Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Terenty They are actually not sending out review codes to many sites. There won't be many day one reviews, I suspect. That's also a way to rig the game, though. That is, if they manage to polish up some glaring week one flaws/bugs/whatever you want to call it.
Source?
Butthurt posts all over twitter.
So no source. :P
There's been articles about it. And I've read from sites that they didn't get keys.
https://www.newsweek.com/cyberpunk-2077-review-limited-release-day-codes-arrive-late-1552595
https://twistedvoxel.com/cyberpunk-2077-review-embargo/
There's been an official update on the state of review keys for North America from the PR company. These are direct quotes from an email I just received minutes ago in my work inbox. In short:
"We figured you all deserved an update on where things are. At this time I'd like to clarify that we haven't sent any review keys out yet. We expect to have updates on that front next week and no sooner.(...)

"Also due to the incredible demand, there's a good chance we won't be able to approve nor deny your request until launch day or later; if you want to be absolutely sure that you have the game on launch day, I wanted to let you know in case you need to make other arrangements."

And so on.

Well the net is flooded with reviews just now, so it seem that was just one butthurt reviewer who was butthurt because he didn't get a key.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
l2oWmlB.png
Game reviewers can't keep track on more than one thing at a time. Calling sidecontent amazing and complaining about there being too much of it in the next sentence is peak retardatition.

Just a reminder that AssAssin's Creed: Copy pasted filler missions and locations in glitchy greece got an 8/10 from this same site

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Game reviewers can't keep track on more than one thing at a time. Calling sidecontent amazing and complaining about there being too much of it in the next sentence is peak retardatition.

None of her statements are contradictory.
This just sounds like Fallout: New Vegas. Sure, there's a lot of worldbuilding and characters in the sidequests, but most of them are simply pointless.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why are you people paying attention to journohomo opinions to begin with? The only thing that matters is the Kodex Kritical Konsensus.
Because if this thread is anything to go by, the Kodex Kritical Konsesus is a rotting shitbag, which worth just as much as the journohomo's opinion, just on the other end of the spectrum.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Just a reminder that AssAssin's Creed: Copy pasted filler missions and locations in glitchy greece got an 8/10 from this same site
Bro Watch dogshit legion with copy pasted quests and ai generated voice acting and story without any sense got 8/10 from them disregard their opinion.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Why are you people paying attention to journohomo opinions to begin with? The only thing that matters is the Kodex Kritical Konsensus.

Codex will play it, love it, then write that it's a piece of shit. Then will come back to playing some more.

Nah, it'll end up like TOW. Everyone will play it, find it mediocre and forget about it in 3 months. Then we'll get the occasional retard new member bumping the thread back to page 1. Just like with TOW or Witcher 3 or PoE.

Codex' initial reaction to Hearts of Stone was that it's a piece of shit. Same Hearts of Stone which is now considered the peak of game writing.

Hellraiser

Arcane

Hard to say, the journo doesn't touch on any relevant flaws besides bugs which will probably get patched out and janky animations which I honestly don't give a fuck about.

I mean honestly, can you call the first listed flaw a flaw without context? You have no clue if the journo just found overwhelmed by choice and content or if the content is copy and paste repetitive shit like in the first Mass Effect. On the other hand the first listed good item could mean shit if the level/quest design sucks, there are not enough chances to use some skills or stats or something else makes certain builds utterly impractical or unplayable.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I'll write one of the several dozen reviews the Codex will post about this game. Expect it in May of 2021.

Tehdagah

Arcane
This is like the shit Jim Sterling is vomiting out each day. MUUHHHH CRUNNNCH!!!! POOOR DEVS MUST CRUUUNCH!!!!!
almost every single big studio does crunch time but because poles do it, we must bring it to attention now. But please don't ever dare to notice it when it comes to US based devs.
All US devs have already fallen under their influence and could crunch till the cows come home as long as they follow the "narrative." I do sense a hint of desperation like they know CDPR aren't yet compromised in that sense, even though they are becoming saps for console gamers.
West bad east good?

Naughty Dog, Rockstar, Epic, Bioware were all criticized for doing crunching

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Because if this thread is anything to go by, the Kodex Kritical Konsesus is a rotting shitbag, which worth just as much as the journohomo's opinion, just on the other end of the spectrum.
Why are you so invested in a mediocre game?

Terenty

Liturgist
From a Windows Central review:

Despite an impressive array of bugs and glitches, Cyberpunk 2077 remains an experience without peer. No punches pulled, no platitudes are given, and no compromises are made. Cyberpunk 2077 is an industry highpoint that, simply put, may never be bested. Right now, and without hesitation, I am overjoyed to say Cyberpunk 2077 is everything I've ever wanted from a game. It is the best game I have ever played.

Is it even healthy to shill so much? For the sake of this journo i hope the text was provided by the marketing department of CDpr.

Stay strong brothers don't let 'em sway you. I believe my own eyes and the shit i saw on the stream is not easy to forget

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom