Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol, in the article they say "This game is the opposite of Ubisoft games like AC or Watch Dogs."

SOLD
TThV64w.png

yeah, it's totally not a bloated open world game full of shitty copy-pasted activities.

Except that a single secondary quest of those markers is way more interesting and involving than the entire Ubisoft game main plot.
Are you an autist? Do you not realise that the problem with Ubisoft design is not that there are a 1000 icon on the map, the problem is the quality of quests behind those markers? Nobody would complain about ubisoft maps if they were full of good quests. And based on Witcher 3, we can expect that most of those icons in CP will have good quests behind them.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/pre-load

Cyberpunk 2077 pre-loads trigger Steam’s biggest bandwidth peak since PUBG 1.0
Cyberpunk-2077-Mr-Goldhand-580x334.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 pre-loads are live, and as you might’ve guessed from how that game has been at the top of the Steam top seller charts for months, a lot of people are eager to start playing. The pre-load period for Cyberpunk 2077 appears to have triggered the biggest Steam bandwidth peak ever.

Steam reached a peak of 23.5 terabytes per second downloaded on December 7, the same day Cyberpunk 2077 pre-loads went live, as analyst Daniel Ahmad notes on Twitter. The very hour pre-loads went live you can see a spike from around 8 terabytes per second to the full peak of 23.5.

Steam only shows its bandwidth usage for the past 48 hours, so it’s difficult to to track exactly when all previous peaks occurred, but it appears that the previous record was set with the launch of PUBG 1.0 back in 2017. During that time, PUBG’s daily peak player count increased from 2,699,268 to 2,912,831.

Cyberpunk 2077 is unlikely to reach three million players on Steam at launch, of course – PUBG’s 1.0 increase of just over 200k is likely closer to reality.

If you somehow haven’t pre-ordered yet but want to, you can pick up Cyberpunk 2077 from the Humble Store here.

Steam’s previous biggest single-player launch by player count was Fallout 4 back in 2015. Bethesda’s open-world RPG reached a peak of 472,962 players at launch, and Steam’s overall user count was much lower at the time. However, the PC version of Fallout 4 was only available on Steam. Cyberpunk 2077 is available on Steam, Epic, and CD Projekt’s own GOG storefront, so the Steam player count won’t show the full number of players on PC.

The Cyberpunk 2077 release date is set for December 10.

Latelistener

Arcane
Reading some reviews complaining about the game being short and encouraging multiple playthroughs.

Did they accidentally made Bloodlines while advertising Skyrim, or the reviews are bullshitting me?

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mytdmkl.png

Decided to install Galaxy so i can "preload" it (i'll get the offline installers later after they have released a couple of patches... and also released some free disk space in my HDD :-P). At that download rate, i wonder if the game will be downloaded before the unlock time or not.

And of course right after it unlocks they'll have a 40GB patch :-P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom