Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Semiurge

Cipher
Reminder:

D3264AFB947F2227CCCE15B04CC380851EFF61AD

Closeup:

098F9130F8A2761A23E40D4D2C796683C679A411

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Can anyone tell which would take longer - downloading ~60 GB at an average of 5 MB/s (~186 mins) or decrypting those 56 GB on an SSD with a 4GHz 4790k CPU? Or is the difference not significant?
The SSD route would be faster by about 2-3 months.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

Finally, boob spikes! The must-have augmentation for melee V.

By the by, just a random thought, is it a testament to Deus Ex's influence that we all refer to these cybernetic implants as "augmentations?" Or does the term predate it?
Is "Midnight Lady" not assuming her gender and conforming to patriarchal gender stereotypes?! OMG totes offensives!

Jesus christ, reading the comments on that tweet is scary stuff. These are seriously sick and deranged human beings.

"I don't have epilepsy or experience seizures, but I have noticed that rapidly-flashing light patterns make me feel extraordinarily panicked and activate my fight-or-flught response, so I very much appreciate warnings like this."

Can you imagine being this guy? Holy shit...sad thing is instead of a psychologist attempting to help him and get him over this completely irrational response, they'll just pander and feed into it...making it a permament long term issue. It's easy to make fun of these assholes but they are being failed at every level.
On the other hand, I'm 90% sure it's made-up for attention.

"I'm not blind, but when the sun hits my eyes just right I can't see anything so braille is very useful to me when reading outside"

Renevent

Cipher
Jesus christ, reading the comments on that tweet is scary stuff. These are seriously sick and deranged human beings.

"I don't have epilepsy or experience seizures, but I have noticed that rapidly-flashing light patterns make me feel extraordinarily panicked and activate my fight-or-flught response, so I very much appreciate warnings like this."

Can you imagine being this guy? Holy shit...sad thing is instead of a psychologist attempting to help him and get him over this completely irrational response, they'll just pander and feed into it...making it a permament long term issue. It's easy to make fun of these assholes but they are being failed at every level.

"I'm not blind, but when the sun hits my eyes just right I can't see anything so braille is very useful to me when reading outside"

True enough, I forgot that these day being mentally ill is now a badge of honor and counts for oppression points.

Semiurge

Cipher

True enough, I forgot that these day being mentally ill is now a badge of honor and counts for oppression points.

It's a sick, sad world. Mental illnessess should be kept secret, not paraded around.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Gonna try to run this game with a I7-2600K 3.40Ghz and a 1060 6gb card, wish me luck

Why buy an unlocked processor and use it at stock clocks. OC that shit.

The 2600k was a great processor. Had one for nearly 9 years(upgraded to a Ryzen 3600 this year) and it still got the job done, but mine was running at 4.5 Ghz with an aftermarket cooler since Day 1(Hyper 212 EVO. Don't overdo it with the stock cooler btw).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Is this 25 HOUR game when you go only through main story? That's crazy short.

Danikas

Arcane

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3351

Fallout: New Vegas

Main Story:
Average: 27h 55m
Median: 27h
Rushed: 16h 18m

Worked well for this codex classic if they have enough good side quests idgaf shorter main story can improve pacing which was a problem in Witcher 3 that game could have ended during battle of Kaer mohren and it would be much better in my opinion.

Melcar

Arcane
Day one reviews are worthless, even more since games are often broken from release. If you want more honest impressions of the game you got to wait a few weeks after regular people start to complete the game and the first few patches are out.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

S.torch

Liturgist
This last trailer was the best one, it had... something in it. A good choice to release this one just before the game comes out.
Well... See you later in this thread guys, I hope don't coming too late to the party.

Semiurge

Cipher

So why did they decide to re-resign this in '16 again? 8 years would've been more than enough for a world as big as in Witcher3 GOTY. Organization changes?

Zer0wing

Cipher
yeah, it's totally not bloated open world game full of shitty copy-pasted activities.
At least WD:L had the third class, drone shaman to accompany the street samurai and netrunner. And AC:Valhalla is more varied than predecessors even if writing is uninspiring shit.

Reading the reviews tells nothing about gameplay activities aside from 1st person cutcsenes, shooting/stealthing, driving and walking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom