomo opinions to begin with? The only thing that matters is the Kodex Kritical Konsensus.
Because if this thread is anything to go by, the Kodex Kritical Konsesus is a rotting shitbag, which worth just as much as the journohomo's opinion, just on the other end of the spectrum.
Why are you so invested in a mediocre game?
Becaues I love mediocre games.

The Jester

Cipher
Fanboyism he is so into the hype that the game become part of his identity so when you critic the game it's like you attacking him personally.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Fanboyism he is so into the hype that the game become part of his identity so when you critic the game it's like you attacking him personally.
Yeah, fuck you too.

Dexter

Arcane
The codex never ceases to amuse me. I find it really cute how we have a little enclave of special posters here who are not interested in the game at all but are just coming to screech about SJWs, trannies, "the Left" and whatnot. Like the reverse of what they are screeching against Totally self-unaware as well. :lol:
You're calling other people "special posters" when you are the one that emerged a few pages back to tell everyone that the most "thought-out post in the last 35 pages" where people were posting game videos, commenting on gameplay mechanics and hour-long Live Streams showing Gameplay while laughing their ass off at the absolute state of it was some Leftists gibberish rant about "acknowledging things in texts" and "huge futa cocks" and something about "Rowling's stupid, stupid tweets and meta-textuality" and something about "non-cis and opinion of tranny-ness", then you went on to comment about the "normalization of the representation of trans people in mainstream culture":
Because it's just there. My point with the Dumbledore thing is that nobody acknowledges that in the text itself, and that I very much doubt someone will comment on your huge futa cock in-game. The character creator is still meta-textual, just like Rowling's stupid, stupid tweets. There are certain things that come with being non-straight or non-cis that you can't really get around irl, nobody reacting or having an opinion of your tranny-ness in-game is not good representation because it doesn't actually represent real life, it's a fantasy where everyone is treated the same regardless of who they are.
One of the few thought-out posts in the last 35 pages.

Regarding the normalization and acceptance of trans people in mainstream culture:

Then entirely unprompted you notified everyone that you interpret Fight Club as a metaphor for being gay or some shit while posting a link to Wikipedia:
Lacrymas forgets that a large part of our esteemed company doesn't actually read: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_Club_(novel)

The insomnia I suppose can be interpreted as a metaphor for being gay and "insomnia is not suffering" is society's hypocritical response of "I'm not homophobic" while actually being so in deeds. I've never thought of such a reading.
Shut the fuck up, consider your own "special"-ness and work on your own total self-unawareness.

Slaver1

Savant
Critical acclaim from the soylent guzzlin' bug people is a double-edged sword but some of that praise is effusive, indeed.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
where people were posting game videos, commenting on gameplay mechanics and hour-long Live Streams showing Gameplay while laughing their ass off at the absolute state of it
Are you talking about this thread? I assume not, because this thread barely had any comments on gameplay mechanics, it was all abou shit posting. And people drawing critique based on 'cleverly' cut tugether gag reels, which used bugs. But if someone looks at the streams, you can see that those bugs are not appearing that often than the gag reels suggest.

Gargaune

Magister
Coming down to the wire, Zer0wing, think we can pull another thirty pages by Thursday?

Okay, so watching some of these video bites, I'm not really bothered by bugs and substandard hotdog eating animations, but the combat does look terrible so far. Worse than in Fallout 4, with the added grievance that CDPR does not have Bethesda's expansive modding community to fall back on - if mods fix it, it will likely be a long while before they do.

We already knew it, but I still find it bewildering that CDPR didn't look more to the Deus Ex series for gameplay inspiration. Even if they themselves had long settled that no, they were going to do a different kind of game altogether, they can't have possibly imagined they'd get away without being compared to it, the thematic overlap alone pretty much guarantees the parallel. And say what you want about the original DX combat, you don't need a NATO supply line to pull off a headshot.

Every CDPR designer should be tied to a chair and made to watch Chris Rock on bullet control until they get the picture.

Deux Ex aim control according to skill was so cool. You don't mind abstraction like that if you like playing RPG's. Console cucks would probably have cried about MiSsInG sHOts aT cLOsE rAnGE so now we all have to suffer like we're playing Borderlands or a tacky MMO.

The argument against that is "you have a level of expectation when comes translating player action to character action. The player action ought to be passed to the character unaltered, and stats should only impact the character, not the player. Changing accuracy breaks that implicit contract."
A fancy candy-wrapper on a vacuous argument when it comes to Action-RPGs, because DX's handling skills are well confined in the abstraction that is your character build. The player's natural skills for perception and coordination are still fully involved, whereas other factors which cannot be satisfactorily modeled on the input method (i.e. a computer mouse), such as arms wavering or recoil compensation, are offloaded to the character sheet. It demands careful tuning of the variables, but achieves an elegant marriage between action gameplay and RPG statistics when appropriately balanced.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
where people were posting game videos, commenting on gameplay mechanics and hour-long Live Streams showing Gameplay while laughing their ass off at the absolute state of it
Are you talking about this thread? I assume not, because this thread barely had any comments on gameplay mechanics, it was all abou shit posting. And people drawing critique based on 'cleverly' cut tugether gag reels, which used bugs. But if someone looks at the streams, you can see that those bugs are not appearing that often than the gag reels suggest.

I have watched the 3 hour stream for quite a while and the visual issues have been quite frequent. While bugginess is bad it does not normally break the game (unless you play VtM:B on release...) I think criticizing the game for the bugs is fair.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Which will pronounce it Codex RPGOTY2020 in less than two months from now.

Codex will play it, love it, then write that it's a piece of shit. Then will come back to playing some more.
The Codex will play the game, shit on it, then go back to playing.
shit - play - repeat, that's the routine from the 10th on.

Nah, it'll end up like TOW. Everyone will play it, find it mediocre and forget about it in 3 months. Then we'll get the occasional retard new member bumping the thread back to page 1. Just like with TOW or Witcher 3 or PoE.
I'm constantly updating my txt of such predictions btw. :lol:

Edit: the speed with which TOW hype died is waay worse than PoE which had 3 and a half reviews.

Also, not everyone played TOW. I wouldn't touch it with bargepole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom