Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Multi-headed Cow said:
FFFFFFFFFFF. Be warned, Racofer. The link to the hi-res texture pack in the piracy thread is apparently only for 32 bit Windows. Just tried running it and it said it didn't like me since I was running 64 bit. WHAT THE GOD DAMN FUCKING ASSPISS, BIOWARE.
:lol: Oh god, Dragon Age 2 is the best thing ever!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, maybe Bioware has statistics that show the majority of their users are still running 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7.

Thus they don't see the need to support 64-bit. Hell, we should be thanking them that they bothered to upgrade the graphics for us at all, for free. Just shows that they haven't forgotten us hardcore PC gamers.

Exmit

Scholar
This is Biowares main writer......

32141285.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
When did Gaider change sex and name?

And that's an awful lot of hair he grew.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
treave said:
Well, maybe Bioware has statistics that show the majority of their users are still running 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7. Thus they don't see the need to support 64-bit. Hell, we should be thanking them that they bothered to upgrade the graphics for us at all, for free. Just shows that they haven't forgotten us hardcore PC gamers.
Which explains why they packed the hardcore PC graphics into a patch that is useless for a lot of people instead of putting it in the shipped version of the game. This kind of shit says a lot about how much out of touch they are with PC.

Fuck, I'll bet you anything the upgraded graphics aren't anything special. You can't fix what can't be fixed.

And now that I've played Dragon Age 2, my short review is that it's amateurish, sloppy and unacceptable work from what is supposed to be a grade A company.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Andyman Messiah said:
treave said:
Well, maybe Bioware has statistics that show the majority of their users are still running 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7. Thus they don't see the need to support 64-bit. Hell, we should be thanking them that they bothered to upgrade the graphics for us at all, for free. Just shows that they haven't forgotten us hardcore PC gamers.
Which explains why they packed the hardcore PC graphics into a patch that is useless for a lot of people instead of putting it in the shipped version of the game. This kind of shit says a lot about how much out of touch they are with PC.

Fuck, I'll bet you anything the upgraded graphics aren't anything special. You can't fix what can't be fixed.

And now that I've played Dragon Age 2, my short review is that it's amateurish, sloppy and unacceptable work from what is supposed to be a grade A company.

It isn't. It's not worth a 1 GB download, and I sure as hell don't see why it needs a GPU with 1 GB of RAM unless they're sloppy coders. Assassin's Creed II had far superior level art (in Renaissance Italy) and it didn't need a upper-mid level GPU.

Oh Bioware. :lol:

I'm just gonna pop over to BSF to see what they have on there.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon- ... 065-1.html

Well there we go.

It's always been one of the most annoying things is being able to run insance resolution, but games textures are much smaller. Instead of a game looking better, they sometimes actually end up looking worse because the textures end up all stretched and horrible.

PC's have the ability / power to operate with crazy large textures, it's good to see BioWare taking advantage of this!

I was one of the many people who suggested a pack like this in the past. It is great to see that BioWare listened to us and released the high resolution package. :)

The consoles are capable of more than people assume, dude. Look at the textures for some of the other games out there.

Not trying to argue, but I'm pretty sure an Xbox 360 with high def. coukd possibly support it. Not all pc's are made for gaming, but they can handle the game. An Xbox IS made for gaming. Don't underestimate a console.

Yup, all hail Bioware for listening to PC gamers. :smug:

Multi-headed Cow

Since I haven't heard anyone else complaining about it and I haven't seen any mention of 32 bit Windows only, I dunno what's up with that texture pack. But when I run it, it says:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see if you need an X86 (32-bit) or X64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

Bullshit FFS.

made

Arcane

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Exmit

Scholar
So how many of you are actualy biowhore-social posters and lurkers ?

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
Freelance Henchman said:
You don't even know what you don't know about Bioware Social...

Which is how many have retained what is left of our sanity, for knowing too much, would surely drive one to madness.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Exmit said:

I think that's actually kind of how I got here... Before the social-thing was online, I posted sometimes in the Dragon Age forums. Once I made a topic about how the Darkspawn Horde was a lame enemy and that it sucked that there was no proper nemesis along the lines of Irenicus or somesuch.

In reponse people said: "You sound like one of them ignorant people over at RPGCodex." I wondered what that was, came checking. Found you guys. Bioware-guys went in the trash.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Grunker said:
Exmit said:

I think that's actually kind of how I got here... Before the social-thing was online, I posted sometimes in the Dragon Age forums. Once I made a topic about how the Darkspawn Horde was a lame enemy and that it sucked that there was no proper nemesis along the lines of Irenicus or somesuch.

In reponse people said: "You sound like one of them ignorant people over at RPGCodex." I wondered what that was, came checking. Found you guys. Bioware-guys went in the trash.

:love:

We love you, even if you are subhuman waste from bioware forums :love:

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Biowhores make my heard hurt:

Pretty much this...it's not even for all PC gamers...just those with some excess graphics grunt. This reminds me of the old Voice Over patches you used to be able to get to put Voices into games...at the time very few people had these strange things called 'sound cards' so most wouldn't be able to use them.

This is a nice little nod to PC gamers...I think it's fantastic!

WHAT.THE.FUCKING.FUCK.ASSFUCKING.RETARDED.FUCKFUCK?

I've been playing from mid 1980's and I can't remember a SINGLE game that got a "Voice Over"-patch later - not to mention that how in Nine Hells would the developers get it to customers before Internet, when sound cards were rare?

Jools, you got an account there - go tell that guy to kill himself for being a filthy liar.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Acquired Derp Age 2, now preparing to expirience awesome at the press of the button. :smug:

But as offtopic i have to say that nothing DA2 can throw at me will come close to the ending of Killzone 3, so much "awesome" after one press of the button is out of reach for Bioware. :retarded:

dragonfk

Erudite
Jools said:
made said:
treave said:
we should be thanking them that they bothered to upgrade the graphics for us at all, for free.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... ex/6409298

Thank you Bioware for FREE high-res textures

a lesser company would have called it DLC and charged 9.99 for them

finally I can enjoy DA2 in all its glory

well, that is once I buy a 1gb mem gfx card, which I never needed for lesser games

Replied to that topic.

It's really nice to see this made available. I hope they'll do the same for Mass Effect 3.

This is very nice, thankyou !

If you DO get around to a high res ME1 patch while you are in the mood that would be bloody marvellous :P

Huh? What's unacceptable about offering a free patch to fix an issue that a few people had been experiencing?

FFS! What a tools!

Misterhamper

Scholar
GarfunkeL said:

Pretty much this...it's not even for all PC gamers...just those with some excess graphics grunt. This reminds me of the old Voice Over patches you used to be able to get to put Voices into games...at the time very few people had these strange things called 'sound cards' so most wouldn't be able to use them.

This is a nice little nod to PC gamers...I think it's fantastic!

WHAT.THE.FUCKING.FUCK.ASSFUCKING.RETARDED.FUCKFUCK?

I've been playing from mid 1980's and I can't remember a SINGLE game that got a "Voice Over"-patch later - not to mention that how in Nine Hells would the developers get it to customers before Internet, when sound cards were rare?

Jools, you got an account there - go tell that guy to kill himself for being a filthy liar.

The only "Voice over patches" I remember, are from downloading RIPs back in the day.... probably those he is talking about :thumbsup:

Punck_D

Novice
GarfunkeL said:
I've been playing from mid 1980's and I can't remember a SINGLE game that got a "Voice Over"-patch later

Strike Commander comes to mind.

And one Wing Commander, I think it was WC2.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Multi-headed Cow said:
FFFFFFFFFFF. Be warned, Racofer. The link to the hi-res texture pack in the piracy thread is apparently only for 32 bit Windows. Just tried running it and it said it didn't like me since I was running 64 bit. WHAT THE GOD DAMN FUCKING ASSPISS, BIOWARE.

Why would I get it from there if you can download it from free through the Bioware website? ;)

Anyway, I've already managed to grab The Exiled Prince dlc and now I'm hunting for the other ones. So far no fucker has posted direct links to the Bioware servers which makes this endeavor that much more difficult.

made

Arcane
Before the advent of CD-ROMs there were "speech packs" available for Origin games (Ultima 7, 8). Incidentally, Origin was already owned by EA at that point as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom