Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ekrolo2

Learned
Tell me one thing - do NPCs still walk blindly and bump into the PC if he stands still on the street? This annoyed me to no end in Witcher 3, and in GTA V they had managed to solve it somehow, NPCs would navigate around the PC. If it's still like that in CP77 I will lol hard.
I don't know man, but if the day 1 patch doesn't actually fill out the world with meaningful content it's gonna be hilarious.

Didn't Witcher 3 had npc in the wild that you could interact with and take quests? Here the only quests you can get are from "fixers" that call you and give you some generic ass tasks.
It did, some of them even had cool little C&C. For example, a Temerian soldier is abandoned and tied on the road for deserting. If Geralt walks away, he dies. However, if Geralt helps him, he will encounter this NPC later and discover he's joined a roaming brigand group who've just finished killing innocent people. Once again, you can choose to accept your "friends" reward or kill him and his group to make up for your earlier mistake. Not all of them are like this, of course. But they're nice little encapsulations of the core Witcher themes IMO.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
This is like the shit Jim Sterling is vomiting out each day. MUUHHHH CRUNNNCH!!!! POOOR DEVS MUST CRUUUNCH!!!!!
almost every single big studio does crunch time but because poles do it, we must bring it to attention now. But please don't ever dare to notice it when it comes to US based devs.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
This is like the shit Jim Sterling is vomiting out each day. MUUHHHH CRUNNNCH!!!! POOOR DEVS MUST CRUUUNCH!!!!!
almost every single big studio does crunch time but because poles do it, we must bring it to attention now. But please don't ever dare to notice it when it comes to US based devs.

The truth is simple, sometime it can't be avoided and while there may be a discussion to have in the corporate space most Developers just want to finish that thing or are forced to hammer away before the funds run out.

I have been there and while the situation forced the crunch, I never felt forced because I wanted the shit done i had worked hard for.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

The truth is simple, sometime it can't be avoided and while there may be a discussion to have in the corporate space most Developers just want to finish that thing or are forced to hammer away before the funds run out.

I have been there and while the situation forced the crunch, I never felt forced because I wanted the shit done i had worked hard for.
I was going to say something in the same lines. When the game is done and out, and it's talked about 5+ years after release as one of the best RPGs ever, as is the case with Witcher 3, everyone who worked on the project will feel pride. The crunch time is something that you go through once, but you get to say you worked on that game throughout the rest of your life.

Western journos use CDPR to larp critical journalism and liberal conscience because they can't do that to US corps who will write them out of their freebies list and cut ad budget of their games on their websites. This is leverage CDPR doesn't have, hence they use instances of CDPR's crunching to pretend they have any balls at all.

Yeh, i wonder when these degenerates will realize that unlike manufactury workers, who get abused cause they can't do better, game developers are capable of finding another job that does not treat them as crunchy dogshit easily.
I am victim blaming (cause apparently these people can't say no for some reason), but passionate developer can easily requalify into software developer, if he does not want to code physics of horse's nutsack for 70 hours a week.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Terenty They are actually not sending out review codes to many sites. There won't be many day one reviews, I suspect. That's also a way to rig the game, though. That is, if they manage to polish up some glaring week one flaws/bugs/whatever you want to call it.
Source?
Butthurt posts all over twitter.
So no source. :P

Edit: LOL, the embargo has just lifted and the net is flooded with reviews. What were you saying again with no review codes?

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Yeh, i wonder when these degenerates will realize that unlike manufactury workers, who get abused cause they can't do better, game developers are capable of finding another job that does not treat them as crunchy dogshit easily.
I am victim blaming (cause apparently these people can't say no for some reason), but passionate developer can easily requalify into software developer, if he does not want to code physics of horse's nutsack for 70 hours a week.

And let's not even talk about indies, who work 8-10 hours on their fulltime job, then go home and work on their passion project each day. Nobody cries for them.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Terenty They are actually not sending out review codes to many sites. There won't be many day one reviews, I suspect. That's also a way to rig the game, though. That is, if they manage to polish up some glaring week one flaws/bugs/whatever you want to call it.
Source?
Butthurt posts all over twitter.
So no source. :P
There's been articles about it. And I've read from sites that they didn't get keys.
https://www.newsweek.com/cyberpunk-2077-review-limited-release-day-codes-arrive-late-1552595
https://twistedvoxel.com/cyberpunk-2077-review-embargo/
There's been an official update on the state of review keys for North America from the PR company. These are direct quotes from an email I just received minutes ago in my work inbox. In short:
"We figured you all deserved an update on where things are. At this time I'd like to clarify that we haven't sent any review keys out yet. We expect to have updates on that front next week and no sooner.(...)

"Also due to the incredible demand, there's a good chance we won't be able to approve nor deny your request until launch day or later; if you want to be absolutely sure that you have the game on launch day, I wanted to let you know in case you need to make other arrangements."

And so on.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
All those 9s and 10s, and the talk about great sidequest, worldbuilding and characters:
donald-trump-looking-smug.jpg

The retards at the Codex failed again.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
SEVENPUNK 2077

CANCEL YOUR PREORDERS
TURN UP THE ANIME
GO REPLAY BLOODLINES INSTEAD

IT IS OVER

(still buying sevenpunk 2077 btw)

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was going to say something in the same lines. When the game is done and out, and it's talked about 5+ years after release as one of the best RPGs ever, as is the case with Witcher 3, everyone who worked on the project will feel pride. The crunch time is something that you go through once, but you get to say you worked on that game throughout the rest of your life.

Western journos use CDPR to larp critical journalism and liberal conscience because they can't do that to US corps who will write them out of their freebies list and cut ad budget of their games on their websites. This is leverage CDPR doesn't have, hence they use instances of CDPR's crunching to pretend they have any balls at all.
Just wanna say that I spent the first 9 months of this year working on a fairly massive mobile game in a new position that I didn't have experience in. It involved too much crunches, lost count of the number of nights that I got home past 10pm. Those 9 months were something I wish I would never experience again.

BUT, 3 days after I got laid off (half of the team did, thanks to COVID), I instantly landed a new job with higher pay in a smaller studio, just about 100 employees and it's still on hiring spree. No crunch since, I sleep better, eat better, think better, thanks to the nightmarish 9 months that now I'm kinda thankful for going through it. And that's just a mobile game, imagine how pretty your CV would look like with Cyberpunk 2077 written on it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom