Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
racofer said:
3DS-Villa

what is this dumbed down popamole consoletard shit

:rpgcodex:

Jaesun said:
No. I'd punch him in the face for being a gigantic looking faggot.

man how come bioware is failing at making their homosexuals appealing to homosexuals

Multi-headed Cow

God damn it Bioware. What kind of monster makes users download a 1 gig file for high res textures instead of including it on the disc. This is terrible. They're terrible.

Also Racofer, no authentication for DLC? You saying we won't even need a giveda2entitlements.exe?
Edit: Oh, just saw your post in piracy forum. No authentication to DOWNLOAD.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Multi-headed Cow said:
God damn it Bioware. What kind of monster makes users download a 1 gig file for high res textures instead of including it on the disc. This is terrible. They're terrible.

Also Racofer, no authentication for DLC? You saying we won't even need a giveda2entitlements.exe?
Edit: Oh, just saw your post in piracy forum. No authentication to DOWNLOAD.

Maybe they forgot to include the high-res textures with the disc since the consoles don't have it.

Though really, 1GB RAM on your video card? Those textures better be really detailed.

Hegel

Arcane
Just finished the game, HD Textures improve it, but meeeh, it still looks like a previous gen game.
My impressions are confirmed, not as bad as the demo but still an horrible game overall. Probably Bioware's worst.
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST and I bought a legit copy.

racofer

Thread Incliner
So far so good. Arrived at Kirkwall and now I have to whore myself find not so legitimate work to get my sorry ass into the city since it's closed off for refugees. I feel like a Mexican trying to enter the US or something, it should cater to the South American audience quite well.

Running in DX9 with medium settings (the highest you can go in DX9), and it looks much better than the demo. I tried DX11(actually 10 in my case) but it offers zero improvements other than sluggish gameplay. Maybe that's why both nVidia and ATI are putting out new drivers for DA2 specifically. Anyway, it will not look any better than this without a beefy DX11 card which I will not purchase anytime soon.

Compared to DA:O it looks a bit worse in the texture department. Character models are indeed better and lighting/shadows is much improved. So far I like what I see.

Hegel

Arcane
racofer said:
So far so good. Arrived at Kirkwall and now I have to whore myself find not so legitimate work to get my sorry ass into the city since it's closed off for refugees. I feel like a Mexican trying to enter the US or something, it should cater to the South American audience quite well.

Running in DX9 with medium settings (the highest you can go in DX9), and it looks much better than the demo. I tried DX11(actually 10 in my case) but it offers zero improvements other than sluggish gameplay. Maybe that's why both nVidia and ATI are putting out new drivers for DA2 specifically. Anyway, it will not look any better than this without a beefy DX11 card which I will not purchase anytime soon.

Compared to DA:O it looks a bit worse in the texture department. Character models are indeed better and lighting/shadows is much improved. So far I like what I see.
That's because you didn't get the HD pack.
Just a protip. Textures are better, the floor and the walls especially, but the game does still look like The Sims 3. Character model, distant terrain, area design. The guy who did this should be hung.
It's better than the average Bioware Plot, but the game is much worse than the average Bioware game. Wait to hit the derp roads and try to stay as low level as possible, also, the dwarf is fucking annoying. Just saying. Keep Isabela, she's fun.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594679238401311780/470E35F2D09254F574F73EEAFD467E25B4360794/

Jesus Christ WHERE ARE MY NIPPLES

this blatant ken doll look is obviously tailored to cater to bioware cat ladies who have never seen a real life bro with his shirt off in their lives

god dammit games industry stop objectifying men like this

also I blame square enix

7K6WS.jpg

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
sgc_meltdown said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594679238401311780/470E35F2D09254F574F73EEAFD467E25B4360794/

Jesus Christ WHERE ARE MY NIPPLES

this blatant ken doll look is obviously tailored to cater to bioware cat ladies who have never seen a real life bro with his shirt off in their lives

god dammit games industry stop objectifying men like this

also I blame square enix

7K6WS.jpg

Fucking hell that is derp. Everyone has abs, definition comes from lack of fatty tissue and having exercised them. This guy will be a fucking freak if he either loses weight, or gains weight, lose it and have retarded abstructions, gain weight and have Fatabs.

FUCK. At least the doc is happy making money from these dumbfucks.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Multi-headed Cow said:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594679238401917903/D2873173D1F57D8686EF66644FB58506824692DA/
As you can see, I can choose yes, yes, or yes. C&C!
I hate those fake choices, why do they even bother with them and don't go full movie instead? That's another positive thing about Alpha Protocol, you could actually say no and kill people you didn't like. Well, most of them anyway. But the point is that the dialogue choices just weren't there for show.

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
I'm finding that combat is hard as a motherfucker for the level four range. On nightmare, of course. Playing as a sword/shield tank warrior and Bethany is specced for healing.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
thekdawg21 said:
I'm finding that combat is hard as a motherfucker for the level four range. On nightmare, of course. Playing as a sword/shield tank warrior and Bethany is specced for healing.

Hard ... in a good way? Or in a tedious way?

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Multi-headed Cow said:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594679238402559146/4B5DD5280A05031CAC47040087166B39BA43CA3D/
I don't feel that way at all. It's just getting more welcoming. :smug:
:lol:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Jack said:
Multi-headed Cow said:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594679238402559146/4B5DD5280A05031CAC47040087166B39BA43CA3D/
I don't feel that way at all. It's just getting more welcoming. :smug:
:lol:

:love:

Guys, I think we should change our stance on DA2. In the end, no game provided us with so much ENTERTAINMENT, ever. Especially no game entertained us so much without us having had to play it...

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
Crooked Bee said:
thekdawg21 said:

Hard ... in a good way? Or in a tedious way?

It seems as though positioning is extremely important. If I can get my tanks to have all the enemies hitting them from their front, I'm good. It's not easy because new enemies spawn in from many different directions.

So with that said, it's currently 'fun' hard and I am definitely coveting some new abilities to control the fight better, such as crowd controls.

I can easily see how it can turn into tedious hard if it doesn't retain the same level of balancing I'm seeing right now.

EDIT: It feels a lot like a World of Warcraft style raid where you control all of the players. You know the C&C options where one decision makes you have to fight less or easier enemies, and the other gets you some rep bonus with a companion or some extra item or something? It actually means something at the stage I am at since I am having trouble with some of the fights and I am used to just mowing down enemies on the hardest level of any game. (I don't expect it to last, though.)

Multi-headed Cow

FFFFFFFFFFF. Be warned, Racofer. The link to the hi-res texture pack in the piracy thread is apparently only for 32 bit Windows. Just tried running it and it said it didn't like me since I was running 64 bit. WHAT THE GOD DAMN FUCKING ASSPISS, BIOWARE.

Edit: Oh yeah, your talk of spawning reminds me. The spawning-in enemies thing is annoying. The "WAVE INCOMING!!!" thing isn't just the initial aweex0me intro, most fights I've been in have had additional waves of enemies spawn in plain sight as I'm a-killin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom