Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Daggerfall Unity isnt Vaporware

Miles Davis or John Coltrane?

• Miles Davis

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • John Coltrane

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • Kenny G (kc response)

Votes: 68 41.5%

• Total voters

Luzur

Good Sir
Visitable Crypts
Post by Yagiza » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:48 pm

=====================================================================
Visitable Crypts

0.3.0 for DaggerFall Unity 0.10.12 (or newer)
=====================================================================

Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since version 0.10.12 completely working World Data Overrides feature is implemented in Daggerfall Unity.
This encouraged me to make this mod.
In the original Daggerfall, the crypts in the town cemeteries are decorative and impossible to enter.
This mod makes those crypts visitable: you may enter them to fight monsters and look for treasures.

Download
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VisitableCrypts-v0.3.0.zip
(162.54 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

Installation
Extract StreamingAssets\WorldData subdirectory to owerwrite existing StreamingAssets\WorldData subdirectory in DaggerfallUnity_Data directory.

Affected locations
In version 0.3.0 all the cities of Daggerfall and Sentinel with cemeteries, which contain crypts are affected. Other provinces are unaffected by this version of the mod. More locations will be added in further releases.

Known issues
There are some towns with cemeteries, which contain 2 crypts. Those towns are:
  • Crossmarket
  • Longbury
  • Aldingwich
  • Oxville
  • Whiteborne
  • Sedojer
  • Akhoaisa
The problem is that each location in Daggerfall may contain not more than 1 dungeon. So, only one of those crypts is visitable. Another one is left decorative.

Related mods
  • Persistent Dungeons
    It is recommended to use those mods together. Otherwise, you'll be able to get easily stuff by grabbing treasures and loot from the crypt and selling it in the nearest shop.
Changelog
    • All the town cemeteries with crypts in Sentinel are visitable now.
    • Make one of two crypts in Crossmarket and Longbury non-visitable.
    • Restore original map of cemeteries of Aldingwich, Oxville and Whiteborne, making one of crypts visitable.
    • Initial release

Luzur

Good Sir
[MOD] Tavern games
Post by imsobadatnicknames » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:08 pm

Wanna lighten taverns up a little? How about some tavern games? This mod uses the quests system to spawn NPCs you can play tavern games with!

Inpsired by his post by andromacus: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3775

tg3.png

tg4.png

tg1.png

tg2.png

How does it work?

Ater you've spent 2 hours in any city, hamlet, village, or inn, the game will choose some taverns to randomly spawn 5 NPCs you can play darts, cards, arm wrestling, chess, and a drinking contest with. Every 2 hours these NPCs will despawn and new ones will be placed.
Each NPC will place a random bet between 1 and 100 gold.
EDIT: Changed the way the bet works. The original version tried to remove the gold from you if you lost by using the "take _bet_ from pc" command, which doesn't work for money. I changed it to "pay x gold do _y_ otherwise do _z_". The only drawback is that that command doesn't accept any randomized values, so each bet is now a fixed 75 gold value. If you lose and don't have the 75 gold, the patron will call a couple buddies to beat you up.

Each game is associated with a player attribute

DARTS - AGILITY
CARDS - LUCK
ARM WRESTLING - STRENGTH
CHESS - INTELLIGENCE
DRINKING CONTEST - ENDURANCE

Value of said attribute will determine your chance of winning

0-9: You will always lose
10-19: 10% chance of winning
20-29: 20% chance of winning
30-39: 30% chance of winning
40-49: 40% chance of winning
50-59: 50% chance of winning
60-69: 60% chance of winning
70-79: 70% chance of winning
80-89: 80% chance of winning
90-100: 90% chance of winning

In their original post, andromacus proposed a couple games that would test two attributes at the same time. I found this too complicated to code for now, but might add it later, or simply update when I come up with new games.

1.1 Update:
Cheating has been implemented!
When you choose "yes" to the start game prompt, the game will ask you if you want to cheat.
If you choose to cheat, a roll will be made to decide wether you get caught or not. The lower your stealth skill, the more likely it is you'll get caught.
If you don't get caught, the game's win roll will be made like you had 20 points more in the relevant attribute (e.g. If you succesfully cheat at arm wrestling with 52 strength, you'll have a 70% chance of winning instead of 50%)
If you get caught ceating, some of your opponent's friends will try to beat you up.

Installation

1. Download the file.
2. Unzip the file inside StreamingAssets/Questpacks
3. If you're starting a new game, it should start working right away. If you're using it on a game you already started, you'll need to open up the console and type startquest TGMASTER to get it running. If this doesn't work, your version of DFU might only be able to start quests inside StreamingAssets/Quests from the console, so try moving the contents of the folder to StreamingAssets/Quests and try again.

You can get it on the Nexus here: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/109

Luzur

Good Sir
WIP: Basic Roads
Post by Hazelnut » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:52 pm

So having observed the large Roads of Daggerfall thread for 3 years, it seems like a good roads system for DFU is a way off still. It's a hard problem to solve certainly, and not one I intend to tackle. I tend to take a different approach to stuff which is working out what is the simplest thing that will work. I had this idea when I was migrating the terrain generation code to the Unity Jobs system a year and a half back and decided to try it out last week to see how well it worked.

The idea is to have a single byte for each map pixel of the Daggerfall world indicating which of 8 directions a road leads out of the terrain, then modify the terrain texture code to paint roads in each marked direction from the centre. This has a negligible performance hit as it simply runs during the normal tile assignment, so should make no appreciable difference to terrain generation speed so still allowing time accelerated travel at the same rate etc. There's a new road flattening code module in the generation path to smooth the roads a bit, and that will have a minor performance impact.

I've implemented this, and while very simple, it actually works really well in-game. The biggest issue with this method is that where the roads intersect locations, they don't always line up with the city gates etc. I've taken a very simple approach to solving this issue by encircling any location a road goes to with road - 2 wide for cities and 1 wide for smaller towns etc. This is not ideal, but is a compromise so that this simple scheme works.

Eventually I expect that a more refined roads implementation will be created, but for now we can use these simple basic roads. I considered seeding the path data from some of the work done by Meritamas on procedural generation, and then refine by hand using an editor. However, after creating the editor and trying it out I've now done 4 regions already... it's taken a few hours but was actually quite fun to do. For this reason I don't plan to seed path data, but will simply create all the paths using the editor by hand. To allow for crowd-sourcing this effort the editor creates a text file of the binary path data so others can make changes and send a PR to me and git should be able to merge in the changes. I hope anyway, since the lines in this text file are 2000 characters long it may not work.. we will have to see how it goes.

Here are some pictures of roads in game and the editor.
file.php

RoadCity.JPG (302.05 KiB) Viewed 495 times
file.php

RoadIntersection.JPG (301.75 KiB) Viewed 495 times
file.php

RoadEditorDF.JPG (279.68 KiB) Viewed 495 times
file.php

RoadEditorZoom.JPG (247.97 KiB) Viewed 495 times

I've created a preview .dfmod for people to try out if they want to. It will only work with the latest DFU master code from github running in Unity editor, so if you're not already running that it's probably worth waiting. Eventually I'll want people to help map road paths, but we're not at that stage yet. What I could use is people trying out the roads I've already pathed in game, and travelling to different locations and seeing if the road layout works well. If you find a small correction you can make to improve the paths, then please use the editor to make the changes and post here with before and after screenshots. If you submit updated data files, please make each change separately, as I may accept one and not the other.

Don't start pathing in new regions yet! Don't tell me the editor is crap, if you don't like it either stay quiet or make a better one. Ta.
icon_e_smile.gif

Editor instructions:
  • Enable editing in the mod settings.
  • Load the game and open the console to type 'roadeditor'.
  • When first loaded the editor will create a copy of the binary road path data from the dfmod package into a text file roadData.txt in StreamingAssets/WorldData folder. This is the data you will be editing, note that it doesn't write the file until you make a change and say yes to saving when exiting.
  • The editor window is a modified extension of the DFU travel map, you can select regions and zoom with right click. (1600x1000 minimal resolution recommended)
  • Left click on map pixels to mark it as having roads, and click again to unmark. An unconnected pixel with show as having all 8 directions until connected.
  • Roads connect to adjacent roads, and sometimes you will need to click different combos to get the layout you want. Cardinal directions are preferred over diagonals.
  • Cities and Towns are shown as large squares, and these should all be connected by roads.
  • Smaller villages and hamlets can be connected if a road is going close.
  • Try to avoid connecting any tombs, dungeons, or farms etc - but placing roads nearby is fine.
  • When you exit, you can save your changes or discard them.
  • Saviing changes will update the road data used in game, but only until you quit. When you start the game again, the original data will be used until you open the editor.
  • To reset to the original changes, remove the roadData.txt file from WorldData and let the editor recreate it.
https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4009 link for download

Luzur

Good Sir
[Mod] Vanilla Normal Mapped
Post by socuciustarkus » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:25 pm

file.php

Cover.png (675.93 KiB) Viewed 418 times
Vanilla Normal Mapped

Welcome to my first DFUnity mod! This mod just basically adds Normal mapped textures into the game based on the original size and resolution of the original textures. I used a few simple programs to extract all of Daggerfall's textures, rename them into the proper DFUnity format, and created normal maps for each and every one of them.

The main program I used: https://github.com/Theverat/NormalmapGenerator

This mod is kind of like Pure Vanilla Extract, but for those who prefer the original low-res style of the game

Download

Default: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qVRz6S ... sp=sharing
Without Terrain Normal Maps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RkHuIv ... sp=sharing

Installation Instructions

Extract Normals.zip or NormalsNoTerrain.zip into your \DFUnity\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets folder. All the textures should automatically go into \StreamingAssets\Textures

Examples
file.php

sample6.png (753.26 KiB) Viewed 418 times
file.php

sample7.png (776.68 KiB) Viewed 416 times
Please leave any feedback or requests in the comments below, I'll see what I can do to help out!

Luzur

Good Sir
Kamer's Stuff II - Random Idea's and Plans
Post by Kamer » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:00 pm

Hey, I'll be posting about all my projects here to have some transparency about whats being actively worked on. These will be themed as screenshots with text explaining what the context of the photo is, what mod that the screenshot is referencing and idea's I'm either planning on or actively working on. With the first post, I'll be showing something that was originally gonna be a Warm Ashe's module but I've decided to be a separate mod. Feel free to give feedback or opinions on what you see anything regarding my mods.

Detailed Dungeons

Spoiler!
unknown.png

This will be it's own mod release. This will also be the layout for future Warm Ashes foe's to reside. Detailed Dungeon Exteriors is self explanatory. I'm working on adding details to the exterior to dungeons. This is to make them a bit more visible to traveling players, and to give much needed detail to otherwise flat boring landscape.
This screenshot however is an exception as its a crashed ship outside of Privateers Hold.

Luzur

Good Sir
[MOD] Populated buildings
Post by imsobadatnicknames » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Tired of feeling like the only person in the entire Iliac Bay who ever visits shops, temples, and guilds? This mod uses the quest system to occasionally spawn NPCs in buildings you're inside of.

06ad3f7f-1de1-4ac0-b1f9-e8fde6bd5e1c766.jpg

pb2.png

pb3.png

pb1.png

How does it work?

An hour after you enter any city, a few buildings (shops, guilds and temples) will be randomly chosen to be populated with NPCs if you enter them. From there on, every hour you spend inside the city, these NPCs will be despawned, and a new set of buildings will be randomly chosen.

EDIT: There's also an alternative version of the mod which includes taverns among the buildings to spawn NPCs in. The reason why I didn't include taverns in the main version of the mod in the first place is because the NPCs spawned using this method count as "enemies" even if they're not hostile, so if you try to rest in a tavern that's getting populated with NPCs by this mod you will get the "there are enemies nearby" message. I don't consider this a big deal, since all cities in the game have a fuckton of taverns so if you find one you're unable to sleep in you can just go to a different one or wait outside for an hour while the mod resets and chooses a different tavern. You could even attempt to explain this in-character as the tavern having all rooms occupied, or being too noisy for you to be able to sleep. However, I figured most players would probably want to save themselves the annoyance and I removed the taverns from the first upload.

EDIT2: Version 1.1 changelog.
Changed timer to three hours to avoid spamming the quest system too much.
Corrected a couple errors that were preventing some quests in the folder from parsing.
NPCs will also spawn in palaces now.
Now they will also spawn in buildings in hamlets, not only in cities.

EDIT3: Version 1.2 changelog
NPCs will now do random small talk when you click them.
Your legal reputation will be reduced if you attack them, and reduced even further if you kill them

smalltalk.png

smalltalk1.png

smalltalk2.png

Installation

1. Download the file.
2. Unzip the file inside /StreamingAssets/Questpacks
3. If you're starting a new game, that's all you need to do. If you wanna use the mod on a game you already started, you'll have to open up the console and type startquest PBMASTER to get the mod running.

Special thanks

I wanna thank Jay_H, Hazelnut, and interkarma for putting up with my barrage of dumb questions in the custom quest support thread.

You can find the mod on nexus at https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/105 or download it from this post.

why, though?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I guess to make the world feel less lonely? I dunno. Its a real pity the company didn't stick with their original plan to put in multi-player since Arena. I just downloaded all the daggerfall mods I could find and organized them. Now to actually look through them. I was hoping arena received more love.

Luzur

Good Sir
I guess to make the world feel less lonely? I dunno. Its a real pity the company didn't stick with their original plan to put in multi-player since Arena. I just downloaded all the daggerfall mods I could find and organized them. Now to actually look through them. I was hoping arena received more love.

well there is a Arena unity thing going on

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I just noticed I had adult content blocked on modnexus. Seems I have more mods available. I need to go through all 60+ pages and check against the folders I have.

Next I recall there were mods for Morrowind and Oblivion. Look at the list just for this guys set up:

Well, this is going to be long. Be aware that I merged all FMI mods and Unique weapons model Mods. The firsts are for lore consistency, the second, unique weapons, you find them on Nexus, There also shaders and pluginless mods that are not included in this list : 001 Morrowind.esm 002 Tribunal.esm 003 Bloodmoon.esm 004 Morrowind Rebirth 4.42 - Morrowind Patch 1.6.5 [Rebirth].esm 005 Tamriel_Data.esm 006 MCA.esm 007 TR_Mainland.esm 008 GDR_MasterFile.esm 009 Morrowind Rebirth 4.42 - Racial Diversity 1.7 [Addon].esm 010 MW_Children_1_0.esm 011 abotWaterLife.esm 012 OAAB_Data.esm 013 Morrowind full grass + rebuilt.ESP 014 Grass.Tel.Meskoa.1.3.Remiros.esp 015 GrassRebirth1.esp 016 GrassRebirth2.esp 017 Ashlander Traders Remastered.esp 018 TR_Mainland_1709_hotfix4.esp 019 abotWindowsGlow.esp 020 Statue Replacer - Normal.esp 021 bones.esp 022 Shieldfx.esp 023 Book Jackets - Morrowind.esp 024 Book Jackets - Tribunal.esp 025 Book Jackets - Bloodmoon.esp 026 The Merchant Fendus.ESP 027 The_Battle_Rite_of_Mephala.esp 028 TheAssassination.ESP 029 TheManifoldSpires.esp 030 Umbra, Blademaster.ESP 031 TravelingMerchants_v2_3 - Luce Edit.esp 032 veg-TotW-books.esp 033 TrulyDisturbingVampireDreams.ESP 034 Vivec_Voice_addon TRIBUNAL.esp 035 No Arrow Weight.ESP 036 Sotha Sil Expanded.ESP 037 Meteorite Ministry Palace - Higher.ESP 038 Bob's Diverse Dagoths.esp 039 Key Replacer Trib & BM.esp 040 JEB_muffin_fix.esp 041 Barabus' fireplaces 2.esp 042 Particle Arrow Replacer.esp 043 Bloated Caves.esp 044 ExcellentMagicSounds.esp 045 WA_Signy_Signposts(!).ESP 046 RealSignposts.esp 047 RP House Hlaalu.esp 048 Morrowind Rebirth 4.42 - Mercenaries BETA [Addon].ESP 049 AtmosphericSoundEffects-3.0-Tribunal.esp 050 TR_Mainland_1709_hotfix5.esp 051 Sotha Sil Expanded - Skip Clockwork City Quests (nerfed portal).esp 052 Unique Tavern Signs for Tamriel Rebuilt.ESP 053 abotBoatsTR1912.esp 054 abotWaterLifeTRaddon1809.esp 055 abotRiverStridersTR1912.esp 056 abotSiltStridersTR1912.esp 057 abotWindowsGlowTR1912.esp 058 abotMoveOrTakeMyPlace.esp 059 abotRainSplash.esp 060 ActualBigHead.ESP 061 Faces of Vel - Ash Mire.ESP 062 Store Entrance Chimes - Alt Ver.ESP 063 RFD_Heartthrum.ESP 064 Mournhold Courtiers.esp 065 Better Skulls.ESP 066 Vivec's Chamber.ESP 067 md_bm_berserkers.ESP 068 Encumberance increaser StrX10.esp 069 Indexes.ESP 070 Unique Snowy Crown.ESP 071 Keg Drip.ESP 072 Great Service.ESP 073 Morrowind Rebirth 4.43.ESP 074 FLG - Balmora's Underworld V1.1.esp 075 Ttooth's Missing NPCs - Nolus.ESP 076 Floating Vivec.ESP 077 frostmoth_repaired_v0_31.esp 078 Protective Guards.esp 079 Go Fletch.ESP 080 AltShieldsRemover.ESP 081 Ancient_Altar.ESP 082 GH_TestCell_TR.esp 083 Hortator.ESP 084 GH_trama_patch.esp 085 Holamayan Monastery Replacer [For Rebirth].esp 086 Illuminated Palace of Vivec.esp 087 Indybank-NoBanks.esp 088 Legend of ChemuaM.esp 089 LPFR_TSAFW.esp 090 Lucevar's CoM QoL patch.ESP 091 Magicka Expanded.ESP 092 Mountains_of_Mournhold_V3.5.esp 093 Next Generation Combat.esp 094 Next Generation Combat - Hand To Hand Sound Fix.esp 095 NON2.RoadtoMournhold.v1.0.2a.esp 096 OAAB Armor Preview.ESP 097 OAAB_Tel Mora.ESP 098 OAAB_Tel Mora_Female Guards.ESP 099 Creeper the Scamp.ESP 100 Of Justice and Innocence.esp 101 Plunder the Dungeon.ESP 102 Purist-friendly magicka regen.ESP 103 SilentHits.esp 104 Slof's Pillow Book.esp 105 Something's Not Right.ESP 106 STA_guides_replacer_NoScript.esp 107 Stav_Stormkiss Reforged.esp 108 The Corpse and the Skooma Pipe Overhaul.ESP 109 The Dream is the Door.ESP 110 The G93 Vanilla Quest Tweaks, RP Choices, Consequences Super Mega Package - Ultimate Edition.ESP 111 The Haunted Tavern of the West Gash.esp 112 The Imperial Legion Badge.esp 113 The Key Mod.esp 114 k_weather.esp 115 Labeled_roadsigns_TR.ESP 116 LowerFirstPersonSneak.ESP 117 Djangos Dialogue.ESP 118 mistify.ESP 119 GhostFence Rebirth.ESP 120 Unique Weapons Armor collection 1.0.ESP 121 What Thieves Guild.ESP 122 Less_Generic_Tribunal.esp 123 Its a deal.ESP 124 BugMuskPerfume.esp 125 Tel_Meskoa_Tel _Matouigius_1.3_EV.esp 126 DD_2_ExpeditionToMzelthuand.esp 127 drunk south removal.ESP 128 Concept Art Palace.esp 129 Better Bodies.esp 130 Mage Robes.ESP 131 Better Clothes_v1.1.esp 132 More Better Clothes.ESP 133 NewBlood_MwTbBm1.1.esp 134 BetterClothesForTB.esp 135 Neo's Unique Creatures.esp 136 Psy_UniqueDremora_T.esp 137 Golden Gold.esp 138 New Voices.esp 139 Sleepers, Awake!.esp 140 guarskin_drum_replacer.esp 141 LeftGloves_Addon_v2.esp 142 Clean MCFC_1.0.esp 143 imperial chain fix.esp 144 New Bodies - Clean.esp 145 OTR_Coast_Variety.esp 146 MW Containers Animated.esp 147 Better_Sounds.esp 148 The Tribe Unmourned (GHD).esp 149 abotWhereAreAllBirdsGoing.esp 150 Vaermora.esp 151 FasterSkillRate3x.ESP 152 Animal Behaviour.esp 153 Antares Big Mod 7.63.esp 154 Banners With Sound.esp 155 barilzar_voice.esp 156 BlightedAnimalsRetextured.esp 157 COI.ESP 158 DialogueReputationFix.ESP 159 Distant Thunder.ESP 160 md_Forge of Hilbongard.ESP 161 MWSE2p1_EnchantmentServices1p04.esp 162 abotGondoliers.esp 163 Unique Banners and Signs.esp 164 mel_teleportPlugin_1_3.esp 165 Flies.ESP 166 epic_landmarks.ESP 167 Character Backgrounds.esp 168 Nocturnal Moths - TLD.ESP 169 Cave Drips.ESP 170 LootWellUrned.ESP 171 Mamaea Awakened.ESP 172 Always there Spell Breaker.ESP 173 HircineQuest.ESP 174 Idle Talk.ESP 175 Strider Burial.esp 176 The three and thy Lords.ESP 177 The Grove of Ben'Abi.ESP 178 Enhanced Light.ESP 179 Tel Naga Treasury.ESP 180 UniqueFinery.esp 181 Unique Jewelry and Accessories.esp 182 UF_HortRobeF001.esp 183 Unique Dagoth Brandy & Amulet.ESP 184 VSW_Solstheim_TOTSP2_v1.0.3.esp 185 VSW_STOTSP_Ravenrock_WinG_MwScript_v1.2.esp 186 Waterfalls Tweaks.esp 187 Weightless_Merged.ESP 188 XE Sky Variations.esp 189 Welcome Home.esp 190 Tunnel Cough.ESP 191 SirLuthor-Tools.esp 192 Illy's Solsteim Rumour Fix.esp 193 Improved Argonians.esp 194 JMS-shishi_door_fix.esp 195 Magic Diversity NO SOUND.ESP 196 Map - Deluxe - NoQuest.esp 197 MEL Imperials Addon.ESP 198 MELAltmerAddon.ESP 199 Melchior's Mudcrab Merchant.ESP 200 MELDunmerAddon.ESP 201 MelHairConversion.ESP 202 MELRedguardsAddon.ESP 203 Mels Faces.ESP 204 MELWoodElvesAddon.ESP 205 MK_Khajiit.esp 206 Mournhold - A Walk in the Park.esp 207 MWSE2.1_Pursuit_Revisited1.202.esp 208 Nasty Cammona Tong.esp 209 Passage of Prayers - No Lore.ESP 210 Pherim Animated Bellows Sounds.esp 211 Riders.ESP 212 Buoyant Lord Vivec.ESP 213 Ships of the Imperial Navy.esp 214 Meteor.esp 215 Arhiz Argonian Headpack 1.1.ESP 216 Ashlander Quests.ESP 217 Beautiful Books.ESP 218 Bi-Ahnassi.ESP 219 Clean Atmospheric Delights.ESP 220 Palace of Vehk.ESP 221 correctUV Ore Replacer_respawning.esp 222 CreeperReplacer.esp 223 CultSheog-1.02.ESP 224 Divayth Fyr Puzzle Fixed.ESP 225 Descriptive Shrines - Healing.ESP 226 Dramatic Vivec [For Rebirth].esp 227 Entertainers Expanded.esp 228 Entertainers Expanded Again.ESP 229 FMI + Inconsistency fixes.ESP 230 SpyMastersAbode.ESP 231 Join All Houses.esp 232 Morag Tong Polished.esp 233 Redaynia Restored.ESP 234 The Madstone.ESP 235 Welcome to the Arena! v6.7.esp 236 Religions Elaborated.ESP 237 Vvardenfell Brotherhood.esp 238 ghastly gg.esp 239 Vivec Temple Exterior Overhaul (Banners Only Version).ESP 240 Ancient Foes.esp 241 TheMidnightOil.ESP 242 Brevur of Balmora - Finally Some Good Statue Mod.ESP 243 True_Lights_And_Darkness_1.0-NoDaylight.esp
Bah, from youtube to here it looks a mess but just from there are 243 mods and as he says.. some were spliced together. Lordy. Its amazing what can be done to these games.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I'll be honest. That looks worse than vanilla. The lighting is hard on the eyes and the framerate is in the toilet.

Luzur

Good Sir
[MOD] Lazerran the Alchemist (Companion)
Post by imsobadatnicknames » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:03 pm

The concept for this mod was mostly created by knightwalker410 on the nexus, I just tried implement their ideas using the quest system.

2020-08-20-02-13-09.png

2020-08-20-02-14-10.png

2020-08-20-02-44-45.png

2020-08-20-03-04-08.png

2020-08-20-03-00-14.png

Lazerran is a shapeshifting alchemist who will offer to join you on your journey after a short and simple quest. Lazerran won't help you fight, but will stay outside gathering ingredients (or occassionally brewing potions) when you enter a dungeon to give you when you come out. Sometimes, they'll also ask to visit specific places in a city, like having dinner at a particular tavern, going to a particular apothecary to earn some money selling their potions (which you will get a cut of), etc.

2020-08-20-02-43-43.png

2020-08-20-02-44-00.png

If left behind when you exit a dungeon, Lazerran will send you a letter telling you where you can meet up again.

2020-08-20-02-53-37.png

I originally had the idea to have a version of the mod specifically for people who use Climates and Calories by Ralzar, where Lazerran would also have a chance of hunting/foraging for some food to give you, but I couldn't figure out how to add C&C's food items into the quest items table.

Installation

1. Download the file.
3. If you're starting a new game, it should start working right away. If you're using it on a game you already started, you'll need to open up the console and type startquest LZ000 to get it running. If this doesn't work, your version of DFU might only be able to start quests inside StreamingAssets/Quests from the console, so try moving the contents of the folder to StreamingAssets/Quests and try again.

Permissions

Anyone is allowed to edit this mod and upload new versions or whatever as long as they credit me. I'd love to see more companions being implemented into DFU!

You can download this mod from the nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/114

Luzur

Good Sir
[MOD] Ghaksha the Orc Companion
Post by imsobadatnicknames » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:33 am

Need a dungeon-crawling buddy? Ghaksha's got your back!

After the work I did on my mercenaries mod, I thought it'd be fun to see how far I could push the idea of Daggerfall companions.

So, this is Ghaksha.

2020-08-16-12-55-36.png

2020-08-16-01-08-22.png

You'll randomly find her in taverns in cities, and if you click her, she'll give you a quest to help her avenge her brother (have in mind that if you tell her no, this quest can never be started again). If you agree to help her, the quest has no time limit, and once you finish it, she'll start randomly showing up in dungeons sometimes to help you fight the baddies, and she'll also sometimes send you letters or even gifts!
Have in mind that, as most quest enemies have infighting disabled by default, she probably won't fight any enemies created by quests.

1.1 Update:
Made a minor change to make her come to help you more frequently. Version 1 had a cooldown timer with a random value between 0 and 60 days, and she'd only spawn once this timer had reached 0 and you visited a dungeon. In hindsight, 60 days is a little too much, so I changed the cooldown to 0-20 days.

2020-08-16-12-55-23.png

113-1597558901-2098600199.png

2020-08-16-01-06-14.png

Installation:

1. Download the file.
3. If you're starting a new game, it should start working right away. If you're using it on a game you already started, you'll need to open up the console and type startquest GK000 to get it running. If this doesn't work, your version of DFU might only be able to start quests inside StreamingAssets/Quests from the console, so try moving the contents of the folder to StreamingAssets/Quests and try again.

Permissions:

As this questpack can easily be edited and used as a framework to create new companions, I give anybody the right to do so as long as you credit me as the original source. I honestly only chose an orc bc, as the gender of human enemies is randomized on startup, it'd be a little jarring if your companion had a different gender every time they showed up. But if that doesn't bother you, feel free to createsorceer companion or a barbarian companion or whatever.

You can download this mod from the nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/113

Luzur

Good Sir
Kokey's Minor Mods
Post by Kokey » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:50 am

Well, I plan to upload whatever I make here.

Masked Road Textures

Replaces the vanilla road textures with alternative versions that have a different road design that was crafted from the vanilla textures so they don't stand out.
All four tile sets were done, and Temperate Woodland is the worst of them (is just as bad on vanilla, though). For it to look decent I would have to rework the other textures (maybe in the future) or even touch how the game renders the terrain (I have no skills for that, sorry...).
To install drop these textures inside your StreamingAssets/Textures folder. To uninstall, delete them.

Pictures:
Spoiler!

7uPdqN1.png

Och7HiZ.png

Zmntzm5.png

rkqJCxy.png

Handpainted Spell Icons

Replaces the vanilla spell icon textures with painted versions that try to follow vanilla aesthetics.
To install drop the IMG folder inside your StreamingAssets/Textures folder. It might not work if you use the D.R.E.A.M. mod, so to use them in this case (or in case you wish to keep the vanilla icons) take the .png inside the IMG folder, rename it to something else and drop it into StreamingAssets/SpellIcons.

Pictures:
L9LE5iF.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom