Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Project: Eternity
Morgoth said:
I'm not even bothering with this piece of shit. And that comes from someone who always bought Bioware games first day.

Bio, I'm disappoint.

Same here Bro. :( It's a fucking disgrace when you can't rely on Bioware to deliver an acceptable action adventure + dating sim any more. ;)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
racofer said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
FFFFFFFFFFF. Be warned, Racofer. The link to the hi-res texture pack in the piracy thread is apparently only for 32 bit Windows. Just tried running it and it said it didn't like me since I was running 64 bit. WHAT THE GOD DAMN FUCKING ASSPISS, BIOWARE.

Why would I get it from there if you can download it from free through the Bioware website? ;)

My thoughts exactly.

Anyway, I've already managed to grab The Exiled Prince dlc and now I'm hunting for the other ones. So far no fucker has posted direct links to the Bioware servers which makes this endeavor that much more difficult.

Give us a shout if you find it, yeah?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Of course. I have all links for every piece of DLC for origins, so the same should happen soon enough for DA2 as well.

I even have more stuff than it comes for the suckers that bought the Ultimate Edition. :D

EDIT: Grabbed Black Emporium. Now I can fully customize my character yay!

So the game is exactly like the demo till you reach kirkwall. The city looks like and manages to feel emptier than oblivion's imperial city.

The first "time skip" lasts one year, is very poorly executed and as I feared it shows that you're not playing your own character, Hawke suddenly knows people by name, has new friends etc, it just reinforces the notion that you're just a spectator on Hawke's ride.

All the locations, characters, quests so far feel like something quickly slapped together by an NWN modder.

The brothel has a trap :x

Captain Shrek

CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
So the game is exactly like the demo till you reach kirkwall. The city looks like and manages to feel emptier than oblivion's imperial city.

The first "time skip" lasts one year, is very poorly executed and as I feared it shows that you're not playing your own character, Hawke suddenly knows people by name, has new friends etc, it just reinforces the notion that you're just a spectator on Hawke's ride.

All the locations, characters, quests so far feel like something quickly slapped together by an NWN modder.

The brothel has a trap :x

Tell you what. I am going to wait for someone to load it online on youtube. And watch all the cutscenes. Game over man, game over!

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Item restrictions for looting and shopping are an utterly stupid idea. I can forgive the combat since an average fight is about as boring as but shorter than one in DA:O but item restriction in a single player game is just a pointless timewaster.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Morgoth said:
I'm not even bothering with this piece of shit. And that comes from someone who always bought Bioware games first day.

Bio, I'm disappoint.

Welcome to the "accessibility" age of RPG's! Isn't it great?

What was once a joke is now quite true:

1298415348094.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
racofer said:
Anybody with the PC version can upload me a save game that is further into it? I need to test something. :evil:

What part are you in?

racofer

Thread Incliner
I just entered Kirkwall.

I need to test if I managed to... activate my DLCs. Bioware :)roll:) doesn't report if it's really working.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Huh, I'll have to upload the my entire character folder it seems. Don't think you can just drop in the .das file and expect it to work.

edit: Try it out like this.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D6QYW4PR
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ERZMJT12
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DFGSYXLF
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H1WN713D
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RN2ERLT3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GU7B12LZ

Create a character folder titled Garrett1 in the Characters section of Documents\Bioware\Dragon Age 2

Drop Garrett1.jpg and the .png file in there. Create a folder inside entitled Saves, then another folder nested inside titled Slot_1

Drop the remaining files inside, and make a copy of Garrett1.jpg in there too.

Please ignore the hacked stats.

edit: I still haven't entered the Deep Roads yet but I'm assuming I'm a bit further along than you are.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
treave said:
Andyman Messiah said:
treave said:
Well, maybe Bioware has statistics that show the majority of their users are still running 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7. Thus they don't see the need to support 64-bit. Hell, we should be thanking them that they bothered to upgrade the graphics for us at all, for free. Just shows that they haven't forgotten us hardcore PC gamers.
Which explains why they packed the hardcore PC graphics into a patch that is useless for a lot of people instead of putting it in the shipped version of the game. This kind of shit says a lot about how much out of touch they are with PC.

Fuck, I'll bet you anything the upgraded graphics aren't anything special. You can't fix what can't be fixed.

And now that I've played Dragon Age 2, my short review is that it's amateurish, sloppy and unacceptable work from what is supposed to be a grade A company.

It isn't. It's not worth a 1 GB download, and I sure as hell don't see why it needs a GPU with 1 GB of RAM unless they're sloppy coders. Assassin's Creed II had far superior level art (in Renaissance Italy) and it didn't need a upper-mid level GPU.

Oh Bioware. :lol:
Judging from this fresh comparison pic fresh from /v/ it really doesn't bring much to the game.
See for yourself.

Oh, while we're at it we should also look at the competition, to see how they are holding up against other modern RPGs.

:lol:

Edit: scaled down the pictures, click them for fullsize.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Fuck me I was scrolling down and thought that the Witcher 2 screenshot was an example of DA2 on DX11.

I like the whole fairytale painting vibe they got going on there, real purty.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
17 pages about this shit?
Codex, I am ashamed. A real Codexer wouldn't even dream of trying out popamole like this, torrented or not. Just by trying it out you are helping Bioware. Sure, you don't see why- I am just torrenting it, after all, right? Wrong. You're talking about it and people learn about the game. Even bad PR is better than no PR.

You are digging the genre's grave!

Well, to be fair, we're already inside that grave; so you're just helping shovel dirt in at this point to fill it up.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Jaesun said:
treave said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why would you even do this?

Because I'm following Mike Laidlaw's mantra of having something awesome happen with every button push, and let me tell you that awesome explosions of blood and gore happen every time I mash R (auto-target nearest enemy and attack).

:oops:

I can't be bothered to deal with the HP bloated mobs and you run across like two dozen fucking thieves just going from point A to B in an alley.

racofer

Thread Incliner
treave said:
Huh, I'll have to upload the my entire character folder it seems. Don't think you can just drop in the .das file and expect it to work.

edit: Try it out like this.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D6QYW4PR
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ERZMJT12
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DFGSYXLF
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H1WN713D
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RN2ERLT3
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GU7B12LZ

Create a character folder titled Garrett1 in the Characters section of Documents\Bioware\Dragon Age 2

Drop Garrett1.jpg and the .png file in there. Create a folder inside entitled Saves, then another folder nested inside titled Slot_1

Drop the remaining files inside, and make a copy of Garrett1.jpg in there too.

edit: I still haven't entered the Deep Roads yet but I'm assuming I'm a bit further along than you are.

Thanks bro, it worked.

However, I have no fucking clue as to where the Black Emporium is supposed to be though it either:
  • Is not correctly activated thus not visible anywhere;
  • It's activated but there's no way of discovering where it is without scouting the entire city;

I guess I will keep working on it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Try going back to Hawke's house and checking the writing desk? Maybe Bioware left a letter there or something, just like they do with the ME2 DLCs.

Monocause

Arcane
Did someone from Central Europe manage to get the game running properly? I can't save my game. Some people at the Bio boards had the same issue with legit copies, but my guess is they're in the region that unlocks at 11th March and used the crack to get past online activation.

If you're in the region that was supposed to unlock at 11th and can save, please PM me with details as to which version of the game you used. I've tried the just released crack by reloaded, no dice.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
treave said:
Fuck me I was scrolling down and thought that the Witcher 2 screenshot was an example of DA2 on DX11.

I like the whole fairytale painting vibe they got going on there, real purty.
I'm so happy that they dumped the aurora engine and decided to take matters into their own hands, it's shaping up quite nicely. While Bioware make the worst turd of the year/century the poles keeps inclining.
:love:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Jasede said:
17 pages about this shit?
Codex, I am ashamed. A real Codexer wouldn't even dream of trying out popamole like this, torrented or not. Just by trying it out you are helping Bioware. Sure, you don't see why- I am just torrenting it, after all, right? Wrong. You're talking about it and people learn about the game. Even bad PR is better than no PR.

You are digging the genre's grave!

Well, to be fair, we're already inside that grave; so you're just helping shovel dirt in at this point to fill it up.

lol what. We're not in 2004 anymore. Get the hell out of here oldfag, you're outdated, this is the new shit. Codex has no more shame anymore :smug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom