Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NullFlow

Savant
Interesting batch of reviews. Score is averaging high 80s to low 90s right now from aggregators. A few notable news/reviews sites like Gamespot and PC Gamer gave it a 7/10 and 78 respectively, saying it's brought down by bugs and combat that's more flashy than substantive. The Gamespot reviewer sounds like a shrill SJW though and just sounds like someone hungry to find "problematic" content.

Last edited:

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Just wanna say that I spent the first 9 months of this year working on a fairly massive mobile game in a new position that I didn't have experience in. It involved too much crunches, lost count of the number of nights that I got home past 10pm. Those 9 months were something I wish I would never experience again.

BUT, 3 days after I got laid off (half of the team did, thanks to COVID), I instantly landed a new job with higher pay in a smaller studio, just about 100 employees and it's still on hiring spree. No crunch since, I sleep better, eat better, think better, thanks to the nightmarish 9 months that now I'm kinda thankful for going through it. And that's just a mobile game, imagine how pretty your CV would look like with Cyberpunk 2077 written on it.
tbh this just shows that crunch is the result of incompetent management only after short term stock gains

no company actually interest in creating good games over many years would chose to torture their workers so they can fuck off and retire to greener grounds

paradox is one of the few video game companies that keeps on producing better and better games and I am sure its 99% percent because they are unionized

The result is that there's a fetishization of trans people at every turn, in a game with only one very minor trans character (that I found, at least) and no way to play as an authentically trans character yourself.
- Gamespot

This passes as video game journalism nowadays?

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
The result is that there's a fetishization of trans people at every turn, in a game with only one very minor trans character (that I found, at least) and no way to play as an authentically trans character yourself.
- Gamespot

Lol should have known here you go bois 7/10 worse than watch dogs legions cause tranny rights.

:prosper:

Unwanted

†††

Patron
l2oWmlB.png

NullFlow

Savant
Overall consensus is in two hemispheres: A very ambitious, solid RPG with plenty of heart sadly brought down by bugs, or it wasn't quite aligned with all their id pol beliefs so it's a harmful game. Meh, if the largest criticisms boil down to SJWisms or bugs that will be corrected in time, I think it's a good game. I guess I'll be buying it if the bugs on PC aren't so egregious, or when it is really ironed out.

Last edited:

Eli_Havelock

Learned
- Gamespot

It sounds like they're describing Twitter and all the parents using their tranz babies for clout.

Perkel

Arcane
After reading/watching few reviews:

- highly non linear
- Around 30 hours for main story (compared to around 60 for TW3)
- Game has several widely different endings
- Sidequest impact main story in big way as well as other characters
- depending on what you do you might not see some stuff
- most of the game is completely optional, game feels like sidequests are more important than mainquest
- graphical glitches
- bugs forcing reload of save.
- awesome character creator
- looks great on pc
- gunplay is actually fun after a while

things to note:

big ones had to stream game to their offices lolololol. CDPR didn't even consider sending them key and they played on PC version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom