Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview DA II Mike Laidlaw's GameInformer Interview

RPGMaster

Savant
The sad thing here is that a proper journalist with good interviewing skills would be able to rip this motherfucker and his lies to shreds. Instead all gaming "journalists" are a bunch of fucking retarded pussies who do nothing but give this gobshite a platform for his deluded bollocks.

mysterious-stranger said:
if you don't have time to build unique environments, wouldn't it make more sense to take the sidequests and environments you do have and just build on them as opposed to phoning more stuff in, quality > quantity afterall.

I must admit I haven't played DA 2 yet (Big DA: Origins fan though), but this statement hurts my brain.

Yeay, a DA:O fan :bro: (we're an endangered species on this forum). Kudos for having been smart enough not to get fooled into suffering DA2. I was caught by the 'you're not entitled to comment until you've played' ploy. Doh.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jaesun said:
Dear deus101,

Please never quote Mastermind. Also the EDIT button is awesome, instead of posting another shitty reply. Just FYI.

Love Jaesun

Butthurt crybaby bitch detected.

Befuddled Halfling said:
Yeay, a DA:O fan :bro: (we're an endangered species on this forum). Kudos for having been smart enough not to get fooled into suffering DA2. I was caught by the 'you're not entitled to comment until you've played' ploy. Doh.

:thumbsup:

Who the hell is that guy anyway?

Jaesun said:
Where do these faggots come from?

After being a Biodrone, when you leave the collective there are very serious mental and physical health consequences. The sudden exposure to freedom of thought can be lethal. The Tali (tasteful) rape fantasies can go on for months. But with intense codex therapy, the prognosis for social re-integration and recovery of basic motor-neuron functions is moderate.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Evil Bioware lololo Bioware shit (ta-da! you got 50 Kodex Kool Kredits!) OK gotta buy their next game Mass effect 3 brb guys

Befuddled Halfling said:
Jaesun said:

After being a Biodrone, when you leave the collective there are very serious mental and physical health consequences. The sudden exposure to freedom of thought can be lethal. The Tali (tasteful) rape fantasies can go on for months. But with intense codex therapy, the prognosis for social re-integration and recovery of basic motor-neuron functions is moderate.

Gee....thanks....I guess there is hope afterall

Point taken.

Anyhoo, back on point (Assuming there ever was one), if you don't have enough resources or time to properly do sidequests, then to hell with them, just put all your energy into the main quest, because no one's going to miss spending 10 minutes hunting a sack of potatoes or some crap like that

circ

Arcane
Befuddled Halfling said:
Jaesun said:

You're still a Biodrone, who the fuck are you kidding? You loved DAOOO and everything before it. BUT DA2 RAPED EVERYTHING BOO HOO.

DA 2 is just as inane as DA:O.

turul

Augur
he most delusional game designer on earth said:
Origins on normal delivered a pretty painful experience on the PC if you were new to RPGs, and I firmly believe that it turned people off

I have a question about this.

Back in the day, when the first computer based RPGs hit the market, how come those didn't turn people off from playing RPGs? Assuming, that there were no "hardcore RPG players" , and everybody was pretty much "new rpg players" and the newer RPG players were - regardless of difficulty- were drawn to the games anyway?

Or should I just draw the conclusion, that computer games -including RPG games- were designed with the assumption, that the public do have a certain level of IQ and intelligence , and today - either the people in general got fucking dumb and stupid, or designers see a better market by selling games (?) to fucking dumb and stupid people , because fucking dumb and stupid people give away their money for garbage faster, than smarter and more intelligent people?

:patriot:

Archibald

Arcane
Gongratulations newfag, you figured out what everyone else did at least 5 years ago.

circ said:
You're still a Biodrone, who the fuck are you kidding? You loved DAOOO and everything before it. BUT DA2 RAPED EVERYTHING BOO HOO.

DA 2 is just as inane as DA:O.

Awww, circ is butthurt because I dared to like something that doesn't need dosbox to run, and that I don't just blindly hate anything post 2003 for the lulz and out of principle.

The way I see DAO is that if you - say, want a motorbike, but the only thing you can buy in the whole damn world for the last 7 years is a bicycle, then the moment the first manufacturer offers a moped in its range, you encourage that manufacturer. If you engage him, work with him, he may one day make a motorbike or at least a higher cc moped. And in the meantime, a moped is better than a bicycle. Your approach, otoh, is to shit on the moped maker for not making a motorbike, and wish him death for not going the whole hog.

Not sure if your comment about DAO = DA2 was serious or just shorthand for "neither go far enough for me, so don't care". If you did mean it literally, then you're a retard, if neither went far enough but you can spot a few differences then I can see where you're coming from. DA2 did rape everything. BioWare effectively stopped even pretending to make RPGs. The direction change of DAO is offically reversed now, and is permanent, despite the shitstorm on all the forums and the flagging sales. It is out of the market, look elsewere (good luck with Obsidian, Bethesda, and Square). BOO HOO?

Shannow

Waster of Time
Befuddled Halfling said:
Only Daaooo is more a medium sized dick that goes limp after 5 minutes. Compared to the usual tiny dicks that can't get hard to start with, which modern RPGs are, it's an improvement, sure. But it doesn't compare to medium to large sized dicks that could give at least 30 minutes of pleasure, that are a good chunk of the RPGs of the past. BiowEAr obviously learned from from Daaooo success ... :roll:

Not having played Daatoo I can't say it sounds much different from Daaooo either. A little less polish, a little more focus on stuff that was already shitty in Daaooo but in essence a proper sequel...

Less motorcycle and more dick analogies if you want to fit in with the fags and trannies ;)

Cynic

Arcane
For the record, I am also a DA:O fan who torrented and deleted DA2...very quickly. I find it weird that people like the sequel, I find it EVEN weirder, that people say they are the same. It was really like apples and oranges to me. The loss of the freedom of camera movement, loss of origins, loss of races, changes to battle mechanics, rushed feeling, art direction, corridor environments...the list goes on. All this stuff for me meant that DA:O and DA2 had very little in common. How can you argue that they didn't make a shitload of changes? Of course they did. So of course the game is different. I think they changed any redeeming qualities about the franchise to utter crap, therefore the sequel is far worse than the original.

It's fine to say you like the game (if fine means that you are cool with being retarded) but it is FUCKING bullshit to say they are similar or the same game. You're fucking lying like a lying fuck.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"The loss of the freedom of camera movement, loss of origins, loss of races, changes to battle mechanics, rushed feeling, art direction, corridor environments...the list goes on."

Here's what the typical Codexer whined about when DA1 came out....

Origins - doesn't really change antyhing so it sucks

Races - &*yawn* stereotypical fantasy bullshit... dwarves, elves, and humans

Changes To Battle Mechanics - sucks, sucks, not enoguh enemy variioety just spam the same 3 abilities to win, yawn boring, real time combat

Rushed Feeling - Okay, you got me here...

Art Direction - typical fnatasy bullshit, simply a LOTOR knockoff, so 2000 bullshit shit

Corridor Environments - just go in a striaght line, no chjoices in direction, corrider after corrider

Now, all of assuden, the Codex lovessssssssssss DA1.

STFU!

P.S. DA and DA2 share enough similarities that over overrule any differences so it's FACT they are very much fukkin' similar.

You are a fucking lying fukk if you fukkin' lying about it.

SO FUCK YEAH!!!

Coyote

Arcane
Shannow said:
The codex has no hive mind. The codex agrees on very little. Taking opposing positions from different posters and crying "hypocrisy!" is utterly moronic. Get it into your fucking, thick head, fucktard.

Words of wisdom, and an appropriate response to half of Volourn's/skyway's posts nowadays.

circ

Arcane
Befuddled Halfling said:
The way I see DAO is that if you - say, want a motorbike, but the only thing you can buy in the whole damn world for the last 7 years is a bicycle, then the moment the first manufacturer offers a moped in its range, you encourage that manufacturer. If you engage him, work with him, he may one day make a motorbike or at least a higher cc moped. And in the meantime, a moped is better than a bicycle. Your approach, otoh, is to shit on the moped maker for not making a motorbike, and wish him death for not going the whole hog.
I'm serious, but you can't possibly be. Here's a better analogy: BioWare is a nigger with a crack habit that starts off stealing spare parts from mopeds and then moves over to motorcycles. The end result is the same. How in the fuck is it possible for you to think that less and less RPG elements in their games constitutes IMPROVEMENTS and REQUIRES ENCOURAGEMENT as if they were some retarded kid, which they are, is beyond me. BioWare from 2000-2011: The story has remained the same. The characters have stayed the same. The skills have gotten fewer and fewer. The graphics have improved only by polygon count. You suck BioWare cock, enjoy your visual romance novels from the gloryhole. It's easy to say that I just hate everything BioWare has produced, because it's true. I'm not that fucking attached to BG to call it some kind of RPG masterpiece.

Befuddled Halfling said:
Not sure if your comment about DAO = DA2 was serious or just shorthand for "neither go far enough for me, so don't care". If you did mean it literally, then you're a retard, if neither went far enough but you can spot a few differences then I can see where you're coming from. DA2 did rape everything. BioWare effectively stopped even pretending to make RPGs. The direction change of DAO is offically reversed now, and is permanent, despite the shitstorm on all the forums and the flagging sales. It is out of the market, look elsewere (good luck with Obsidian, Bethesda, and Square). BOO HOO?
Why would I not be serious? They're both BW games. They both play largely alike. The characters are the standard BW fare. Only in DA2's case, they went that extra mile of effort TO DELIVER AMA-ZING. KA-CHING! DA:O might not at first glance recycle areas, but look closer. And did the corridor-like railroading areas annoy you in DA2? Well they were there in DAO too, just like in every other BioWare game! Holy shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom